Victor Model Co. - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 24, 2017, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider/Writer
Hi rsgault, thanks for responding. The missing parts are the two "keel shims" and two "spreader tubes". While I am sure I can fabricate the spreaders I am clueless about the size, shape, and thickness of the "shims". Other V-32 owners have told me that there is no mention of these shims in their instruction books, however there is specific reference in mine.
Not sure why your boat needs keel shims. I had two V32 boats and neither one had any shims for the keel. Does your keel not fit properly? Is it a Victor built boat or a kit boat? I did some careful fitting of the keel to hull joint on one of my boats because it had quite a large gap when I got it. Both of my boats were Victor built boats. As far as the spreaders are concerned it is just brass tube. I can measure mine and let you know if you would like.

Rich
Last edited by rsgault; Mar 24, 2017 at 10:15 PM. Reason: correction
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2017, 11:36 PM
Boomer1
Rich
His boat is kit which is still in the box according to his previous post.
Boomer
Apr 17, 2017, 11:18 AM
Boomer1

update on Victor Models - Out touch for a few weeks

Great news! I just got off the phone with Ruby! She is fine. She has been down for several weeks due to some kind of injury, perhaps broken or bruised ribs. Ouch!
She is back in the office processing orders. She told me the police had come by to check on her and she was very moved to think her customers would go to that trouble to check on her.
She said she is trying to train others there to be able to process ordered and is hopeful she will not have to be the only one there that knows how.
So for know all is well that ends well!
Boomer
Apr 21, 2017, 12:21 PM
Full time RV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1
Great news! I just got off the phone with Ruby! She is fine. She has been down for several weeks due to some kind of injury, perhaps broken or bruised ribs. Ouch!
She is back in the office processing orders. She told me the police had come by to check on her and she was very moved to think her customers would go to that trouble to check on her.
She said she is trying to train others there to be able to process ordered and is hopeful she will not have to be the only one there that knows how.
So for know all is well that ends well!
Boomer
First get better Ruby. Im not worried about my order.

Thanks Boomer
Jul 13, 2017, 02:25 PM

Replacement parts

Does anybody know what time frame on orders placed.
Dec 18, 2017, 06:35 AM
Greetings, was wondering if there was any additional information? I ordered from Ruby via the web site about 2-3 weeks ago and have not heard or seen any activity (credit card being charged). Then on Saturday the Victor Model web site went down (getting a run-time error when try to go there).

Last time I was able to access the Victor Forum Ruby had posted about 3 weeks ago that things were moving (albeit slowly), hope everything is still ok and well for her and the family.

Cheers.

Edit: My CC was charged last week (shows I should always double check things before posting), though I have not receive an email indicating the kit and parts had shipped yet.
Dec 18, 2017, 06:00 PM
If your card was charged, expect to see it in 1-2 weeks. She doesn't charge cards until order is being packed to ship it out. Emails won't happen lol. But you will get your order. It is a bit, disconcerting though to not hear back... Have faith and also post back up here when it arrives!
Dec 18, 2017, 06:02 PM
Oh and time frame for my last order in September was three weeks if memory serves. It wasn't super fast, but wasn't too bad.
Dec 18, 2017, 06:54 PM
Resistance is futile
I ordered 2 soling symbol stickers 3 months ago and have not gotten word one regarding the order.

How hard is it to grab 2 stickers and mail an envelope?

I understand all the problems but 3 months??? really? Good thing it was only a couple of bucks.
Latest blog entry: Ever drive through your house?
Dec 19, 2017, 06:13 AM
Guess it wouldn't be so disconcerting except for the fact that her post to the forum was that people would receive e-mails with the tracking information...and now the website is down.

I ordered a back-up kit from a LHS so might eventually have two, one can never have too many boats, right? Now how to convince the DW of that...
Dec 19, 2017, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Rocking Chair
Now how to convince the DW of that...
She doesn't have to know. You are building boat for a friend....right....
Dec 19, 2017, 12:22 PM
Boomer1
FYI
I just got off the phone with Ruby. They are extremely busy processing orders. They got a new phone system which is now up and running. Sounds like her son is back helping her. Based on this contact you guys should be receiving your items soon.
I was encouraged after our conversation and for now Victor Models is alive and moving forward.
Merry Christmas to you all.
Boomer
Dec 19, 2017, 12:36 PM
Thanks for checking into it Boomer. Their web site is also back up so hopefully all good signs.
Dec 19, 2017, 01:02 PM
Boomer, its just a shame that folks have to worry about getting orders filled every time ruby gets sick, or she can't find help ect...

And I'm not trying to be mean or hurtful, but to say victor is alive and moving forward...maybe on life support and crawling, and has been this way for the last several years.

I know we all appreciate your updates, but how hard it is VMP to stand up on their own two feet...to be alive and moving forward, that means answering emails, answering the phones, letting customers know that their orders have been shipped.

It pains me to talk like this as I met George and Ruby out west many many years ago and both are the nicest folks in the world. It really sounds like Ruby's kids don't want the business and no one is interested in buying a toy company.
Dec 19, 2017, 02:03 PM
Boomer1
Marc,
Your thoughts are the same as many have shared before you. Fact is this this is the reality we all face regarding dealing with Victor Models. No point other than venting to post them. She is doing the best she can with her circumstances. I sure wish it was different. She told me today how much she misses George.
All of us that had the good fortune to meet him miss him as well They were a great team. I told her she has a lot of freinds that wish her well.

Quick Reply