Jun 17, 2019, 08:33 PM
I had the 30cc PRC Sbach years ago and it took forever to get the CG to a point where it wouldn't balloon on landings. Does this PRC plane have similar issues?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2019, 12:16 AM
Not at all, this plane lands like a dream. Final turn on reduced throttle, final approach on idle and she floats in. Landings are total uneventfull
Jun 18, 2019, 12:16 PM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair001
Not at all, this plane lands like a dream. Final turn on reduced throttle, final approach on idle and she floats in. Landings are total uneventfull
Hi Ronny

Meanwhile do you have any rpm readings for the 19x8 CF Prop?
I am getting 7300 with the Falcon 20x8 and one gallon through so far. Spools up a little slow so I am thinking to down size to 19x8

Cheers
Jun 18, 2019, 11:48 PM
Hi Aviator,
After about 15 flights I have measured 7950 RPM on the ground, at full throttle. Iddle is about 1650 RPM. At first I was thinking on switching my prop to a 20x8 after running in the engine (to reduce the noise) but now I think I'm gonna stay with my 19x8 because the plane flies really nice with this prop. The noise level is more than acceptable, maybe the canister has something to do with it.

Cheers
Last edited by corsair001; Jun 19, 2019 at 05:00 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 05:28 AM
DariusR
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Jun 19, 2019, 06:04 PM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Had a couple of flights today without winglets. Completely different plane. Tracks tons better in knife edge in both directions and consecutive rolls are coming in a straight line and not this barrel rolling as with the winglets on. They look cool but this is everything. Aerodynamically there is absolutely no advantage. I will leave them off as plane tracks way way better and still looks cool. Anyone out here with a similar experience?
Jun 20, 2019, 12:08 AM
I would like to try that to but they look oh so nice on the plane . You are right when you say that knife edge figures are not completely straight but they still are controlable, ore not ? I also was planning to put some differential in the ailerons to compensate the "barrel look".
What I noticed is that the white "tape" around the flexibel exhaustpipe is almost totally vanished, do you have the same problem ? There is extra tape in the box of the exhaust, should I renew the tape or not ?
Jun 21, 2019, 02:32 AM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Quote:
I would like to try that to but they look oh so nice on the plane . You are right when you say that knife edge figures are not completely straight but they still are controlable, ore not ? I also was planning to put some differential in the ailerons to compensate the "barrel look".
What I noticed is that the white "tape" around the flexibel exhaustpipe is almost totally vanished, do you have the same problem ? There is extra tape in the box of the exhaust, should I renew the tape or not ?
I think you are talking about the “ I “ of the Hamilton logo? If you have the exhaust tube near that then the oil residues could cause that especially when you use a rich mixture of 25/1 or 30/1. Having no issues on mine. The exhaust dump is behind the undercarriage and is sticking out approximately 60mm and with the Aspen fuel (50/1) there are only very very slight residues
visible. In your case I would cut a new piece from the white shrink film, clean the area with alcohol before ironing and put a extension on the exhaust tube so that the oil isn’t in direct contact with the film

Cheers
Jun 21, 2019, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the reply but that is not what I mean .

On the picture I surrounded the tape around the exhaust pipe. That's the one that is almost vanished.
Jun 21, 2019, 03:14 PM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks for the reply but that is not what I mean .

On the picture I surrounded the tape around the exhaust pipe. That's the one that is almost vanished.
Ah... I see. Yes was the same on mine. This is just that cheap Teflon stuff and last not long. Took it off.
Flew the Edge with a 19x10 Falcon. Verticals are ballistic now to the outer space and horizontal speed increased too.
Seems the 20x8 is a bit much prop at this stage. May later when broken in it runs better. The 20” prop as just spooling up a bit slow for my taste. Tons better with the 19x10

Cheers
Last edited by Aviator1165; Jun 21, 2019 at 03:51 PM.
Jun 24, 2019, 12:25 AM
Thx. What RPM do you get from your 19x10 ? You will get al lot more throw with 10" instead of 8" pitch. Does this affect the landingspeed much ?

Greetings
Jun 24, 2019, 07:41 AM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Quote:
Thx. What RPM do you get from your 19x10 ? You will get al lot more throw with 10" instead of 8" pitch. Does this affect the landingspeed much ?

Greetings
Getting approx 7500 rpm with the 19x10. The higher pitch doesn’t effect speed in final approach. At least not with my flying style. I use elevator to control speed and throttle to control sink rate as same as used in full size. If you control your speed with throttle in final approach you might feel an increase of speed.
Jun 29, 2019, 11:26 AM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Took her out for some flights again and did some noise readings and the plane is more quiet as I actually thought it would be.
Engine: DLE 35 RA
Prop: 19x10” Falcon Carbon Fibre
Canister: KS
RPM: 7500
db(a): 78 / 7
Last edited by Aviator1165; Jul 15, 2019 at 03:09 PM.
Jun 29, 2019, 12:35 PM
Fly low and fast
Thread OP
Last edited by Aviator1165; Jun 29, 2019 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Double Post
Jul 15, 2019, 11:58 AM
I wonder why Pilot is discontinuing this beautiful plane.

Quick Reply