Traxxas Bigfoot RTR - Classic Edition

The Bigfoot lineup is growing! The Stampede-based 1/10th scale monster truck from Traxxas gets a classic Bigfoot Lexan lid to go with the more modern version previously released in September. Let's take a quick look!

Splash

The Second Bigfoot From Traxxas

Back in September, we brought you news of the licensed Bigfoot 1/10th scale 2wd monster truck from Traxxas; It sported the modernized version of the Bigfoot body. Now, Traxxas has just released the uber-cool classic Bigfoot to add to the lineup! This 1/10th scale Stampede comes with a throwback lexan lid that's pre-painted and ready for bashing.

A Titan 12T brushed motor, ESC, 2.4GHz transmitter, and 7-cell NiMH pack is included to get you out and running in a hurry. The Traxxas Bigfoot retails for $229.95 and is available from Tower Hobbies and other retailers.

Bigfoot No. 1: The Original Monster Truck | Traxxas (1 min 55 sec)

Features:

• Composite nylon modified tub chassis, just like the one found in the Stampede, Craniac and Skully.
  • Rear-wheel drive with telescoping driveshafts for greater suspension articulation.
  • Titan¨ 12T 550 motor.
  • Waterproof XL-5 ESC with three driver profiles (Training, Sport and Racing modes), plus low-voltage detection for compatibility with 2S LiPo batteries.
  • TQª radio with high-torque waterproof steering servo, 3-channel TQ receiver and watertight receiver box.
  • Painted and trimmed Ford¨ F-100 XLT Ranger pickup body molded from extra-thick Lexan¨ with chrome finished bumpers, grille and roll bar with replica KC light bar (non-functional); high-rise dual carb manifold detail secured to the top of the hood.
  • 4A DC peak-detecting fast charger
  • Ultra oil shocks with X-ring technology for a perfect seal. Powder-coated white springs with a new spring rate provide more responsive handling.
  • Magnum 272™ ball bearing-equipped transmission with metal internal gears.
  • Revo™ spec Torque Control slipper clutch uses semi-metallic friction material and finned aluminum alloy pressure plates to dissipate heat and provide consistent traction.
  • Planetary gear differentials.
  • 14T pinion gear installed; optional 19T pinion gear included for use with a 7-cell NiMH battery.
  • Authentic “shaved” Terra Groove 2.2 monster truck tires provide high grip on various surfaces.
  • Plastic wheels with chrome finish.
  • 7-cell Power Cell iD™ NiMH battery with Traxxas High-Current Connector.

Jan 16, 2017, 10:14 PM
Closed Account
I just do not understand why an icon product they go and use Brushed motors and NiMH batteries ?

why not brushless and lipo among other improvements ?

it is already almost $250 and brushless has gotten cheap and so has Lipo batts....no reason not to use them in any product in today's world .
Jan 17, 2017, 10:39 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Glad to see some standard 2.2" wheels being used on TRX cars, it's about freaking time!
Last edited by bill_delong; Jan 17, 2017 at 03:59 PM.
Jan 17, 2017, 03:47 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGhost
I just do not understand why an icon product they go and use Brushed motors and NiMH batteries ?

why not brushless and lipo among other improvements ?

it is already almost $250 and brushless has gotten cheap and so has Lipo batts....no reason not to use them in any product in today's world .
I can see why it comes with a brushed motor. The Stampede is a lot of fun to tool around with even with a brushed motor. It's so wheely-happy that it just gets almost impossible to drive with a brushless setup. Especially with 2.2" wheels. It'd just be insane.

But I do agree that they should include a 2S lipo instead of the NiMH. Unless they're trying to avoid the possible liability that comes with LiPos.
Jan 17, 2017, 03:59 PM
Did I make the A Main?
I just learned they are not true 2.2" wheels they are supposedly 2.2/3.0 wheels instead

The posted specs in the ad are misleading, not cool Traxxas!
Jan 17, 2017, 04:39 PM
Have you seen my LVC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
I can see why it comes with a brushed motor. The Stampede is a lot of fun to tool around with even with a brushed motor. It's so wheely-happy that it just gets almost impossible to drive with a brushless setup. Especially with 2.2" wheels. It'd just be insane.

But I do agree that they should include a 2S lipo instead of the NiMH. Unless they're trying to avoid the possible liability that comes with LiPos.
There are lots of extra shipping regulation that come with lipos.... I am guessing that is why nimh. Plus, a 7c nimh is pretty close to equal to a 2s lipo. for the first half of the battery, anyways.
Jan 17, 2017, 06:21 PM
PSALM 14:1
Wonder if they'll sell just the pre-painted body?
Jan 20, 2017, 06:40 PM
Suspended Account
Might as well don't include the electronics, its old technology, if anything for a rock crawler after all.
Companies should make electronics optional at checkout, or "upgrade" to lipo for 20 dollars more.
Jan 20, 2017, 06:47 PM
I'm just happy to see such a cool traditional looking MT, especially from Traxxas, their licensed stuff usually looks weird due to having to make the shell fit unsuitable chassis but this one looks perfect, I think the pede is easier to make realistic shells for.

Dated tech perhaps but maybe that was the aim, either way 12T brushed motors aren't exactly slow even on NIMH, especially with 7 cells. No doubt it would have cost significantly more if it had been fitted with brushless/lipo
Mar 29, 2017, 03:18 PM
I just received my Bigfoot # 1 and I could not be happier!!! I paid $248 w/ free shipping and received an extra battery!! The DC charger is a waste of time and right after I ordered the truck, I noticed it came with a DC charger only, so I got on the horn and ordered an AC charger for my ID batteries!!! YAYYYY!!!! I will use the DC charger when I am in the field for sure!!!! As for Lipo power> I am not a big fan of the Lipo anyway, especially when you hear of the continued accidents regarding their over heating capabilities during charging and discharging, etc. I would rather play it safe, then to risk it all just because I wanted some 'super power' and if I must put a batter in a special anti arson bag to charge it, I don't need it.There is many more ways to achieve this super power than to put your RC product on so-called dangerous steroids!! Not sure why the Lipo even succeeded after all these years. And yes, I have used the battery before in my aircraft as I received them in my RTF 3-D kits( balance, balance, balance!!). I do like brushless motors, but as stated earlier, it is hard enough to keep this beast under control as it is!! A 550 motor is more than enough for this beast!! I won't be the griper here and I won't whine and complain about anything that is obviously under my control. Oh, I did? Wheels can be interchanged. There is a place for Brushed and there is a place for brushless. I give TRAXXAS a huge KUDOS!!!!!! I LOVE MY NEW TRUCK! Now it's time for some personalization mods!!!! I might even buy a couple more to have different set-ups including a super fast brushless w/ a huge Lipo!!!!! 100 mph could be considered insane!!! But then again, the new Bigfoot is insanely awesome!!! On a clod Buster, just reverse the body mounts and walah, you can mount a #1 Bigfoot body on top!! Thanks TRAXXAS for being on board with the Bigfoot crew and securing that mammoth deal!!!!
Mar 29, 2017, 03:33 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Looks bad a$$!
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Mar 29, 2017, 10:10 PM
The Mad Titan
I picked up one of these about a month ago, it's totally great for just goofing around and it looks fantastic.

Quick Reply