Jul 26, 2017, 11:35 AM
Flying at North Edward's
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Not sure about the C5820 camera, but the C5830 camera that comes with the Bugs 6 is a decent camera and would fit directly in the nose of the Bugs 3, there are even the right screw mount holes. I think I saw the C5830 camera for sale at Aliexpress. You can look at the C5830 camera and some video from it here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Quadcopter-RTF .
I was curious about the C5820, and went to Aliexpress to look. To me, it looks like the C5820 has a fixed lens, but with the C5830, you can adjust the lens angle.
I noticed that too. Is it for the hole that's covered on the bottom of the Bugs for that camera? That would be kinda weird... unless its a cat eye lense.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2017, 02:30 PM
There are three factory csmeras for the bugs 3 two are forward mounted in place of the led light and the third is vertical mounted fish eye
Jul 26, 2017, 06:08 PM
GOT WINGS
Thread OP
If you look at post #80, you can see how I mounted a camera and separate VTX. The way I did it allowed me to keep the headlight. I am sure I spent less than $30 on camera and VTX. Doesn't have an SD slot for memory card and recording like the C5830 though.
Last edited by siriusflier; Jul 26, 2017 at 06:42 PM.
Jul 26, 2017, 06:28 PM
does the C5830 bolt straight into the bugs 3 ? how is the video quality vs your components built up system ? How do you rate the MJX receiver screen - seems to be allot of conflicting opinions over on the bugs 6 page ??

trying to decide on using the MJX setup - camera and screen or build a setup from parts - components.
Jul 26, 2017, 06:45 PM
GOT WINGS
Thread OP
Yes. Video quality of components system is a little better, MJX system is not bad. Component system is not hard to do, there should be a post about it.
Latest blog entry: UMX Air Tractor BNF
Jul 27, 2017, 05:34 PM
My setup .runcam micro lumenier mini vtx 200mw. Echine Rotg01 uvc 5.8 (is a vrx to your mobil).and vr Google.
Last edited by windface; Jul 28, 2017 at 12:38 PM.
Jul 27, 2017, 06:29 PM
The first video.

Bugs 3 fpv.1 (2 min 13 sec)
Jul 27, 2017, 08:00 PM
GOT WINGS
Thread OP
Not bad video windface, thanks for contributing.
Jul 27, 2017, 09:18 PM
anyone running gimbal like the Walkera unit ??? any super light weight units out there ???
Jul 27, 2017, 10:00 PM
GOT WINGS
Thread OP
I just put a Walkera G 2D on my Eachine E350 Pioneer. I think it weighed about 121 grams without the camera, but I made a different mounting plate and lost about 7 grams of weight. I may change the camera mount to velcro and lose maybe another 5 grams, so without the camera the gimbal will only weight about 110 grams. I haven't done anything but bench test it so far. It seems to work well, but I haven't figured out how to change pitch and roll from the transmitter. You can adjust pitch and roll on the gimbal itself.

I think the Bugs 3 would probably be able to carry the G 2D gimbal and a camera well enough, but I think the G 2D needs a 3S power supply. The only lighter setups I have read about were for mobius.
Jul 27, 2017, 11:31 PM
cool, I intend to run mine on 3S so all good by the sounds.
Jul 28, 2017, 07:37 AM
Flying at North Edward's
Quote:
Originally Posted by windface
Good enough to fly. That works!
Jul 28, 2017, 02:39 PM
The Bugs 3 charger is rated at 7.4v 0.5amp or 500mah my Tarantula X6 charger is rated for 7.4v 800mah and uses the same 2s connector. Any reason I can't safely use this?
Jul 28, 2017, 04:20 PM
GOT WINGS
Thread OP
MST, the Bugs battery is rated at 1800mah so 800mah is less than half that and should be safe as far as charge current goes. I usually charge my batteries at up to 2C which would be 3 600mah. The only problem could be where the overcharge protection circuit is located. If it is in the battery, the charger won't matter, but if the overcharge circuit is located in the charger, you would have to make sure your X6 charger also has an overcharge protection circuit in it. My bet is that the X6 charger would work fine, if you try it, keep a close eye on it, and check it occasionally with a volt meter if you can to make sure it doesn't charge much over 4.2 volts per cell or 8.4 volts total.
Jul 28, 2017, 04:31 PM
GOT WINGS
Thread OP
I went and looked at my Bugs 3 battery since it is not in the plastic case, but without cutting off the tape covering it, I can not see whether it has overcharge protection circuit on the battery or not, so try the X6 charger at your own risk, If you cannot monitor it with a voltmeter, I doubt I would try it.

Quick Reply