MJX Bugs 3 Brushless Independent ESC 3D Roll for Gopro 3 Gopro 4 RC Quadcopter RTF - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 12, 2017, 11:21 AM
Registered User
Has anyone purchased the Bugs 3 form other vendors with no shipping problems ?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2017, 04:44 PM
Registered User
Pooleman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbcart
Has anyone purchased the Bugs 3 form other vendors with no shipping problems ?
I paid for the DHL shipping from gearbest on Wednesday and it arrived today. It would have arrived yesterday but the DHL driver couldn't find my house.
Feb 15, 2017, 01:20 PM
GOT WINGS
siriusflier's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbcart
Has anyone purchased the Bugs 3 form other vendors with no shipping problems ?
I don't think you would have any shipping problems if you get it from Banggood.
Feb 15, 2017, 07:59 PM
GOT WINGS
siriusflier's Avatar
I got to fly the Bugs a couple of times this afternoon. First I flew it aggressively with a good 3S 1500mah battery. Flight was timed at just under 10 minutes. Very fast vertical punch outs. Flips even tighter with 3S battery. Seems like vertical tilt may be even steeper and it gets a lot of momentum very quickly. Funnels seemed even tighter. Then I flew it with stock battery to compare. The Bugs might be sold as a camera quad, but it is fairly fast and sporty. Flies great on 2S stock battery, just adds a little power and speed with a 3S battery.

Wish I had made a video of that flight, but I have been hauling it around with me for 3 days waiting on good conditions to fly it.-`
Feb 15, 2017, 09:00 PM
Registered User
Pooleman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
I got to fly the Bugs a couple of times this afternoon. First I flew it aggressively with a good 3S 1500mah battery. Flight was timed at just under 10 minutes. Very fast vertical punch outs. Flips even tighter with 3S battery. Seems like vertical tilt may be even steeper and it gets a lot of momentum very quickly. Funnels seemed even tighter. Then I flew it with stock battery to compare. The Bugs might be sold as a camera quad, but it is fairly fast and sporty. Flies great on 2S stock battery, just adds a little power and speed with a 3S battery.

Wish I had made a video of that flight, but I have been hauling it around with me for 3 days waiting on good conditions to fly it.-`
I've seen some vids online that show the bugs shuddering with a 3S battery. Did you notice any of that?
Feb 15, 2017, 10:09 PM
GOT WINGS
siriusflier's Avatar
I did not notice any shuddering although the sound of the blades sometimes was different. Next time I fly it with a 3S battery I will pay closer attention and look for shudder.

I think it is probably better tuned to use a 2S battery, but I am not all that knowledgeable on tuning. I have read that when going from 3S to 4S batteries, PID tuning is usually needed, but of course the Bugs is not easily tuned. I liked the way it flew on 3S.
Feb 24, 2017, 09:11 PM
GOT WINGS
siriusflier's Avatar
I did fly again with a 3S battery and did not notice any actual shuddering, but you can hear what may sound like shuddering in the sound of the motors.
But I did decide to put the battery cage back to original which limits me to the stock or similar sized battery. To me, the quad flies great on 2S, and going to 3S doesn't seem to add all that much, but I have racers if I want to go really fast, the Bugs is more of a relaxed flyer and I like it like that. At some point, I will probably remove the battery tray and add velcro straps so I can use any battery and lighten the weight a bit. If I put a camera on it, I won't use the stock camera holder.

Another thing I did is order some 7038 props from Myrcmart: http://www.myrcmart.com/7x38-epp7038...en-p-7103.html . I got green and black, and they came from HongKong in 4 days. Banggood sells what looks like identical props: http://www.banggood.com/Gamfan-7038-...mds=mywishlist , but they don't have them in green.
I really like the orientation aid and looks of the green props up front, but as with all the other props I have tried, they are not as efficient, and cut flight time by more than a minute.
Another thing, these green 7038 props damage really easily, the same type of light hit on some tree limbs that did nothing to the stock props, put some nasty dings in these 7038 props. I think you can see the white spots on the green props where they got dinged. Oh, and you have to use prop nuts that I also got at Myrcmart: http://www.myrcmart.com/multicopter-...c-226_426.html . You can also get prop nuts from Banggood: http://www.banggood.com/search/motor-nuts.html . The nuts don't fit well in the recess on top of the prop hub and have to really be tightened well.
Name: zbgsgfprops.jpg
Views: 19
Size: 62.3 KB
Description:
Feb 26, 2017, 09:32 PM
GOT WINGS
siriusflier's Avatar
I flew again today with the green and black props and timed the flight. Moderate flying with some aggressive move and got 17 minute flight time. And that is with the props dinged up a bit. These are the first props I have tried that came close to working as well as the stock props. I am liking them because they aid in orientation so much for LOS flying. So I ordered two more sets. I may never put a camera on this quad because I like flying it LOS and I have other better quads for cameras.")
Mar 08, 2017, 06:40 AM
Registered User
I ordered a Bugs 3 from Amazon a few weeks ago for $129.00 delivered. Tracking shows that it is still up to 3 weeks before delivery. I can't believe that MJX just does not have a few shipping containers here in the US with these quads in them for sale @ a moments notice like they did the F-645 helicopters a few years ago. I guess a few more weeks waiting won't kill me.
Hard to believe that all this started back in mid December of last year.
Mar 08, 2017, 09:45 PM
GOT WINGS
siriusflier's Avatar
After trying the green and black 7038 props again, I have gotten flights up to 17 minutes, so they don't cut flight time as much as I thought. And I like the way they look and aide in orientation so I ordered some more from MYRCMart, got them in about a week, balanced them, put them on today, and timed another flight. This time I go 16.5 minutes, so I will probably keep using these props unless I damage them too much in crashes.
Name: zbugs7038.jpg
Views: 12
Size: 66.5 KB
Description: Name: zbugs70382.jpg
Views: 12
Size: 75.3 KB
Description:
Mar 17, 2017, 10:43 PM
GOT WINGS
siriusflier's Avatar
I think I mentioned before that my Bugs will start lvc beeping at about 9-10 minutes and then still fly to about 16 minutes before landing with depleted battery. When I flew it with 3S battery it went down within seconds of the start of lvc beeping. So I thought maybe if I got a higher C battery it might make a difference in the length of lvc. I got a 2S 2200mah 35/70C battery from Hobbyking and tried it today. Just one flight with the first charge of the battery, so it might improve. Lvc still started at about 9 minutes. Flight was about one minute shorter at 15 minutes. Couldn't really tell any difference in punch out or power. I would think that being 400mah larger would improve flight time. The battery, a piece of foam to fit it, and a plug adapter weigh about 24 grams more than the stock battery, but I thought 400mah more would make up for that. Hopefully that battery will do better after a couple of cycles. But I quit buying nanotech batteries a few years ago because they were overrated and didn't last long.
Mar 18, 2017, 10:36 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
I think I mentioned before that my Bugs will start lvc beeping at about 9-10 minutes and then still fly to about 16 minutes before landing with depleted battery. When I flew it with 3S battery it went down within seconds of the start of lvc beeping. So I thought maybe if I got a higher C battery it might make a difference in the length of lvc. I got a 2S 2200mah 35/70C battery from Hobbyking and tried it today. Just one flight with the first charge of the battery, so it might improve. Lvc still started at about 9 minutes. Flight was about one minute shorter at 15 minutes. Couldn't really tell any difference in punch out or power. I would think that being 400mah larger would improve flight time. The battery, a piece of foam to fit it, and a plug adapter weigh about 24 grams more than the stock battery, but I thought 400mah more would make up for that. Hopefully that battery will do better after a couple of cycles. But I quit buying nanotech batteries a few years ago because they were overrated and didn't last long.
bummer, i always thought the nano-tech was the way to go, never read anything bad about them. I was about to buy a couple for each of my birds, so what brand do you recommend, i've had bad luck with these so called upgrade batteries from ebay, they usually dont last as long as the oem's....Roost
Mar 18, 2017, 10:37 AM
Registered User
is this the only bugs thread on RCG, seems awful short at 4 paged, i figured at least 20 pages by now as long as its been out...Roost
Mar 18, 2017, 11:22 AM
GOT WINGS
siriusflier's Avatar
Roost, I am thinking about getting one of these batteries from Banggood: http://www.banggood.com/Charsoon-7_4...mds=mywishlist . Of course you have to have an adapter to go from XT30 to XT60, I made my own. I will test the nanotech 2200 again and report here.

There is at least one other Bugs thread, and it is more active then this one, but I don't always post my information on that thread.
Mar 18, 2017, 01:43 PM
Registered User
Pooleman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Roost, I am thinking about getting one of these batteries from Banggood: http://www.banggood.com/Charsoon-7_4...mds=mywishlist . Of course you have to have an adapter to go from XT30 to XT60, I made my own. I will test the nanotech 2200 again and report here.

There is at least one other Bugs thread, and it is more active then this one, but I don't always post my information on that thread.
I bought a few XT30 connectors on amazon for $5. I purchased a few batteries and just cut off the old connectors and put the XT30 connectors on. No need for an adapter.


Thread Tools