Pilot RC Edge 540 V3 Hamilton 78" - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 18, 2017, 05:22 PM
Fly low and fast
Discussion

Pilot RC Edge 540 V3 Hamilton 78"

Hi pilots

any experience /flight reports out there about the Pilot RC Edge 540 V3 Hamilton 78"

http://www.pilot-rc.com/ProductShow.aspx?id=131

would be great to get some input upfront, mine is on it's way. Hopefully delivered end of Jan.

Keep you posted
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2017, 09:23 PM
Yes please do
Feb 18, 2017, 01:13 PM
Fly low and fast
Kit has been delivered😀
Toni and his team did an excellent job on the workmanship. The whole construction is well made with a brilliant finish without wrinkles. Love it.
Mar 13, 2017, 07:31 PM
big ignore list
What are you going to power this with?
Mar 15, 2017, 01:17 AM
Fly low and fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
What are you going to power this with?
I had a DLE 30 sitting around and waiting for a new home, if I had to buy a new engine I would rather go with the DLE 35 or EME 35 for a bit more extra power. There are many options out there. Also electric should be not a problem.
Mar 15, 2017, 09:59 AM
big ignore list
Great looking plane.
I have no idea how they handle in the air, but looks sharp!
Mar 17, 2017, 08:34 PM
Fly low and fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
Great looking plane.
I have no idea how they handle in the air, but looks sharp!
All Pilot RC airframes are well designed without any bad habbits. If you are able to fly a trainer with ailerons then you can fly this bird too. No doubths

cheeers
Mar 23, 2017, 06:30 PM
Just had one delivered, it was the best packed ARF I have ever received and I've had about 50 over the years.

The finish and the hardware is exceptional, brass axle housing on wheels, a beautiful silver fuel dot, all stainless steel bolts, covering perfect, fuel tank all plumbed and ready to go, ailerons hinged and glued, etc etc etc.

I'm going with an evolution 33 GT, and Savox servos all round
Mar 25, 2017, 06:18 AM
Fly low and fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fiz
Just had one delivered, it was the best packed ARF I have ever received and I've had about 50 over the years.

The finish and the hardware is exceptional, brass axle housing on wheels, a beautiful silver fuel dot, all stainless steel bolts, covering perfect, fuel tank all plumbed and ready to go, ailerons hinged and glued, etc etc etc.

I'm going with an evolution 33 GT, and Savox servos all round
I agree, Pilot RC Kits are not the cheapest ones but worth all the money and in adition you get free wood spares from Pilot in case of a crash. My build is pretty much straight forward without any issues so far. Will be ready for the maiden soon.
Mar 26, 2017, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1165
All Pilot RC airframes are well designed without any bad habbits. If you are able to fly a trainer with ailerons then you can fly this bird too. No doubths

cheeers
Yes this is true but they can get you in trouble just as easy.
Always fly these planes with care until you have experience.
You need to be able to fly inverted, fly a vertical. Also big plane don't land line the smaller ones. That big prop acts as an air brake. You don't just chop the throttle and glide her in. You need to leave some throttle on.
Apr 02, 2017, 03:12 PM
Fly low and fast
The build was pretty much straight forward without any issues. Last steps are the surface linkages and basic set up. Only thing I really dontīt like is the clear canopy so I took some Tamiya spray paint TS71 and tinted it from inside. canīt wait to get this bird airborne.
Apr 02, 2017, 09:58 PM
Looks Great.

My build is close to done, I have all servos in and attached, rear wheel and main LG all done.

Just need to drop in the engine and plumb it, install an optical kill switch etc. Should be ready for maiden this coming weekend.

It has gone together perfectly. I love the wing tips!!

Cheers,

Phil
Apr 04, 2017, 07:57 PM
A note of warning to those who may build one of these great looking planes.

I was tightening up my rudder wire lines and I put some masking tape where the rudder meets the vertical stab to keep the rudder centered (standard build practice). But when I removed the low tack masking tape the watch decal on the rudder came off with the tape. There was no way of getting the wafer thin decal back off the masking tape. So now I have a blank spot on my watch...Bummer...

You have been warned!!

Phil
Apr 05, 2017, 04:26 AM
Fly low and fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fiz
A note of warning to those who may build one of these great looking planes.

I was tightening up my rudder wire lines and I put some masking tape where the rudder meets the vertical stab to keep the rudder centered (standard build practice). But when I removed the low tack masking tape the watch decal on the rudder came off with the tape. There was no way of getting the wafer thin decal back off the masking tape. So now I have a blank spot on my watch...Bummer...

You have been warned!!

Phil
Hi Phil
Sorry to hear. But thanks much for your note

I would get in touch with Tony from Pilot RC and report the issue. Maybe he could pass you over a spare decal of the watch so you could cut out the missing part and cover it on the rudder?

I am in regular contact with him and he normaly answers straight away (whatsapp message). Please find his contact details below

Email: pilot-rc@139.com
Cellphone:+86 13702453450

Hope this helps.

Jorg
Apr 05, 2017, 08:20 PM
Hi,

Yes I agree Tony's customer service is absolutely first class. I reported it to him and he is sending me a decal for free, I'm just paying the postage cost, which I offered to do.

There is also a thread on Flying Giants for a larger version of this plane and someone reported the same thing happening to him, but it was on the bottom of the rudder and not too bad.

Last night I was fine tuning my servos and to avoid this again I placed a credit card on each side of the vertical stab and rudder and held them in place with a small plastic craft clamp - it worked a treat, probably better than taping them.

Cheers,

Phil