Thread Tools
Mar 16, 2017, 04:49 PM
youtubeDOTcom/socalep1
Danq0's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBS View Post
The Fuuton 200 ordered from Gearbest showed up today

The box is so light that I couldn't believe there is a 200 size quad in it! The box arrived with a hole, but nothing seems to be damaged.

On the first page of this thread, I saw a bottom plate for battery, but it is not in the box. My guess is that Danq0 added the battery plate himself??

Also, there is a little bit of build quality issue. As you can see from the pics, the camera does not sit horizontally because the top left corner of the top plate is not screwed properly. Should be an easy fix.
Yup I added the plate myself, this is the lightest 200mm quad I've ever flown. Check out my 2nd post to see some comparisons to other frames in this size class.

I don't think it's a build quality issue, more so an issue with assembly...If you tighten up that screw it will sit flush.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2017, 05:01 PM
HBS
HBS
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danq0 View Post
Yup I added the plate myself, this is the lightest 200mm quad I've ever flown. Check out my 2nd post to see some comparisons to other frames in this size class.

I don't think it's a build quality issue, more so an issue with assembly...If you tighten up that screw it will sit flush.
Agree, it is an assembly issue. Should have chosen the right word. Fixed it already.
Mar 16, 2017, 06:40 PM
HBS
HBS
Registered User
I am thinking about adding a low battery voltage warning on my Taranis for Fuuton 200. I've watched a few videos on youtube, but couldn't figure this out. I turned on Telemetry in Betaflight, plug in the battery, and then go into Telemetry in Taranis. But, didn't see the battery voltage. I thought the XSR receiver installed in Fuuton 200 has the telemetry. Is it possible to get battery voltage information from XSR and set up a low voltage alarm (like 14 volts for 4S) in Taranis?

I am still quite new in this hobby, so let me know if my question doesn't make sense or if you know any videos that you'd recommend me to watch. Thanks!!
Mar 16, 2017, 11:37 PM
HBS
HBS
Registered User
Have been playing around with OSD and telemetry on Fuuton200. OSD is on UART2 and receiver is on UART3. OSD works just fine.

When I switched UART2 to SmartPort telemetry, I still did not get telemetry (e.g., battery voltage) on my Taranis. I noticed that there are only three wires coming out of XSR (red, black, and yellow colors), does this mean that XSR on Fuuton 200 is not connected to FC for telemetry? If it was connected to FC, there should be a fourth wire coming out of XSR, right?
Mar 16, 2017, 11:39 PM
youtubeDOTcom/socalep1
Danq0's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBS View Post
I am thinking about adding a low battery voltage warning on my Taranis for Fuuton 200. I've watched a few videos on youtube, but couldn't figure this out. I turned on Telemetry in Betaflight, plug in the battery, and then go into Telemetry in Taranis. But, didn't see the battery voltage. I thought the XSR receiver installed in Fuuton 200 has the telemetry. Is it possible to get battery voltage information from XSR and set up a low voltage alarm (like 14 volts for 4S) in Taranis?

I am still quite new in this hobby, so let me know if my question doesn't make sense or if you know any videos that you'd recommend me to watch. Thanks!!
I have no experience with the taranis, but I actually have a one coming to me in the mail , if you haven't figured it out by then, Ill look into it and see if I can help you out.
Mar 16, 2017, 11:51 PM
HBS
HBS
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danq0 View Post
I have no experience with the taranis, but I actually have a one coming to me in the mail , if you haven't figured it out by then, Ill look into it and see if I can help you out.
Yes, please! The reason I got the Taranis X9D Plus is that it has many functions, and I want to get it to work, mostly for my curiosity This is a learning experience, and I want to learn as much as possible. I will share here as well if I figure the telemetry out. Thanks in advance!!
Mar 17, 2017, 01:21 AM
youtubeDOTcom/socalep1
Danq0's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBS View Post
Yes, please! The reason I got the Taranis X9D Plus is that it has many functions, and I want to get it to work, mostly for my curiosity This is a learning experience, and I want to learn as much as possible. I will share here as well if I figure the telemetry out. Thanks in advance!!
same here, that and it gets good range and warns you on telemetry. I've been scared to fly far away because my current radio is sporatic when it comes to rssi, the alarm will go off randomly.
K sounds good!
Mar 17, 2017, 01:22 AM
youtubeDOTcom/socalep1
Danq0's Avatar
Found out the Fuuton is pretty durable today, was flying it LOS in horizon mode and accidently hit the switch and changed to acro. Before I realized it, I throttle up and flew into the ground.

Furibee Fuuton 200mm mini quad -Crash (1 min 28 sec)
Mar 17, 2017, 01:26 AM
VicRC
Not familiar with the Taranis either.

I had a Jeti Duplex receiver on the Kakute and it required a telemetry wire from a UART port to receive voltage info. I just switched all my quads to Flysky and the IA6 receiver had a separate voltage sensor for telemetry but its soldered to the VCC port of the FC.
Mar 17, 2017, 02:00 PM
HBS
HBS
Registered User
I played around with my Shuriken X1 that has a XSR bound to the Taranis. I think X1 also have a Kakute AIO v1.0. In other words, Fuuton 200 and X1 have the same FC and receiver, both are bound to my Taranis.

I was able to get telemetry to work on X1 and set up battery voltage on Taranis screen and low battery warning. Based on what I've learned, one possible explanation for not getting telemetry (battery voltage) on Fuuton 200 is because the XSR smart port wire is not connected to FC. I saw only three wire, and the smart port for telemetry should be the fourth wire.

I am new to this, so my understanding may be wrong. What I said above is just what I've learn from X1 and Fuuton 200.

BTW, X1 and Fuuton 200 are similar to each other in several ways (FC, Rx, 200 size, 4mm bottom plate, Sony CCD camera?). X1 has more powerful motors, but Fuuton feels lighter.
Mar 17, 2017, 11:00 PM
Unstoppable quaddiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBS View Post
I played around with my Shuriken X1 that has a XSR bound to the Taranis. I think X1 also have a Kakute AIO v1.0. In other words, Fuuton 200 and X1 have the same FC and receiver, both are bound to my Taranis.

I was able to get telemetry to work on X1 and set up battery voltage on Taranis screen and low battery warning. Based on what I've learned, one possible explanation for not getting telemetry (battery voltage) on Fuuton 200 is because the XSR smart port wire is not connected to FC. I saw only three wire, and the smart port for telemetry should be the fourth wire.

I am new to this, so my understanding may be wrong. What I said above is just what I've learn from X1 and Fuuton 200.

BTW, X1 and Fuuton 200 are similar to each other in several ways (FC, Rx, 200 size, 4mm bottom plate, Sony CCD camera?). X1 has more powerful motors, but Fuuton feels lighter.
I have an X1 on the way as well, its like the Fuutons big brother, I really like the Kakute all in one board its pretty slick.
Mar 17, 2017, 11:02 PM
Unstoppable quaddiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danq0 View Post
thanks... i love his vids, he makes really good reviews



I love this board too, I have another on another 5" which has been my daily flyer, but I think its time to move on to this as my daily, it really is an awesome performer. I havent updated the osd on either boards, are there any features worth the update? where did you connect the caps?



I think they are just saying that its possible, how would you even know which cap to remove?
You would have to find out who actually makes it and see if someone has a picture on the BLHELI github wiki, I did it for my Racerstart MS35A ESC's and am running DSHOT600 on my wizard.
Mar 19, 2017, 08:39 AM
Registered User
campfir3's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorkyFPV View Post
You would have to find out who actually makes it and see if someone has a picture on the BLHELI github wiki, I did it for my Racerstart MS35A ESC's and am running DSHOT600 on my wizard.
I'm currently running MULTISHOT on my Wizard. What benefits do you get running DSHOT on it?
Mar 19, 2017, 12:11 PM
Registered User
Oh yea... mines on it's way!
Mar 19, 2017, 04:43 PM
Unstoppable quaddiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfir3 View Post
I'm currently running MULTISHOT on my Wizard. What benefits do you get running DSHOT on it?
Pretty much it makes you look cooler, I can't tell the difference but im a newb.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product HGLRC V3 AIO F3 FC/PDB/OSD/Current Sensor/8MB Flash Eden_orient Multirotor Drone Electronics 45 Mar 26, 2017 12:10 AM
New Product 92MM Micro FPV Racing RC Quadcopter Frame Kit - AIO F3 EVO Micro Frame sevet Micro Multirotor Drones 4 Feb 01, 2017 05:05 PM
New Product $23 F3 FC /w OSD - OMNIBUS F3 AIO V1.1 Flight Controller with Integrated OSD for BF Nickz88 Multirotor Drone Electronics 13 Dec 09, 2016 03:56 PM
Mini-Review HGLRC AIO F3 Racing V2.2 (PDB+ OSD +FC) galkre Multirotor Drone Electronics 0 Oct 31, 2016 04:40 AM
New Product Monster! FPV Racing Drone XJaguar with 4 in 1 ESC, F3, Transmitter, OSD, 2205KV2300 Jerry chan FPV Aircraft 6 Oct 20, 2016 02:28 AM