Thread Tools
Jan 18, 2017, 10:33 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Discussion

FS-i6x Bug Reports


I don't see a thread for this radio so I will start with a bug I have found today.

While doing a range test with the iA10B receiver my sailboat, I was watching the the telemetry sensor screen. at about 300 feet, I would lose all telemetry readings on the i6x. I would never see a Signal Strength below 7 when the screen would blank except for TX voltage. I still had control of the boat until I reached the other side of the pond at about 500 feet.

This seems to make the signal related telemetry useless.

Is this because the telemetry transmitter is very weak?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2017, 01:28 AM
FlySkyRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser03
I don't see a thread for this radio so I will start with a bug I have found today.

While doing a range test with the iA10B receiver my sailboat, I was watching the the telemetry sensor screen. at about 300 feet, I would lose all telemetry readings on the i6x. I would never see a Signal Strength below 7 when the screen would blank except for TX voltage. I still had control of the boat until I reached the other side of the pond at about 500 feet.

This seems to make the signal related telemetry useless.

Is this because the telemetry transmitter is very weak?
Its the first time I have heard of this particular bug, I will report it to our dev team and see what I get back. Its totally fine to start new threads here, this is for our customers as much as us.
Jan 27, 2017, 08:21 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
I had repeat of a problem today. This happened before, but I thought it might have been something I did, but it happened again today.

I have a throttle curve set with SW D in the up position. I went in to change the curve and the screen showed a default straight line. I flipped the switch a few times and no change.
I thought the switch might not be active, so I went through the menus to the Aux Switch menu to confirm SW D was turned ON and it was. I went back to the Throttle Curve screen and the curve was there. I flipped the switch and the Down position had the straight line as desired. Flipped to the Up position and the curve was there. Things are back to proper.
Feb 01, 2017, 11:46 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser03
While doing a range test with the iA10B receiver my sailboat, I was watching the the telemetry sensor screen. at about 300 feet, I would lose all telemetry readings on the i6x. I would never see a Signal Strength below 7 when the screen would blank except for TX voltage. I still had control of the boat until I reached the other side of the pond at about 500 feet.

This seems to make the signal related telemetry useless.

Is this because the telemetry transmitter is very weak?
Today I would never see a Signal Strength below 9. The Telemetry would disappear from the screen. Battery in the boat was 6.3V. I had complete control of the boat so it seems the controller was maintaining the link, but the telemetry was not.
Do I have a bad iA10B receiver?
Feb 03, 2017, 09:49 PM
FlySkyRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser03
Today I would never see a Signal Strength below 9. The Telemetry would disappear from the screen. Battery in the boat was 6.3V. I had complete control of the boat so it seems the controller was maintaining the link, but the telemetry was not.
Do I have a bad iA10B receiver?
Hey, you might do, do you know anyone else who has one to borrow? Easiest way to test would be to swap it out.
Feb 04, 2017, 10:34 AM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
I have a i6 and iA6B.
I guess I could bind the i6X to the iA6B and the i6 to the iA10B and see what happens. Would that work?

BTW: My last time out I was able to see Signal of 8 and RSSI -85dB before the screen would blank.
Feb 09, 2017, 08:58 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
I swapped receivers so that the i6 is bound to the iA10B and the i6X is bound to the iA6B. I
was able to have telemetry from the iA10B until the i6 showed an Error of about 85% then it dropped out. The i6X was able to show telemetry from the iA6B until Signal Strength of 8 and sometimes 7.
Feb 10, 2017, 04:59 AM
FlySkyRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser03
I swapped receivers so that the i6 is bound to the iA10B and the i6X is bound to the iA6B. I
was able to have telemetry from the iA10B until the i6 showed an Error of about 85% then it dropped out. The i6X was able to show telemetry from the iA6B until Signal Strength of 8 and sometimes 7.
Hmm, how old is the system now?
Feb 10, 2017, 08:09 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Just about a month old.
Feb 15, 2017, 12:41 AM
FlySkyRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser03
Just about a month old.
Best thing to do is contact the seller and arrange a replacement.
Feb 24, 2017, 11:55 PM
Registered User
junmarD4th's Avatar
his sucks. I read the failsafe issues.
I experienced a lot of crashes today using 2 x6b on 2 quads, 1 on x210 frame with airbotF4 and 1 on Martian 3 with Airbot Omnibus F3 using a flysky fs-i6x and irangeX irx-i6x.
Both crashed after over a 100 meter or maybe less.
Really pissed.
I don't know what the issue is but it goes to failsafe and telemetry data on TX is cleared, ExtV2, IntV2 and RSSI1.
I set the failsafe on TX but 100m or so range is unacceptable.
Feb 26, 2017, 09:48 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyRC
Best thing to do is contact the seller and arrange a replacement.
I contacted BangGood.com weeks ago and have been given a run around. I don't think they believe me. Now they want a video of my problems.
Since I first contacted them this unit is getting worse.
The alarms stopped working on the i6X. If I put my ear on the unit I hear a faint sound, but that is it.
Another issue I had was with the throttle stick being sporadic. I thought was my servo, but when I switched the i6X to the Display screen, I could see the input jumping around without me touching the stick.
Mar 17, 2017, 09:04 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
BangGood sent me another receiver but I have the same issue with telemetry dropping out at Signal Strength 7-8. They have not answered any emails since they sent the receiver a week ago.

I guess I am stuck.
Mar 22, 2017, 09:38 AM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Thread OP
Finally heard back from BangGood.com They will not replace the FS-i6X unit. They sent me a link to their Return Policy instead. They have a 3 day return policy. If you don't find all issues in 3 days, you are out of luck.

I guess it is time to write my review of the product when I get some free time.
Last edited by RCLaser03; May 12, 2017 at 09:05 AM.
Mar 22, 2017, 11:57 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser03
Finally heard back from BangGood.com They will not replace the FS-i6X unit. They sent me a link to their Return Policy instead. They have a 3 day return policy. If you don't broken find all issues in 3 days, you are out of luck.

I guess it is time to write my review of the product when I get some free time.
They have a 180 day warranty which they will deny to fulfill, instead, open a dispute with Paypal or your credit card.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools