Spektrum S6240RX Servo and Receiver Combo

The all new S6240RX Servo and Receiver Combo is a lightweight unit that saves space and money by combining two necessary electronic components into one package.

Splash

A Space Saving Combo

Just when you thought all the innovative ideas were tapped out, Spektrum goes and introduces a combo servo and receiver that will make you say "why didn't I think of that?!" The S6240RX combines the performance and reliability of the S6240 digital metal-geared coreless steering servo with a lightweight and compact DSMR receiver. The unit has an input for the ESC and power for a transponder through the bind plug. The S6240RX retails for $139.99 and is currently in stock at Horizon Hobby.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Spektrum S6240RX Servo and Receiver Combo

Specifications

• Type: Digital
  • Application: DSMR Receiver/Servo for 1/10 Buggy, Truck, On-Road
  • Torque: 208 oz-in (15.0kg-cm) @ 6.0V
  • Speed: 0.08 sec/60 deg @ 6v
  • Length: 1.61 in (41mm)
  • Width: 0.82 in (20.9mm)
  • Height: 1.18 in (30mm)
  • Weight: 2.0 oz (56g)
  • Bushing Or Bearing: Bearing
  • Bearing: Dual
  • Motor Type: Coreless
  • Gear Type: Metal
  • Gear Material: Steel
  • Current Draw Idle: 9.8 mA @ 6.0V
  • Current Draw Stall: 4.9A @ 6.0V
  • Voltage: 6.0V
  • Deadband: 4µs

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jan 13, 2017 at 09:15 AM..
Jan 13, 2017, 11:09 PM
Permanently Banned
Ca nyou replace the servo and switch the rx?
Jan 14, 2017, 01:23 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
LHS ordered them today. I'll have one in something. Haven't decided which vehicle yet, Got a few days to choose which one deserves such an upgrade.
Jan 16, 2017, 10:52 PM
Very cool, but if one part fails.....
Jan 17, 2017, 01:37 AM
This is a good combo indeed and nice for space saver.
Jan 31, 2017, 12:24 PM
I ordered one of these from the LHS when they were in stock at Horizon a few weeks ago. They never received any and now they are backordered. I can't help but wonder if I had bought it directly from Horizon instead of supporting my LHS, would I have had it by now? Doesn't matter now though. I've lost interest.
Jan 31, 2017, 01:11 PM
Suspended Account
nice teaser maybe.. i know no one that has one in there rc.. i was wondering .. so what kinda antenna does it use.??
Jan 31, 2017, 02:41 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
I think it's a weird combo. The servo is one of the parts that is prone to wear and failure. So when your servo gives out, you have to replace it with another expensive servo/receiver combo, or does the receiver part clip on, and can the servo part be exchanged seperately?
Jan 31, 2017, 02:51 PM
Suspended Account
not all that expensive when you talk about what i consider better radio systems that have receivers as high as $169.99 and then you but a costly servo in excess of $129 or more.. i personally spent way over the rx and servo b4 on this combo..

solo that same questions you have asked have been asked on rctech..youtube.amain .horison with no direct answer of its module or all or not..i fell its hard wired no replacing one or the other but might have a slightly rebuild-able servo.as in gear not electronics.
Jan 31, 2017, 03:39 PM
I don't think it's overpriced either. As far as the reliability in my experience high end servos and rx last a long time. It would definitely suck if one thing went out though. It risky but if it works for 3+ years it'd be awesome.
Feb 01, 2017, 08:58 AM
Have you seen my LVC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I think it's a weird combo. The servo is one of the parts that is prone to wear and failure. So when your servo gives out, you have to replace it with another expensive servo/receiver combo, or does the receiver part clip on, and can the servo part be exchanged seperately?
Yeah, servos fail, but so do RX's. a good MG servo will last for years, and the #1 failure (that I have seen) is gears wearing out. So long as they stock gear sets, I don't see an issue. Plus steel gears vs brass or Ti - so they should last a long time.

As far as price, a good name brand servo with the same specs (0.8s, 15kg @6v) will land around $100 or higher. Plus Spektrum RX's run what - $50? If I was into the Spektrum system, I would consider it for a new build.

The only thing I feel is odd, I think a product like this would appeal to bashers more than racers. Bashers will want it waterproof.

[devil]
One other application I see for it - trolling the race track. Buy a popular "noob car" like a 2wd slash, drop in this servo/RX combo, and the Dynamite motor/ESC combo. Got to the track on a practice day, run a dozen laps, then pull into the pits, play the noob, and ask for help with something unrelated, like shocks. Watch the "old guard" get confused....
[\devil]
Feb 01, 2017, 09:43 AM
Suspended Account
i really dont think a basher would want this as it can not be made water proof with the rx plug area exposed.. i see racers wanting this due to it opening up space.. any tack old guy would notice this in a second with being fooled..
it does have its limits due to it can only be mounted in 2 positions to access rx plugs..oh well.
Feb 01, 2017, 10:58 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRigged
Yeah, servos fail, but so do RX's. a good MG servo will last for years, and the #1 failure (that I have seen) is gears wearing out. So long as they stock gear sets, I don't see an issue. Plus steel gears vs brass or Ti - so they should last a long time.

As far as price, a good name brand servo with the same specs (0.8s, 15kg @6v) will land around $100 or higher. Plus Spektrum RX's run what - $50? If I was into the Spektrum system, I would consider it for a new build.

The only thing I feel is odd, I think a product like this would appeal to bashers more than racers. Bashers will want it waterproof.

[devil]
One other application I see for it - trolling the race track. Buy a popular "noob car" like a 2wd slash, drop in this servo/RX combo, and the Dynamite motor/ESC combo. Got to the track on a practice day, run a dozen laps, then pull into the pits, play the noob, and ask for help with something unrelated, like shocks. Watch the "old guard" get confused....
[\devil]

For Spektrum it's cheap, yes.

Lol at your suggestion to pull a prank with this. Maybe combine with a motor with ESC integrated on the endbell. No receiver and no ESC, just servo, battery and motor...

It can save space, but in cars with limited space, the servo usually gets installed flat on the bottom, with wire exiting on the short side. Wire exiting on the long side will raise the profile, some chassis may not have this space. I wonder why they chose to have he wire coming from this side instead of the short side.
Feb 01, 2017, 03:39 PM
I've had that Tazer motor/esc combo for a week now but have yet to do anything with it. I ordered it the same day I ordered these servos. I was planning on doing something interesting with the two combos. Unfortunately, after looking at all of my 1/10s, I didn't really find a suitable vehicle for any of it except for my HPI Jumpshot and all of its electronics are hidden anyway. Plus, Tamiya has announced that Heavy Metal dump truck and I'd rather have that instead! Maybe down the road, after they get restocked, I might consider one of these again.

Quick Reply