Victor Model Co. - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 12, 2017, 12:36 PM
Boomer1
There's a guy that makes really amazing custom sails for a number of different boats. This is one example of his work on a V32. Plain white are $45.00 and the custom sails are $120.00 according to his website
http://www.beanbag.com/wjsails.htm
Windjammin Sails 937 862 7781
Scott is the sail maker. Does a lot of Soling 1M
Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Mar 12, 2017 at 12:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2017, 10:55 PM
Addicted to lazy-flying models
Dang, those sails are beautiful!
Mar 13, 2017, 11:08 PM
Boomer1
I left a message for Ruby. Will let y'all know when she responds.
Boomer
Mar 19, 2017, 03:14 PM
After months and months of phone calls unanswered, emails ignored, orders unfilled or even acknowledged, I have given up hope. Victor is either out of business or on the verge. It is sad to see a once great source of sailboats go down the drain by ignoring their customers. They have tarnished their once very good reputation. I hope they sell what remains of the business to someone more professional and soon.
Mar 19, 2017, 09:54 PM
Rider/Writer

If all you want is a Victor Soling 1m kit ...

Here is your chance ... ready to ship
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Victor-Soling-...%257Ciid%253A9
Mar 19, 2017, 10:07 PM
Want one that is built ... ??

Victor Soling 1m just posted on RCGroups classified section

Located in FL ... just convince seller to ship

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...r-sailboat-NEW
Mar 19, 2017, 10:53 PM
Boomer1
The guys on the Soling Yahoo forum are saying they are placing orders and have been receiving them. They are not able to reach Victor by phone and are not getting confirmations. I have tried 3 times with only a message machine. No response to my calls. I don't get it either.
It would be nice to see them survive.
Last edited by Boomer1; Mar 21, 2017 at 11:39 AM.
Mar 20, 2017, 11:40 PM
Addicted to lazy-flying models
Hubby got his ancient V-32 in the water yesterday for the first time in years. It's a high three-digit hull number. The keel had been broken off, but we repaired it and fiberglassed it. The sails are faded and ratty, but the old boat took to the water like she was designed for it. She will never be a race champion or a beauty-contest winner, but she is a fun toy. The wind was gusty, but we spent nearly two hours happily splashing around. I have a brand new V-32 kit from eBay due to arrive soon.

It's such a shame that Ruby can't communicate better. We'd all be on her side if she would just keep us all informed. Hope they can get their problems sorted out soon, as VMP is important to our hobby.

Hugs,
Diane
Mar 21, 2017, 01:40 PM
Boomer1
Called Victor Models again today. They have an answering machine, so I left another message asking for someone there to let me/us know their status. I also sent a e-mail.
I can offer no explanation for the lack of response to the many calls being placed to their office. Like the rest of you I am hoping Ruby is fine and that company is operational.
If I get any response I'll post it here on the forum.
Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Mar 21, 2017 at 01:48 PM.
Mar 21, 2017, 10:25 PM
Brand New In Box (BMIB) Victor Sooljng 1m for $150 ... see forum classifieds last page ... sounds like what you are looking for ??

been posted for some time now - might be sold by now ??

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...dels-Soling-1m
Mar 22, 2017, 05:46 PM
Please understand, I am NOT looking for a Soling. Kit or otherwise. I have a Victor 32 that needs parts and had considered ordering another one. I don't like to buy kits from ebay. I prefer to deal with the manufacturer directly. While the Soling may be quite popular, Victor lists many other boats on their home page.
Mar 22, 2017, 10:36 PM
Hi Rider/Writer

Now I better understand what your interest n needs are ... fully understand you desire to buy direct from manufacturers.

I am not a racing type ...
just build n sail for fun
Have helped build at least six (6) Soling 1m yachts over the yrs ... my personal Soling was built back in 1989 - when things were first getting started ... wasn't till 1995 while on work travel to CA did I get to visit Victor Models (since moved to Louisiana recently - family health issue and passing of original owner George Dornis ... Ruby n family moved after George passing).

Hope you get your spare replacement parts - in meantime - hope you get to enjoy your current V32.

Note: I personally own two Victor yachts ... Soling 1m and Avalon 44
Mar 23, 2017, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider/Writer
Please understand, I am NOT looking for a Soling. Kit or otherwise. I have a Victor 32 that needs parts
What parts are you looking for?
Mar 24, 2017, 05:12 PM
Hi slo.ca6, Thanks for responding. My Victor 32 is still in the box. I have not begun to build due to missing parts. I have had no success in my email requests for those parts and will have to fabricate them as best as I can. This V-32 is a replacement of my first sailboat, an old V-32 that "sleeps with the fishes" on the bottom of Hansen Dam Lake. My fleet consists of two ODOM's, two Micro Magics and this un built V-32. I am running out of room!
Mar 24, 2017, 05:23 PM
Hi rsgault, thanks for responding. The missing parts are the two "keel shims" and two "spreader tubes". While I am sure I can fabricate the spreaders I am clueless about the size, shape, and thickness of the "shims". Other V-32 owners have told me that there is no mention of these shims in their instruction books, however there is specific reference in mine.