Feb 25, 2017, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digaus
If you want telemetry you need to solder onto the f4 chip
Can you please explain some more, just notice there is no UART for the telemetry, which UART did you solder directly? Is it inverted? or if I use the XSR/X4SB I need to connect from the un inverted connection?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2017, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevet
Can you please explain some more, just notice there is no UART for the telemetry, which UART did you solder directly? Is it inverted? or if I use the XSR/X4SB I need to connect from the un inverted connection?
Need to use uninverted telemetry ... just directly solder onto the chip between 5th and 6th pin from the left (UART6). Then activate smartport on UART6 in the ports tab and telemetry in the configuration tab.
Last edited by digaus; Feb 26, 2017 at 01:10 PM.
Feb 28, 2017, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digaus
Need to use uninverted telemetry ... just directly solder onto the chip between 5th and 6th pin from the left (UART6). Then activate smartport on UART6 in the ports tab and telemetry in the configuration tab.
Nice find... abit of a horrible solution but at least there is one
Mar 04, 2017, 12:22 AM
I just ordered the F3 v1.01 version to try out to compare this to my current F3 Flypro 8 in one tower unit (3x boards) that I use on my Flypro XJaguar racing drone. I'll let you know how this works out. Cheers.
Mar 09, 2017, 12:48 PM
Just got mine arrived really fast!
Also added a micro antenna with direct UFL connector.

Mar 09, 2017, 07:29 PM
.....and that's why I crashed
Cool, I'm up to 60 flights with mine. Still a lottery with how many esc's initialise each time I plug in, but I get all four after a few tries....sometimes even first try
Mar 09, 2017, 09:19 PM
Just waiting on some sma pigtails before I can try mine. Any thoughts on the vtx quality? I understand changing channel and power level is kind of a pain.
Mar 10, 2017, 05:47 PM
Hey did you figure the crazy rolls these thing do I have two and they both do the same thing. I'm running a similar setup on both kwads but I soft mounted the controller with rubber orings to save a few millimetres of height. I am wondering if that might be the solution. Oh I also soft mounted the motors with orings. Not much in info on here as these are so new. Maybe we can figure this one out???? If you know something I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Mar 11, 2017, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsBells
Hey did you figure the crazy rolls these thing do I have two and they both do the same thing. I'm running a similar setup on both kwads but I soft mounted the controller with rubber orings to save a few millimetres of height. I am wondering if that might be the solution. Oh I also soft mounted the motors with orings. Not much in info on here as these are so new. Maybe we can figure this one out???? If you know something I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Mine had the gyro and acceleromter mounted incorrectly, i.e. they point to the right of the arrow on the board. An offset of -90 degrees in Betaflight is needed to correct the problem. Other than that I haven't had a problem....so far....
Mar 13, 2017, 07:36 AM
Spare parts arrived, the ESC is more interesting considering the price, also if you buy both with out the standoffs its actually cheaper (i'm not going to use the supplied standoffs..)

http://www.banggood.com/Flytower-F4-Spare-Part-Flight-Controller-40CH-25200400mW-Switchable-FPV-Transmitter-OSD-p-1133310.html

http://www.banggood.com/FLYTOWER-F3-Spare-Part-30A-2-4S-BLHeli_S-4-In-1-ESC-DSHOT-Integrated-PDB-p-1133408.html

Didn't get a chance to install mine yet, but a friend of mine spoke to the manufacturer and they said that the VTX can be controlled from the betaflight OSD, did someone try this?
Mar 13, 2017, 08:08 AM
Be good if the Vtx could be set through betaflight!

Note that you have linked to the ESC board for the Flytower F3 with the 30A ESC's, not the 40A ESC's that go with the F4.

Interestingly there is a Flyfish F4 on banggood that looks almost identical, this one clearly states Vtx adjustment through betaflight is possible. It looks to have an additional UART port too.

http://www.banggood.com/F4-Tower-Fli...ft-viewhistory
Mar 13, 2017, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusby
Be good if the Vtx could be set through betaflight!

Note that you have linked to the ESC board for the Flytower F3 with the 30A ESC's, not the 40A ESC's that go with the F4.

Interestingly there is a Flyfish F4 on banggood that looks almost identical, this one clearly states Vtx adjustment through betaflight is possible. It looks to have an additional UART port too.

http://www.banggood.com/F4-Tower-Flight-Controller-Build-In-Accelerometer-Gyroscope-with-PDB-Buzzer-For-RC-Racer-p-1108717.html?rmmds=detail-left-viewhistory
Oops, My bad, didn't even notice that the F3 has "only" 30A its a bit silly.....
This Flyfish F4 seems interesting.... did you try setting the VTX via OSD? the fishfly uses FISHDRONEF4 target, looks much more interesting but coming soon....
The Flyfish also has the Raceflight Gyro, win need a soft mount, the mounts it arrives with is no good.
It also seems to have a telemtry port although the manual seems to think that SBUS is PPM hahaha
Also seems VTX is just 25 or 400.... not good I prefer 200....
Mar 13, 2017, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC
I just ordered the F3 v1.01 version to try out to compare this to my current F3 Flypro 8 in one tower unit (3x boards) that I use on my Flypro XJaguar racing drone. I'll let you know how this works out. Cheers.
I just ordered the complete Flytower f4 tower unit from BG to try out. It will be interesting to see how compatible all these unit's boards are.

I have a spare flypro 4 in 1 pdb that came with my XJaguar racing drone so it would be handy if either the flytower f3 or f4 fc/vtx/osd board will work with it or not. I'll check out the inter-board socket pinouts when I get them and see.

I really think that these all in one tower units are the way of the future because they simplify diy projects. My main concern for racing is how crash-resistant they are? Both top boards on my XJaguar have not fared too well, lol! A lot of this has been due to the XJaguar cnc frame plates (which bend/twist in a crash) and exposed board bits. I have moved one of these tower units over into a Martian II 250 frame and this larger frame seems to offer a lot more protection. I have had a few hard crashes with this and so far so good.

Edit; aside, it is interesting to see that BG has dropped the XJaguar from it's 'coming soon' items. Also, they had told me that they intended to also carry the flypro 3x board tower. Looks like they have changed their minds and dropped this. Or, maybe flypro=flytower=flyfish factory anyway, who knows, lol!
Mar 16, 2017, 08:56 AM
jaded44
I think I am asking the right person! Did you figure out what was causing the crazy rolls to the ground like in your video? mine flies great for a minute but as soon as i started rolling hard it freaks out I am not aware of any shorts as I have checked it over and I have top shelf equipment F-40 II 2600 kv
Mar 18, 2017, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Funk
I think I am asking the right person! Did you figure out what was causing the crazy rolls to the ground like in your video? mine flies great for a minute but as soon as i started rolling hard it freaks out I am not aware of any shorts as I have checked it over and I have top shelf equipment F-40 II 2600 kv
I have the same problem, flys normal for about 1min and then rolls crazy and out of control. I use emax 2205 2300kv.

Have you got a solution ?