May 06, 2019, 04:26 AM
In my case, the wing bolts where screwed in the wing, two on each side and one extra wing bolt was given in the hardware package that came along with the plane. A rudder servo horn is not part of de delivery, you have to order that. I guess 3.5" will be sufficient.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2019, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair001
In my case, the wing bolts where screwed in the wing, two on each side and one extra wing bolt was given in the hardware package that came along with the plane. A rudder servo horn is not part of de delivery, you have to order that. I guess 3.5" will be sufficient.
Yes, I found them in the wings.
Thanks.
Also I checked on the threads on the wing bolts, they're 1/4 20.
It's surprising to see SAE threads on a metric plane.
I ordered Secraft wing bolts because I don't like the nylon ones.
Last edited by clearprop88; May 07, 2019 at 12:45 PM.
May 08, 2019, 12:47 AM
Since the engine completely fits in de cowl, and I would like to keep it this way, cooling problems are to be expected. I designed some air intakes coming from the holes on the left and right from the cowl, with PVC tubes. It is a little bit difficult for me to explain it by writing (foreign language ) so I hope the pictures below will do the rest. The weight of the tubes is about 128 grams.
Last edited by corsair001; May 08, 2019 at 01:07 AM.
May 08, 2019, 02:19 PM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Quote:
Since the engine completely fits in de cowl, and I would like to keep it this way, cooling problems are to be expected. I designed some air intakes coming from the holes on the left and right from the cowl, with PVC tubes. It is a little bit difficult for me to explain it by writing (foreign language ) so I hope the pictures below will do the rest. The weight of the tubes is about 128 grams.
Great design, but I am not certain if this causes more heat problems as the airflow through the cowl will be obstructed and you might not get enough cool air through the fuselage to cool down the header and canister
May 09, 2019, 03:42 AM
Do you think this could give problems ? The air comes in the cowl true the tubes, it is not that the air is guided away from the cowl.....
May 09, 2019, 12:06 PM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Quote:
Do you think this could give problems ? The air comes in the cowl true the tubes, it is not that the air is guided away from the cowl.....
The tubes are blowing the air to the engine and I think the air will stick in the cowl as not much air flow is left to push it further in the fuselage. Instead of a clean airflow you also might cause turbulences in the cowl which could effect your carburettor .
Give it a try, I might be wrong. Run the engine with and without cowl and see if there are any big differences in rpm
May 09, 2019, 01:01 PM
Thanks for your advice, I will try that for sure.
Last edited by corsair001; May 09, 2019 at 11:43 PM.
May 10, 2019, 03:34 AM
Yesterday, I installed the stabilo and noticed the tube does not fit properly into the fuselage. Looks like the tube is a little bit to small, the stabilo's are not sitting very tight. Since I am not planning to remove te stabilo's anymore I am thinking about glueing everything together. Dit you maybe had the same problem ?
Last edited by corsair001; May 10, 2019 at 04:26 AM.
May 11, 2019, 11:23 AM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Quote:
Yesterday, I installed the stabilo and noticed the tube does not fit properly into the fuselage. Looks like the tube is a little bit to small, the stabilo's are not sitting very tight. Since I am not planning to remove te stabilo's anymore I am thinking about glueing everything together. Dit you maybe had the same problem ?
Had the same with the first kit , just glued the tube with medium ca into the fuselage and job done. But everything is a nice snug fit on this kit.
May 12, 2019, 03:57 PM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Successful maiden today, uneventful which is always welcome. The DLE 35 pulls the Edge with authority and with unlimited vertical. Two clicks of right aileron to get her level and a couple of clicks down elevator. She flies rock solid and came out still a bit tail heavy. So will move some stuff around and add a bit of nose weight.
May 13, 2019, 01:05 AM
Congratulations with your succesful maiden. Always nice to hear when all goes well. Hope to maiden mine somewhere next week.
May 13, 2019, 04:33 AM
Last weekend I installed the electronics, tried to keep everything as clean as possible .
I also assembled the whole plane for the first time and made the neccesary adjustments to the controls.

Batteries will be installed next, need to locate them at the right spot for the CG.

Maiden is in sight........
May 13, 2019, 10:20 AM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Quote:
Last weekend I installed the electronics, tried to keep everything as clean as possible .
I also assembled the whole plane for the first time and made the neccesary adjustments to the controls.

Batteries will be installed next, need to locate them at the right spot for the CG.

Maiden is in sight........
Great progress. If you balance the plane on the factory COG make sure she is a nose heavy on this position approx 2-3 degrees. If the fuselage is level on this position she will come out tail heavy in flight.
Good luck with your maiden. She Edge flies great, very stable and no bad habits
May 14, 2019, 12:14 AM
I will surely do that, thanks for your advice.
I hope to do the maiden some where next week.
May 18, 2019, 04:27 AM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Bought some wing bags from HK, the biggest size. Great value for money and the wings with winglets on fits in so no need to take them off every time

Quick Reply