MJX Bugs 3 Brushless Independent ESC 3D Roll for Gopro 3 Gopro 4 RC Quadcopter RTF - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 25, 2017, 09:20 AM
GOT WINGS
I forgot to mention that last night when I was flying the quad a tree blocked my sight of it for several seconds, and it got a little farther away than I intended. The weak signal warning beeper came on and kept beeping until I got it back close enough, so it does work.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2017, 07:08 PM
GOT WINGS
This is a follow up on the Bugs with the CX-20 8 inch props. I got to fly it this afternoon with wind under 5mph and 45 degree F temperatures. I stopwatch timed it at 13 minutes and 40 seconds, stock battery. That is about 3 minutes shorter time than with stock props. I may have spent more time flying it aggressively during this flight. So maybe the loss of flight time is not worth it. But it did seem like the quad flew a bit more aggressively than with stock props, and it also seems like it is even quieter in flight with the CX-20 props. Probably the least amount of noise from any of my brushless quads.
Ok, I am probably done testing different props now. I say the stock props are the best combination with the Bugs, but it is fun to try different mods. In the past, I often found that different props could improve a quad a lot, but I guess they may be doing a better job now of matching props and quads.
Jan 26, 2017, 07:44 AM
Most anything RC
I've subscribed to this thread, thanks for the info. Hopefully will buy one these very soon.
Jan 26, 2017, 08:34 AM
GOT WINGS
cartix, your welcome. Get one if you can and are not ready for acro flight. If flies surprisingly well in my opinion for the price.
Jan 29, 2017, 11:22 PM

Transmitter Yaw change to Right stick

Hi,

My son has a Syma X5 HW and it's transmitter lets you move the Yaw to the Right stick, and the Roll/rudder to the left stick. Throttle remains on left, and FWD/Back remains on right.

Does the Bugs 3 do that?
Jan 30, 2017, 08:43 AM
GOT WINGS
No, the Bugs TX does not allow moving Yaw to right stick. Yaw and rudder are the same thing. Yaw is turning, elevator is forward\backward, aileron\roll is side to side, and there is throttle. Mode 2 - is most common = E A T R. I think it might be better to stay with Mode 2 as it is the most common and available.
Last edited by siriusflier; Jan 30, 2017 at 09:57 AM.
Jan 30, 2017, 09:09 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Maybe if it gets added to Devo firmware?
Feb 04, 2017, 08:19 AM
Still waiting on mine from a 31 December order date. So this quote is real!
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Cj, I just saw at GB that they are back up to $114, and earlier some guys who had ordered them at $89 from GB said GB was asking for extra shipping fees, so be careful.
Feb 04, 2017, 08:32 AM
GOT WINGS
Florida, can you check tracking on that order? I have had USPS delay shipments for up to two weeks because they sent a package out for delivery to me in San Francisco, CA. I haven't ordered from Gearbest in a while, get most of what I need from Banggood and 20 days is about average with free shipping. One package that didn't show up for 30 days was resent and ended up getting to me after 55 days, but it wasn't much of a problem to deal with except for the long wait.

I was going to show the Bugs to a friend who is thinking of buying another quad. Trees, power lines, and houses everywhere, should have known better. Took off, dodged a power line, almost hit a house across the street, then went behind that house out of sight. Thought I had lost it, but gave it throttle and as it went up I heard it clip a tree limb about 30 feet up. But managed to gegain control and bring it back. Took it down the street to a park and let him try it. He crashed it within 30 seconds. No damage, I showed him some funnels and he didn't know what they were or how to do them. Its funny, I have recently watched him fly a Parrot Mambo indoors, and he did really well with it, but couldn't handle a larger brushless quad outdoors. But my flying was not that great either.
Last edited by siriusflier; Feb 04, 2017 at 08:43 AM.
Feb 06, 2017, 06:40 AM
Tracking went from shipped from China, change from US Post to NL Post & stayed there for 35 days. Now I get a tracking message that says on 9 January, the package was X-rayed & refused @ NL Post. No reason, no explanation; now I am waiting for gearbest to respond as to what is going on. Looks like no Bugs 3 for me.........

9 February 2017 Update: after hashing back & forth, gearbest refunded my payment so I am out of the MJX Bugs 3 game for now!
Last edited by FloridaAKM; Feb 09, 2017 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Updated information.
Feb 07, 2017, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM
Still waiting on mine from a 31 December order date. So this quote is real!
I jut got hit with this today. $96 but now they are asking for more money to send it DHL. I was on chat with GEARBEST last night and they said that it was out of stock but is now BACK IN STOCK and that they will send it priority as of last night. I opened a ticket and showed them that they already said they would ship it before they said I had to pay more money.
Feb 07, 2017, 02:48 PM
GOT WINGS
Sounds like Gearbest has been playing dirty lately and this is not the first I have heard of it. Have not ordered anything from Gearbest in over 6 months, and don't think I want to now.
Feb 07, 2017, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Sounds like Gearbest has been playing dirty lately and this is not the first I have heard of it. Have not ordered anything from Gearbest in over 6 months, and don't think I want to now.
I cancelled more order. Screw those guys.
Feb 09, 2017, 11:12 AM
Ordered my first Bugs 3 Jan 27 . After 10 days processing I asked what was going on . They replied they had shipping problems and could not ship to Canada and had to cancel the order and refund my PayPal . In the meantime I had ordered a second one from them so I replied if they could not ship right away refund that one as well . I inquired if this was all quads or just specific ones and could they post on the adds which ones could not be shipped to Canada . Waiting for a reply .
Feb 09, 2017, 01:13 PM
Gearbest is not the go to folks that we can order from direct from china. I got my hard earned money back after 40 + days of waiting, but now if I want a Bugs 3, it will cost me $150.00 from Amazon here in the States. Banggood was always great to deal with a few years ago, but I have a bad feeling after this ordeal over a toy sUAS.