MJX Bugs 3 Brushless Independent ESC 3D Roll for Gopro 3 Gopro 4 RC Quadcopter RTF - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 18, 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Roost, I am thinking about getting one of these batteries from Banggood: http://www.banggood.com/Charsoon-7_4...mds=mywishlist . Of course you have to have an adapter to go from XT30 to XT60, I made my own. I will test the nanotech 2200 again and report here.

There is at least one other Bugs thread, and it is more active then this one, but I don't always post my information on that thread.
I got that one ordered, together with this one: http://www.banggood.com/Charsoon-7_4...?rmmds=myorder
BUT I am still waiting for my Bug from gearbest - over a month now...
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2017, 08:07 PM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooleman
I bought a few XT30 connectors on amazon for $5. I purchased a few batteries and just cut off the old connectors and put the XT30 connectors on. No need for an adapter.
I have been thinking about ordering some XT30 connectors, but I wanted to use batteries I have with JST connectors and 3S batteries with XT60 connectors without altering the batteries because I use them on other quads, so I just made some adapters. The 3S battery I used worked OK but I really don't fly this quad for speed but for it's good control and stability, and I was a little afraid the 3S battery would not be good for it in the long run. I take it with me a lot in case I get a chance to fly when I am out and about. Just a nice relaxing flyer to me, but big enough and powerful enough to handle most anything but acro. It would probably do well with a camera, but I have enough quads with cameras on them already, so don't know that I will even install a camera on it.

My only complaint is that the lvc beeper starts way to soon, I can usually fly for 5+ minutes after it starts beeping. Didn't do that with 3S battery, so sagging batteries is what I suspect. Nanotech battery is worse than stock battery as far as lvc starting 2 to 3 minutes earlier than stock battery. Flight time got better with nanotech, went from about 15 to 15:45 to 16:45 minutes in three flights, but lvc went from about 9 to 8 to 7 minutes. May never buy another nanotech battery.
Mar 18, 2017, 08:12 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Any advice regarding ESC replacement? How do you calibrate a new ESC after you've replaced it, or at least indicate motor direction?
Mar 18, 2017, 08:30 PM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALEcz
I got that one ordered, together with this one: http://www.banggood.com/Charsoon-7_4...?rmmds=myorder
BUT I am still waiting for my Bug from gearbest - over a month now...
I have that 2600mah battery on my wish list too, but may go with the 2200mah because it is shorter and weighs less. The nanotech is 105mm long compared to stock batteries 115mm, but the wire on the nanotech is long and sticks out much more in the back. Seems to have thrown off the center of balance enough to cause a little backwards drift.

I have been reading a lot about problems with Gearbest lately, I had not ordered from them in over 6 months, but ordered an F36 a week or so ago. I paid a little extra for shipping, and it was looking good, made it to the states and Huntsville, Alabama in two or three days, but tracking shows it left Huntsville on the 14th, and no update since then. I would have paid a little more, but Banggood doesn't carry that quad, still less than $15 though, not more expensive like the Bugs. Hope yours shows up soon, I think you will like it.
Mar 18, 2017, 08:31 PM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
Any advice regarding ESC replacement? How do you calibrate a new ESC after you've replaced it, or at least indicate motor direction?
Sorry John, I got nothing on ESC replacement or calibration.
Mar 18, 2017, 11:03 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
It seems this information is hard to come by. Looked through the manual and it is not written anywhere I see but I may be missing something. Someone I know needs to replace an ESC because he crashed, and now the motor won't spool up and the ESC just gets very hot. So it's toast.

They sell a new ESC, but I just wonder how will it know what to do with the motor? :/ Will contact mjx rc.
Mar 19, 2017, 06:09 PM
GOT WINGS
I think I looked last night or this morning and Banggood has the Bugs back in stock, but still only props for spares. Usually they get spare parts sooner, but I have some things on my wishlist that have been there since first of February and still aren't restocked.
I did find a few spares at Amazon if anyone is interested:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XG14RT3...iglink20264-20
Mar 22, 2017, 04:43 PM
Most anything RC
Have you seen this, awesome, no jello.

SMOOTH drone footage for 100$!! (no Gimbal) MJX Bugs 3 (4 min 36 sec)
Mar 22, 2017, 05:01 PM
GOT WINGS
I did temporarily mount a camera on my Bugs, didn't even try much to dampen vibration, just took an all in one eachine camera, removed the Bugs headlight, plugged the camera into the camera plug, and flew it with goggles recording. It was more a test for the camera, but don't remember any jello. The Bugs seems a really stble flyer to me, should make a great camera quad. I just already have more camera quads than I can use, and I like flying the Bugs as a sporty LOS flyer.
Mar 25, 2017, 10:23 AM
flier, i know Turnigy makes a battery that's supposed to be better than the nano, i forget the name of it though, its a bit more money too. I was wondering if you had ever tried one, btw its good to see another Texan on here...Roost
Mar 25, 2017, 10:42 AM
GOT WINGS
So far all I have tried is stock, a 3S battery, and that nanotech. I have a Charsoon 2200mah 60C on the way from Banggood but it may be a few weeks before I get it.
I am in North Central Texas. Where are you?
Mar 29, 2017, 11:44 AM
That should be the Turnigy Graphene pack. I have a bunch of them that I fly a blade 230S Heli with, but was unsure what would happen when going from 2S to 3S on the voltage. The packs are 1000mAh so you will get less time on them, but they are a lot lighter than the original pack. & don't see a Graphene battery that fits the bill in 2S. The nano batterys are terrible, I bought a bunch of them & they swell badly or just die in storage new from the factory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugeroost
flier, i know Turnigy makes a battery that's supposed to be better than the nano, i forget the name of it though, its a bit more money too. I was wondering if you had ever tried one, btw its good to see another Texan on here...Roost
Apr 06, 2017, 05:06 PM
I read a thread here on RCG about those graphene batteries, pretty interesting stuff although I don't understand alto of it. The reviewer has over 900 cycles on it and still good as new. Seems the main thing with these is build quality and longevity more than extra power. I ordered one for my MJX 800 to check out, has anybody figured out which graphene fits the Bugs......Roost
Apr 06, 2017, 06:56 PM
GOT WINGS
The battery bay on the Bugs 3 is 115 x 36 x 21 with only room for play in length really.

Hugeroost, Florida AKM just posted this in the post before yours: "don't see a Graphene battery that fits the bill in 2S". I took off the battery bay and installed two straps, to be able to use any of the batteries I have, and to lose a little weight.

I recently read that someone burned out an ESC using a 3S battery, he did not say what props he was using. The ESCs are only 6a as far as I know. I do not think I would use props longer than 6 inches on the Bugs with 3S batteries. I stopped using 3S batteries because I felt the risk outweighed the gain.

I received the Charsoon 2200mah 60C battery today, charged it up, and timed a flight. It went a little over 17 minutes, but the beeper still came on too soon. That is my biggest gripe about this quad, the low voltage beeper start several minutes before the battery is down, I was hoping a higher C battery would help. And I don't believe the charsoon battery is actually 60C as they always exagerate, but was hoping maybe higher than 30C.
Apr 08, 2017, 08:59 PM
GOT WINGS
I said I installed straps to hold batteries to the bottom of the Bugs, but they were plain velcro. I also got a battery strap with the Charsoon battery that has a loop on one end to slide the strap through so you can pull the strap very tight. But that strap is too long for the Bugs batteries, so I made my own loop straps with the velcro I have. I used paper clips to make the loops and had to cut off the end, reverse it, and reattach to the strap for it to work. Actually works very well now and there is no way the battery is moving with these straps.
Name: zbugsbtstrp.jpg
Views: 35
Size: 83.2 KB
Description: Name: zbugsbtstrp2.jpg
Views: 34
Size: 60.7 KB
Description: