Mar 23, 2017, 09:10 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Who has 180 day warranty? FlySky?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2017, 06:15 PM
I'm not completely sure if it's the FS-i6X or the x6b or the combination of them, but this is what I've found out:

At least using i-BUS, when you pull the pitch back fully with throttle in the max position it will boot the FC. This will happen in several other stick position combinations as well. I have tried this with F3 and F4, two different i6Xs and three different x6bs. I've tried it with battery connected and tearing the quad down to just the F4 and x6b connected to a PC with USB , resetting the FC, several different firmwares on both betaflight and cleanflight, several USB cables and two PCs and one MAC. The problem was way worse with the 10 AUX channels activated. When just doing max roll right (right stick to right max), it showed two switched being toggled in the receiver tab in betaflight. This is how I first found out about this. My quad was upside down at 10 meters and I tried rolling it right side up and it just fell down dead, breaking my camera, vtx and chipping my frame. I tried also switching stick mode and found out its not left stick up right stick down, but as i stated above max throttle min pitch.
Last edited by frenia; Mar 27, 2017 at 08:20 PM.
Mar 27, 2017, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser03
Who has 180 day warranty? FlySky?
I would be surprised if any company did considering it would be contrary consumer law in almost every country in the world.....
Mar 27, 2017, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenia
I'm not completely sure if it's the FS-i6X or the x6b or the combination of them, but this is what I've found out:

At least using i-BUS, when you pull the pitch back fully with throttle in the max position it will boot the FC. This will happen in several other stick position combinations as well. I have tried this with F3 and F4, two different i6Xs and three different x6bs. I've tried it with battery connected and tearing the quad down to just the F4 and x6b connected to a PC with USB , resetting the FC, several different firmwares on both betaflight and cleanflight, several USB cables and two PCs and one MAC. The problem was way worse with the 10 AUX channels activated. When just doing max roll right (right stick to right max), it showed two switched being toggled in the receiver tab in betaflight. This is how I first found out about this. My quad was upside down at 10 meters and I tried rolling it right side up and it just fell down dead, breaking my camera, vtx and chipping my frame. I tried also switching stick mode and found out its not left stick up right stick down, but as i stated above max throttle min pitch.
Hey, do you have another receiver to test with? This is very odd behavior. Also if possible a video would be a great help in trying to see whats going on, would you be able to record one for me?
Apr 10, 2017, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Another issue I had was with the throttle stick being sporadic. I thought was my servo, but when I switched the i6X to the Display screen, I could see the input jumping around without me touching the stick.
I also had that problem and it is the hardware. Open the Tx and you can see the potentiometer board in gimbal has not been properly soldered.

Also arrange the wires on gimbals where it is comfortably to move when you are using the sticks.
Apr 12, 2017, 03:27 PM
The signal dropout/failsafe in less than 200m cost me my gopro session today. It dropped in about 50ft on concrete.
This is not acceptable.

Sent from my Le X522 using Tapatalk
Apr 17, 2017, 09:34 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Before launching today, I again noticed the sheet line (Chan 3) did not go where it was suppose to when the stick was full down and the sheet SHOULD be full in. I switched to the Display screen and knocked the i6X with my hand and the sheet moved to where it should be and I watched the display move. Knocked it again and it moved. I kept knocking it until it was where it should be.

BangGood no longer returns my emails.

I am loosing confidence on this radio.

My friend I was sailing with was impressed with my radio until he saw this episode.
Last edited by RCLaser03; May 12, 2017 at 09:08 AM.
Apr 17, 2017, 09:42 PM
RC Warjet
Quote:
Finally heard back from BangGood.com They will not replace the FS-i6X unit. They sent me a link to their Return Policy instead. They have a 3 day return policy. If you don't broken find all issues in 3 days, you are out of luck.

I guess it is time to write my review of the product when I get some free time.
Won't do any good to post a less than stellar review, Banggood won't post it. You'll submit, and if it's less than 5 stars, you'll get a message that says they'll review before posting - never happens.
Apr 17, 2017, 10:15 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
I must agree. It has been over two weeks since I wrote my review and it is not published.
Apr 18, 2017, 12:21 AM
Quote:
I must agree. It has been over two weeks since I wrote my review and it is not published.
They won't publish negative reviews.

Posted using a pencil.
Apr 28, 2017, 10:44 AM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Apparently FlySky does not answer email. I sent an email describing my issues to '[email protected]' on April 19 and have not even received an acknowledgment.

People at my club are always asking if I got any answers from FlySky and now it has become a running joke every week. "Heard from Fly-By-Night yet?" It usually gets a big laugh when I bang my radio to get my sail to come in after someone passes me.

It is a shame because I really like the design and features of the radio, but build quality does not seem to be a concern with the company. The i6 I have does not have the problems I have with the i6X.
Last edited by RCLaser03; May 12, 2017 at 09:10 AM.
May 05, 2017, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Apparently FlySky does not answer email. I sent an email describing my issues to '[email protected]' on April 19 and have not even received an acknowledgment.

People at my club are always asking if I got any answers from FlySky and now it has become a running joke every week. "Heard from Fly-By-Night yet?" It usually gets a big laugh when I bang my radio to get my sail to come in after someone passes me.

It is a shame because I really like the design and features of the radio, but build quality does not seem to be a concern with the company. The i6 I have does not have the problems I have with the i6X. It seems when they changed manufacturing processes for efficiency, they lost quality.
Sorry, I have been away from RCGroups for a while. Have you received a reply yet? I will look into that for you. In the mean time you can email me at [email protected]. I am not the sales department but I can help with trouble shooting or pass you onto the right person.
May 06, 2017, 06:40 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
No reply yet, I have sent an email to you. Thanks for your help.
May 10, 2017, 08:37 PM
Just into the office now will have a look!
May 11, 2017, 11:13 AM
I am very curios about this problem also, have you tried with another i6/i6X to check the telemetry data? Maybe its a faulty transmitter, it would be great if FlySkyRC can maybe pull and test a i6X with an X6B/IA6B/IA10B and see if the telemetry data drops or not
I want to buy an I6X but I need a confirmation that this is a isolated incident

Thanks for info
Last edited by ElyZa; May 11, 2017 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply