Jan 13, 2017, 10:26 AM
New Product

Flytower F4 Flight Controller 25/200/400mW Switchable FPV VTX OSD Dshot 40A 4in1 ESC

This looks amazing!!!

http://www.banggood.com/Flytower-F4-Flight-Controller-25200400mW-Switchable-FPV-Transmitter-OSD-Dshot-40A-4-In-1-ESC-PDB-p-1120746.html?

Feature:
Practical - Easy to access connectors★ Configurable - Choose to use connectors
Stackable - Mount our 4 in 1 ESC
Compact - Only 36x36x15mm.(Add air-cooling fin MAX 36*36*20MM)
Weight - 28.7 grams and 2 stack boards
Professional - Symmetrical, Neat and Tidy and Easy to install in any racing drone
36x36mm board with 30.5mm mounting holes
STM32 F405 MCU, Runs Betaflight firmware(supported from v3.0)
SD card slot
Use MPU6000 as Acc & gyro Over SPI Bus
STM32 controls OSD chip over SPI in DMA mode, less CPU using, faster rate - Great, Betaflight OSD!!
Micro USB socket
1x 6pins JST-SH sockets (PPM, PWM, SERIAL RX, GPIO, ADC, 3V, 5V, GND)
The on-board pins are easily connected to our next 4 in 1 ESC &PDB board
Internal VTX (40CH) (25/200 / 400MW adjustable power video transmission)
1x 4pins JST-SH sockets with BUZZER & WS2811 RGB LED
1x 4pins JST-SH socket for Video & Audio transmission
1 IPX sockets easy connect the external antenna
4x 3 Pads for motor output
1x2 Pads for batter in easy solder

There is also and F3 Version, but why bother.....
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2017, 12:11 PM
IT Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevet View Post
There is also and F3 Version, but why bother.....
Because F3 is enough and you can't invert UART on F4. Also... first!
Jan 14, 2017, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosphere View Post
Because F3 is enough and you can't invert UART on F4. Also... first!
With IBus you don't need inversion...
The Rx port on the F4 usually has inversion.
Inversion on the XSR / X4R-SB is really easy (on The X4R easier)
See my F4 revo howto post.
Jan 14, 2017, 07:26 AM
If the ESC is a flop, I'd stick to a legit omnibus since the board is a clone... Guess we'll see how it fares.

Not sure why this isn't under multirotor electronics.
Jan 18, 2017, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadroBro View Post
If the ESC is a flop, I'd stick to a legit omnibus since the board is a clone... Guess we'll see how it fares.

Not sure why this isn't under multirotor electronics.
Where is this an Omnibus Clone? It is a whole new design and just uses the Omnibus target so betaflight does not need to be adapted... Also it would have been better if it was SirinFPV target so you could control the VTX via betaflight! Maybe one can mod it but other than that and the missing current sensor this combo is amaizing!

Feb 06, 2017, 10:45 PM

Anyone know the pinout of this thing?? I've been looking and looking for a diagram and with a flashlight at my own trying to see if it says what the pins are or the four wire plug that goes to the camera/vtx, for I crashed and messed up the camera on the Aurora 90 and am trying to install another and there are four wires that go to the camera/vtx that comes with the model, and I don't know what the two are besides your power and negative ones, I'm sure one or maybe both are some kind of signal wires of some kind for the OSD or the camera/vtx??? When I put the new camera installed or at least wired it will not power on nor get a picture on the goggles or monitor, even when I only use the red and black for hot and ground it still doesn't power it nor deliver a picture, but I can give power from a battery straight to the camera's I'm trying and they work fine as intended, so why won't it with the wires from the four wire connector with just the hot and negative? And what are the other two wires for and where would they go on the new camera/vtx? For on the installed cam/vtx they are all four hooked up to the camera/vtx along with the hot and ground. I have no idea what they are for sure and where to put them on the new camera/vtx?? And I've GOT to get a camera back on it for it is a great FPV flyer. Anyone know where to get a picture or diagram of the pin out of the mincube(eachine)>? I have looked everywhere and on banggoods site where just the cube sells and usually they have the pin out of the board on the page with the board but can't find a thing on this one!!?? Anyone?? The wires go left to right and right side up black, red, blue, and orange. I have come to find or think the blue is the signal wire for as I was undoing the stock cam/vtx I played with them a little to see what they did and the blue seemed to make the picture show up and work and I couldn't tell the difference of the orange one? For I touched it to all the pads on the cam/vtx and for the cam is broke I had no picture really I did but of nothing but gray, and it would fuz up when I touched the orange to the blue and go normal with no lines but just gray when it was connected where it came but couldn't tell any other differences?? I figured I could just power up the new camera/vtx without the other two wires and it would transmit the picture to the goggles and monitor but would not. But would when just powered by a separate battery?? So anyone have any idea what the other two wires are or the pin out of the cube?? For I really want to get this thing back up tomorrow and just need the new camera/vtx hooked up but do not know where to put the other tow wires to on the new Camera/vtx?? HELP?? Thanks anyone have the answer let me know please!! Thanks, Turbo.
Feb 06, 2017, 11:21 PM
.....and that's why I crashed
1) try here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...less-FPV-Racer

2) read this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph
Feb 16, 2017, 04:50 PM
How does this board transmit power/signal? It seems as though it's through the screws with no power and ground, which doesn't seem right.
Feb 16, 2017, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonroeZabaleta View Post
How does this board transmit power/signal? It seems as though it's through the screws with no power and ground, which doesn't seem right.
No, there are male pins on the VTX / FC board that slide into female connectors on the ESC board, pretty neat really.
Feb 16, 2017, 05:59 PM
Important: The gyro was mounted incorrectly on my board, and did not correspond with the arrow indicating the front of the board. I had to set the yaw axis to -90 degrees in betaflight to correct the issue.

That made for a confusing maiden flight!!!!
Feb 17, 2017, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusby View Post
Important: The gyro was mounted incorrectly on my board, and did not correspond with the arrow indicating the front of the board. I had to set the yaw axis to -90 degrees in betaflight to correct the issue.

That made for a confusing maiden flight!!!!
I always check the orientation with the betaflight quad animation before turning off the accelometer

I didn't manage to get last stock,
want to buy 2, it really does look like an amazing base for every feature quad until the next best thing (next week? )
how do you configure the VTX? through the Betaflight OSD? is the OSD stable without caps and other bommers?
Feb 17, 2017, 04:54 PM
I have not tried to configure the VTX via OSD as yet, but I don't think it is possible. Using the single button to change band, channel and output power is a nightmare.

The OSD is stable....note, I put a 333uF 35V cap on the input to the ESC board. Didn't try the OSD without it, but put the cap in to protect the VTX from spikes and reduce electronic noise to the gyros.

Only 7 flights so far, but it does seem very smooth and free from oscillations.

At 8K/8K the CPU duty is only 4%.

The frame is a Kraken 5X with T-Motor F40II 2400kv running Dshot600 and Cyclone V2 props.
Feb 18, 2017, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusby View Post
I have not tried to configure the VTX via OSD as yet, but I don't think it is possible. Using the single button to change band, channel and output power is a nightmare.

The OSD is stable....note, I put a 333uF 35V cap on the input to the ESC board. Didn't try the OSD without it, but put the cap in to protect the VTX from spikes and reduce electronic noise to the gyros.

Only 7 flights so far, but it does seem very smooth and free from oscillations.

At 8K/8K the CPU duty is only 4%.

The frame is a Kraken 5X with T-Motor F40II 2400kv running Dshot600 and Cyclone V2 props.
Mine crashed on maiden running F60pro 2500kv... vtx can only be configured with the button. If you want telemetry you need to solder onto the f4 chip
Last edited by digaus; Mar 20, 2017 at 01:48 PM.
Feb 19, 2017, 01:02 AM
What died? An ESC or the FC?

Mine is a bit quirky in that sometimes (actually a lot of the time) up to three of the motors don't spin after powering up. Only fix seems to be cycling the power until they all work....weird.
Feb 23, 2017, 06:37 AM
I wonder if it's the heat from the VTX screwing it up - just not convinced yet that combining FC + VTX is the best idea on the same small PCB.