Jan 11, 2017, 11:31 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Discussion

Light Up My Life! Let's Talk Budget Pit Lights.

If you're reading this, then you obviously have an interest in micro multirotors. That being said, you probably do some tinkering, and soldering on some pretty small components. Pit light options range in price from $6 USB units all the way up to $100+ RC branded units operating off of varying input voltages.

I recently purchased one of these on evilbay strictly for my desk. I am however still shopping for something more compact, that I can fit in one of my travel cases for use on the go. Our group regularly ends up doing some tweaking and wrenching in one persons garage or another, so something that can be recharged, or powered via USB would be ideal.

Let's talk about what you use, and what you feel are the benefits to your particular lighting set up. Whether it's in your shop, on your desk, or your portable lighting solution, I want to hear about it. The more options the better.
Last edited by fastmax; Jan 12, 2017 at 10:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2017, 04:13 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Still looking for a good portable solution. Nobody has any recommendations?
Latest blog entry: My Volantex SR48 Journey
Jan 12, 2017, 09:23 PM
I use something like this. The light works good and the magnification come in handy.

http://www.banggood.com/Headband-LED...2585583201509S
Jan 12, 2017, 10:53 PM
Just call me Justin.
I have and always used the cheapo 6 dollar head lamp from harbor freight. It's good on batts, and if you want, you can pull it off the head band and it's magnetic. Very handy in the field. Just attach it to the truck or whatever..

My first one, lasting over 6years, I had to buy another one cause I thought I lost it... I even use for night time shooting. My wife makes fun of me though when I wair it.....
Jan 13, 2017, 06:16 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
For some reason I am not a big fan of head lamps when I am wrenching, or soldering. They definitely come in handy for other uses though. I'll have to check the two that I have here and see if one of them is magnetic. If so that would certainly be a viable, portable option that would easily fit in one of my cases.
Latest blog entry: My Volantex SR48 Journey

Quick Reply