Jul 13, 2017, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler
How bad were the shipping charges? I wanted to order some wheel pants and a canopy and the shipping charges were Crazy
The list price for the kit is $199.
I paid $212.
$13 for shipping via EMS.
You can't do much better than that for items shipped from China.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2017, 02:08 PM
Wow that's incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88
The list price for the kit is $199.
I paid $212.
$13 for shipping via EMS.
You can't do much better than that for items shipped from China.
Jul 13, 2017, 06:28 PM
$13 for EMS, they must have got the parcels mixed up. I ordered a 51" Yak 54 from PilotRC in China a few years back and it was over US$100 for postage. I must have really wanted that plane. BTW it was a dud flyer which was a real surprise, I moved it on for a loss.
Jul 23, 2017, 05:44 PM
Interested to hear impressions from guys that have flown this and Extreme Flight planes of the same size. I have a 73" Pilot Extra and it is definitely not as lightly wing loaded as my 48, 60, 74, and 88" Extreme Flight Edges. It's anolder design so hoping the 78" Edge is improved.
Sep 04, 2017, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1165
Hi pilots

any experience /flight reports out there about the Pilot RC Edge 540 V3 Hamilton 78"

http://www.pilot-rc.com/ProductShow.aspx?id=131

would be great to get some input upfront, mine is on it's way. Hopefully delivered end of Jan.

Keep you posted
What is the distance inside of a cowl, from firewall to shaft hole?
Sep 05, 2017, 04:07 PM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_tyson
What is the distance inside of a cowl, from firewall to shaft hole?
Hi

Can't measure right now. But the DLE 30 fits perfect. Distance from the firewall to the prop hub is 160mm for this engine with standard stand offs.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Sep 06, 2017, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1165
Hi

Can't measure right now. But the DLE 30 fits perfect. Distance from the firewall to the prop hub is 160mm for this engine with standard stand offs.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Thx, I have OS GT33 and I'm considering to get Edge to put it on.
Sep 06, 2017, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Thx, I have OS GT33 and I'm considering to get Edge to put it on.
I have the OS GT 33 in my Hamilton Edge and it was a perfect fit, and flies it with great authority. I cant remember what standoffs I may have used but it was a standard size just to ensure the carby clears the firewall.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Phil
Sep 07, 2017, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fiz
I have the OS GT 33 in my Hamilton Edge and it was a perfect fit, and flies it with great authority. I cant remember what standoffs I may have used but it was a standard size just to ensure the carby clears the firewall.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Phil
That was exactly my concern, will it fit inside a cowl without cutting the firewall.

Thx Fiz!!
Sep 07, 2017, 08:00 PM
Quote:
That was exactly my concern, will it fit inside a cowl without cutting the firewall.

Thx Fiz!!
Hi

There is no need to cut the firewall it fits well,

Cheers
Sep 12, 2017, 08:02 AM
I finished up the build on my 26%er and did the maiden. I have a DLE35RA and used a rear mounted rudder servo. I set the CG dead on the CG mark without fuel (the plane is level hanging from pins inside the fuse which should be very accurate). When I fly the plane it is obviously tail heavy. It required quite a few clicks of down trim for level flight then it will climb when inverted. The fuel tank is in the normal position just in front of the main spar. Am I missing something? Everyone seems to be saying this plane is nose heavy at the marked CG point yet I find the opposite.
Sep 12, 2017, 10:55 AM
Did the 22% Hamilton arrive, and is it ready for shipping?
Sep 12, 2017, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemans2
I finished up the build on my 26%er and did the maiden. I have a DLE35RA and used a rear mounted rudder servo. I set the CG dead on the CG mark without fuel (the plane is level hanging from pins inside the fuse which should be very accurate). When I fly the plane it is obviously tail heavy. It required quite a few clicks of down trim for level flight then it will climb when inverted. The fuel tank is in the normal position just in front of the main spar. Am I missing something? Everyone seems to be saying this plane is nose heavy at the marked CG point yet I find the opposite.
Mine was perfect, but you measured it with an empty tank, as you fly it with fuel in it maybe measure it with fuel in it. Also the best test for tail/nose heavy is at half to two thirds throttle set the plane in a 45 degree climb and then roll inverted. It should slowly nose back down to planet earth, if it starts to nose towards the moon then "Houston we have a problem" - its tail heavy
Last edited by Flying Fiz; Sep 12, 2017 at 10:57 PM.
Sep 12, 2017, 07:48 PM
Oh...that's gonna leave a mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fiz
Mine was perfect, but you measured it with an empty tank, as you fly it with fuel in it maybe measure it with fuel in it. Also the best test for tail/nose heavy is at half to two thirds throttle set the plane in a 45 degree climb and then roll inverted. It should slowly nose back down to planet earth, if it starts to nose towards the moon then "Houston we have a problem" - its nose heavy
I think you meant to to say it's tail heavy if the nose goes to the moon.
Kurt
Sep 12, 2017, 10:57 PM
Yes I did, I'll correct that, cheers,

Quick Reply