New Product! Proboat River Jet Boat - RC Groups

New Product! Proboat River Jet Boat

A new hull from Proboat was just announced! This time, it's a basher style jet boat!

Splash

A 23" Jet Boat For All Your Rapid-Running Needs!

Proboat has just introduced a new hull to their lineup of FE and gas boats! The Proboat River Jet Boat is a 23" deep vee with a shallow jet drive to allow for some incredible shallow-water running in streams and rivers. Full-scale jet boats are used to shoot up rapids without worrying about grenading the propeller on rocks, and that's what the River Jet Boat is capable of doing!

The River Jet Boat comes almost ready to run with a Spektrum STX2 2.4GHz FHSS transmitter, Dynamite 90a esc and Dynamite brushless outrunner motor. A 3200 mAh 11.1V 3S 30C LiPo with EC3 connector is required. The hull is a self-righting design, which means the fun won't stop when she rolls over in the stream! The Proboat River Jet Boat retails for $299.99 and is scheduled for availability in late February.

CLICK HERE for more information.

Pro Boat River Jet™ 23-inch RTR Deep-V Jet Boat RTR (2 min 14 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jan 16, 2017 at 09:25 AM..
Jan 12, 2017, 01:34 PM
Most anything RC
That looks like a fun little boat!
Jan 12, 2017, 01:39 PM
RCGroups Editor
Indeed! It would also make an excellent retrieve boat thanks to the jet drive, maneuverability, and power on demand!
Jan 12, 2017, 02:57 PM
Wow!! This would be a great alternative to the Thrashers, which are 2x as much. I might be getting one of these!
Jan 12, 2017, 06:08 PM
Gotta Get me one of these!!
Jan 12, 2017, 06:32 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
I would need a fast creek to run on....
Jan 12, 2017, 07:20 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Looks really nice in the video, I like it.
Jan 12, 2017, 08:34 PM
Mmm, tugs...
Some if not all of the jet pump parts are available...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/SearchDi...ce=Q&pageView=
Jan 13, 2017, 08:52 PM
would be nice to know the impeller size and motorpower
Jan 13, 2017, 09:56 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Axel
Does not say the impeller size in the specs, but the motor is:
2300Kv 14-Pole Brushless Outrunner Motor, 33mmx42mm
Jan 14, 2017, 12:30 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
So glad I held off on their previous models. I was so close to buying one. I need a boat for the boat times. This is perfect for the creek. Plenty of lake around too but the creek is just a short walk away. Not even a minute. I can see it from here!
Jan 15, 2017, 07:07 PM
aka: Scott Ellis
I've been mulling over scratch-building something very similar for a couple of years. And I've played with a Recoil 17 in my local streams some. That experience has lead me to think that for success at serious creek-climbing, you might need a less downward-pointed front deck ("submarining" is a real problem). Even more bothersome, to me, is the lack of a reverse gate.

Still, for the price, this is pretty tempting.
Jan 15, 2017, 08:35 PM
aka: Scott Ellis
Just a note, Matt--I don't think this one self-rights by flooding a chamber under the deck. It looks like it's a combination of hull shape and that "flywheel" on the motor shaft that provides enough torque reaction to flip her upright. The manual seems to make that pretty clear.
Jan 16, 2017, 09:24 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeric
Just a note, Matt--I don't think this one self-rights by flooding a chamber under the deck. It looks like it's a combination of hull shape and that "flywheel" on the motor shaft that provides enough torque reaction to flip her upright. The manual seems to make that pretty clear.
Thanks for the update! Fixed.
Jan 16, 2017, 08:09 PM

impeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Axel
34mm