Jan 12, 2017, 11:41 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

New ProBoat jet boat

Seems pretty decent from the pictures and video. Looks like you could add active trim adjustments if you have a 3 channel radio as well.

Pro Boat River Jet™ 23-inch RTR Deep-V Jet Boat RTR (2 min 14 sec)

http://www.horizonhobby.com/river-je...--rtr-prb08025
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2017, 12:06 PM
Nice
Jan 12, 2017, 12:29 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Looks like it has potential. The price is a bit higher than hoped for a 23" boat, but maybe there will be discount deals.

And how long before Sundogz has the maximum speed doubled...
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel
Jan 12, 2017, 01:29 PM
Product Developer-Pro Boat
Wparsons, thanks for posting this. The self right feature and the effects of the weighted flywheel can be removed by replacing the coupler with a 5mm to 4mm adapter. OSE sells them, part number OSE-1340.

I'll be monitoring the thread as time becomes available to answer any questions anyone may have.

Here is a video showing the 3rd channel/servo option.
Pro Boat 23-inch River Jet optional adjustable trim (0 min 24 sec)
Jan 12, 2017, 02:47 PM

International Toy Fair Nuremberg

Will there be other new boats at the toy fair in 20 days?
Jan 12, 2017, 02:58 PM
Hopefully they will offer the drive separate as well!

It has some similarities with the Mickie Beez drive. I wonder what kind of impeller shape it is? The second mixed flow model Jet-drive?
Jan 12, 2017, 04:29 PM
Just Plane Nutts
The horizon site shows various pump parts for sale, but I do not know if they will offer it as a complete assembly. Buying the parts one at a time separately can be much more costly.

Motor Coupler 5mm Mtr x 3.7mm Flx Shft
$24.69

Jet Pump Housing
$50.39

Motor Mount 23
$15.99

Jet Pump Impeller
$16.99

Jet Pump Intake Grate
$14.99

Motor Tray
$14.99

Jet Pump Steering Nozzle
$16.99

Driveshaft & Stuffing Tube
$17.99
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Jan 14, 2017 at 11:38 PM. Reason: sp
Jan 12, 2017, 05:07 PM
Master of some
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Buying the parts one at a time separately can be much more costly.
I remember reading an article once that compared the cost of a new accord off the showroom floor vs. buying it as spare parts over the counter. It was something ridiculous like $120K
Jan 12, 2017, 05:48 PM
This would look so cool on the RC4WD trailer getting towed by a crawler lol.
Jan 12, 2017, 05:52 PM
Product Developer-Pro Boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
The horizon site shows various pump parts for sale, but I do not know if they will offer it as a complete assembly. Buying the parts one at a time separately can be much more costly.

Motor Coupler 5mm Mtr x 3.7mm Flx Shft
$24.69

Jet Pump Housing
$50.39

Motor Mount 23
$15.99

Jet Pump Impeller
$16.99

Jet Pump Intake Grate
$14.99

Motor Tray
$14.99

Jet Pump Steering Nozzle
$16.99

Driveshaft & Stuffing Tube
$17.99
We are not offering the pump as a complete unit, unfortunately. You only need the motor coupler if you are wanting to have your boat self right. Otherwise a 5mm to4mm coupler is all you need.
Jan 12, 2017, 06:20 PM
Electric RC Addict
I'm hoping to get one of these if I have enough $$$ left over from my income tax.

I'm sure 16 spark plugs and wires for my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 truck won't be cheap.
Jan 12, 2017, 06:41 PM
Can you tell us what the impeller diameter is, and maybe show us what the pump internals look like? Curious to see what design path ProBoat took when making this!

Also, nice to see one of the big manufacturers finally get into the world of jet boats! Good job on the promo vid.
Jan 12, 2017, 08:29 PM

Jet Boat

Too cool,Nice to see somebody stepping up to the plate with a cool looking Jet Boat
Jan 13, 2017, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez
We are not offering the pump as a complete unit, unfortunately.

That would be such a pity

It performs nicely on 3S in the video. And I love the option of servo operated vertical nozzle adjustment!

Hopefully you guys at Pro-boat will reconsider offering the drive as a complete set
Jan 13, 2017, 09:26 AM
Pretty excited about this. No way I can afford one but since I have been developing my own 3D printed jet drive, this is pretty cool to see how others are doing it. Also cool to see that its a popular enough idea that the larger companies are starting to jump on it!

Quick Reply