Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 17, 2017, 10:04 PM
GOT WINGS
After installing the straps the weight of the quad dropped by about 5 grams. then I thought why not take the battery case off of the stock battery. That made the weight of the stock battery drop from 113.5 to 91.8 grams. A loss of almost 22 grams. So I timed a flight with the Gemfan props and the lighter stock battery and only got about 16.25 minutes. Not as long a flight as the original props and the stock battery and battery cage - 17.5 minutes.
So the Gemfan props must cut flight time, I put the original props back on. GF props = 5.5 grams, Bugs 3 props = 4.5 grams and are about 5mm longer.
With straps instead of battery bay, stock props, and stock battery the quad flew for 18.25 minutes, 2 minutes longer than with the Gemfan props. So the stock props are really well matched to the quad. And as an added bonus, the LV beeping only started 1 minute before the forced landing due to low battery.
I then tried it with a Charsoon 2200mah 60C battery and also got 18.25 minutes. But that battery weighs 132.9 grams with the XT60 to XT30 adapter. And the LV beeping started about 2 minutes before forced landing.
I liked having the green GF props on the front to aide in LOS orientation, but the stock props are just better props for this quad.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2017, 12:51 AM
I love RC!
I like mine so far:

GoPro Ready - MJX Bugs 3 Brushless Drone Quadcopter Unboxing, Maiden Flight, and Review (11 min 43 sec)