MJX Bugs 3 Brushless Independent ESC 3D Roll for Gopro 3 Gopro 4 RC Quadcopter RTF - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 09, 2017, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM
Gearbest is not the go to folks that we can order from direct from china. I got my hard earned money back after 40 + days of waiting, but now if I want a Bugs 3, it will cost me $150.00 from Amazon here in the States. Banggood was always great to deal with a few years ago, but I have a bad feeling after this ordeal over a toy sUAS.
Sorry fairly new at quads what is sUAS ? Amazon Canada does not even list the Bugs 3 yet . All other quads are way higher than US due to our ,73 dollar so if you pay 150 I would probably pay 205 . The beauty of Amazon Prime is guarantee of fast shipping and good service . I almost think it is worth the extra dough . I have received goods as fast as 2 days . Waiting for news from GB , perhaps I should approach PayPal to speed things up .
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2017, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM
Gearbest is not the go to folks that we can order from direct from china. I got my hard earned money back after 40 + days of waiting, but now if I want a Bugs 3, it will cost me $150.00 from Amazon here in the States. Banggood was always great to deal with a few years ago, but I have a bad feeling after this ordeal over a toy sUAS.
So I cancelled my order due to the frustrating shipping issues. As soon as I cancelled I received an email from GearBest saying that there was a great off on the Bugs3. I said "screw it and ordered. With the coupon codes I found it came to like $83 bucks and I paid for the DHL shipping for $20. It shipped Tuesday night and will arrive by COB today (2/10/2017). The only thing that sucks is that I accidentally selected the red version and not the black. But I have seem black frames online for cheap so all is good.
Feb 10, 2017, 09:53 AM
Can anyone suggest or reccomend a good action camera for the Bugs3? I'm looking for a good cheap alternative to a gopro
Feb 10, 2017, 12:02 PM
GOT WINGS
There is a 20% coupon - 75b679 , on these cameras: http://www.banggood.com/collection-2...098648201211GT . I have read that the gitup git 2 is a very good camera, don't know anything about the others. Not sure if that coupon still works.
Feb 10, 2017, 06:26 PM
Pigs in Space!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooleman
So I cancelled my order due to the frustrating shipping issues. As soon as I cancelled I received an email from GearBest saying that there was a great off on the Bugs3. I said "screw it and ordered. With the coupon codes I found it came to like $83 bucks and I paid for the DHL shipping for $20. It shipped Tuesday night and will arrive by COB today (2/10/2017). The only thing that sucks is that I accidentally selected the red version and not the black. But I have seem black frames online for cheap so all is good.
Care to share that code? I'm going through the same thing with GB at the moment, and this is the second time they've pulled this on me with the Bugs 3

The code may only be valid on the red one tho (I'm fine with that) as the black one is on flash sale for $92.99 and any codes just increase that price... I'm willing to pay up to $105 USD for one of these, but not more

Thanks in advance if you're willing to share
Feb 10, 2017, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbcart
Ordered my first Bugs 3 Jan 27 . After 10 days processing I asked what was going on . They replied they had shipping problems and could not ship to Canada and had to cancel the order and refund my PayPal . In the meantime I had ordered a second one from them so I replied if they could not ship right away refund that one as well . I inquired if this was all quads or just specific ones and could they post on the adds which ones could not be shipped to Canada . Waiting for a reply .
Received my first refund last night , still waiting for the second . They claim this is a problem only for this quad . Time will tell . Any other Canucks having the same issues ? Anyone having success with any other vendors shipping to Canada ?
Feb 10, 2017, 08:00 PM
GOT WINGS
This is not much, but it is good at Banggood:
6% off Site wide
Coupon Code: affiliate6
-only works with normal price items-
Feb 11, 2017, 06:53 AM
Why is the Bugs3 quad not even listed on the MJX website? I wanted to download the manuals and parts lists and whatnot.
Feb 11, 2017, 08:25 AM
GOT WINGS
It is listed at MJXRC. My internet is too slow to see if it has what you are looking for, but here is a link to a starting point: http://www.mjxrc.net/down/instruction/1.html .
Feb 11, 2017, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
It is listed at MJXRC. My internet is too slow to see if it has what you are looking for, but here is a link to a starting point: http://www.mjxrc.net/down/instruction/1.html .
Thanks. I thought it would be at the www.mjxtoys.com site but maybe they are different companies. I'm looking for an FPV camera module to install in the BUGS3. I can't find one for sale made by the company but the PCB of the Bugs has a port for an FPV or other camera. So I'm looking for an OEM camera or other suitable camera to put in there.
Feb 11, 2017, 11:07 AM
GOT WINGS
The plug on the board for a camera is label FPV, it is just to the right of the front LED plug when looking at the quad from the back. I checked the pin voltage, again looking at that plug from the back, the left pin is about 3.0 volts, the middle pin is ground, and the right pin is a little over 5.0 volts. I took out the headlight, plugged in an Eachine TX03 camera and tried it this morning. It worked, but that camera is better suited to smaller quads, I was just testing the camera and was able to mount it without alterations to the Bugs.
Feb 11, 2017, 11:11 AM
GOT WINGS
Managed to take the Bugs out for a couple of flights this morning, it was about 70 degrees F but it was fairly windy. First I tested it with stock battery to see how the 6 inch props worked. Seemed to fly fine, no unusual wobble or anything. So then I put in a fully charged 3S 2200mah battery and timed the flight. 17.5 minutes and took the top off to feel for heat at the ESCs, barely warm, no heat on the FCB, and the motors were cool also. Only negative things were that the low battery beep warning did not come on until the quad had already landed itself, and the cells were discharged to around 3.2 volts each. I think I will put the stock props back on and try it, but maybe not today because the wind is only getting stronger. And I made the battery plug adapter too long, need to shorten it.
Feb 11, 2017, 12:57 PM
GOT WINGS
I seldom share videos because I have little experience, am not good at it, and have crappy internet service that makes it difficult. But here is the video I made this morning with the Bugs 3 and an Eachine TX03 mounted in the nose. The camera was easy to install, just had to take the headlight LED out. I did it just to test the camera. I thought it looked better before I ran it through youtube.
PICT0002 (2 min 57 sec)

here is the first video I did with that camera mounted on a U807.
PICT0001 (2 min 22 sec)
Last edited by siriusflier; Feb 11, 2017 at 01:06 PM.
Feb 11, 2017, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiRtrAviator
Care to share that code? I'm going through the same thing with GB at the moment, and this is the second time they've pulled this on me with the Bugs 3

The code may only be valid on the red one tho (I'm fine with that) as the black one is on flash sale for $92.99 and any codes just increase that price... I'm willing to pay up to $105 USD for one of these, but not more

Thanks in advance if you're willing to share
I'm not sure what the code is. I saw it on an ad when I was on another site (drudgereport I think). When I clicked on the link it brought me to a page with the bugs (red) already in the cart with a reduced price. There was no official code that I needed to enter.
Feb 11, 2017, 07:18 PM
GOT WINGS
We got up to 93 degrees F today and it stayed windy all day, probably 10 to 20 mph wind. But just after sundown I took the Bugs out - with stock props - and 3s 2200mah battery. Didn't get to really open it up for any distance because of the wind, but it flew well. Couldn't really do a lot out in the wind, but it cut through that wind with no problem. Spent most of the flight in a wind break that was maybe 125 feet x 125 feet with trees and power lines as boundaries. This quad is not actually that much fun to fly in smaller areas, almost ran into my legs once. But I wanted to time the flight, and the LEDs started blinking at about 20.5 minutes so I landed. One cell was discharged to about 3.2 volts, the other two were at about 3.4 volts. Seems like it discharges the 3S battery more than it did the 2S battery. ESCs were warm but not hot, the motors had a little warmth to them, but the FCB did not feel warm at all.
I conclude that this quad does fine on 3s batteries.