Feb 03, 2017, 10:56 AM
Fly Safe and Check 6
Yuri,

Frank told me the same time/build detail goes into the 220 as the 277 so the price is the same. I would think there would be a little more material cost with the 277 but perhaps its not by much.

Vic
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2017, 11:56 AM
The names are getting bizarre.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Feb 03, 2017, 11:55 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Slope Pilot
Yuri,

Frank told me the same time/build detail goes into the 220 as the 277 so the price is the same. I would think there would be a little more material cost with the 277 but perhaps its not by much.

Vic
Thanx Vic.I dont blame them ,just little off of my common sense
Yuri
Feb 04, 2017, 12:33 PM
Pure soaring - no motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox
Thanx Vic.I dont blame them ,just little off of my common sense
Yuri
IMO only until you have made a complete cost calculation for a commercial production. eg. itīs possible that due to the smaller parts itīs more difficult for production (= takes more time). That could be the same or more than the cost savings due to less material used.

/Bernd
Feb 08, 2017, 03:09 PM

Drops 277

Hi!

Some month ago, we made a trip to Denmark and we had a lot of fun to taste the Drops 277.
And for sure, you could fly the Drops 277 in F3F and it isnīt only a funf3-model

some impressions:
Drops277 (2 min 41 sec)

CU @slope
Martin
Mar 23, 2017, 09:29 AM
Thread OP

2 heading to USA...

Looks like Ron and I may maiden ours next month sometime. Frank sent some photos of the build so far
Mar 31, 2017, 09:44 PM
Great looking plane, so how much are these. Ian
Apr 02, 2017, 01:26 AM
Morologus es
Quote:
Originally Posted by meggert
Hi!

Some month ago, we made a trip to Denmark and we had a lot of fun to taste the Drops 277.
And for sure, you could fly the Drops 277 in F3F and it isnīt only a funf3-model

some impressions:
https://youtu.be/3QsXoRQQPAs

CU @slope
Martin
Looks pretty good to me!

Nice,

Doc J.
Apr 04, 2017, 12:57 AM
Thread OP

They are here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluffman
Great looking plane, so how much are these. Ian
Right on Ian, the model price came in lower than listed on the product page, i think due to no VAT.
http://www.drops-factory.com/drops-277/
There are also different brass & tungsten ballast options that will increase the price. Maybe email Frank for a quote.

Attaching a couple pics of mine
Apr 06, 2017, 08:05 PM
Thread OP
There seems to be a mechanical issue with left flap servo/linkage maxing out at 50 deflection and it does not resolve with TX programming. As a quick temporary fix, i reduced the right flap throw in TX to match the left side and had maiden like that. Now with a few more flights the flying being great, looks like I will have to take a closer look at the build as definitely want both flaps to deflect 70 to 80 degrees.

Here is a video from last weekend in mild conditions with easy landing zone.
Drops 277 maiden at Windy Hill (5 min 33 sec)
Apr 06, 2017, 10:03 PM
Nice Flight Mehrdad!..
Where is Windy Hill?
Has not been any usable wind the last 3 days up here to test mine out....
All ready to go... just need... Wind!

Ron
Apr 07, 2017, 10:12 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Ron. It is going to be fun to ballast up and try her out on coastal sites next.

Hope there is some good wind to maiden yours soon.

Windy Hill Open Space Preserve is located in Portola Valley and works with winds from NE direction. Interesting place as sometimes when it is blowing west at the coast, it will be blowing from east at WH! There is parking on Skyline (highway 35) about 4 minutes south driving from Alice's Restaurant where highways 35 and 84 intersect. I believe it would be a really long drive for you and the conditions are usually light, not sure if it would be worthwhile. PG, HG and RC gliders are allowed to fly there with permits which may be requested following this link.

Looks like we will have some west winds this weekend. Hopefully both Fort Ross and Thornton will be blowing tomorrow afternoon so we can go play
Apr 08, 2017, 11:51 PM
You guys were both very fast, it will be interesting to see what your times will be when racing but the speed and maneuverability were very impressive and the airplanes look dialed in right out the gate. Nice find guys!
Apr 09, 2017, 01:43 AM
Will be interesting indeed , mine was lovely to fly but didn't seem to have much natural pace.
Apr 10, 2017, 02:26 PM
Thread OP
Ron maidened his this past Saturday and seemed pretty happy with how it handled. Maybe he will post here and let us know his thoughts.

For me the model seems like an easy to fly. Have not found bad habits in little time so far. Still need to do back-to-back comparisons with my Pike Precision, so take my comment as just an early guestimate. The drops seems more tame than Pike yet more agile when called for and faster when pushed.

Some cool facts that Ron shared about his Drops 277 and Freestylers. The FS5 (and I can confirm newer skinny Precision) fuses are narrower than the drops. However the drops nosecone and FS3/4 nosecones appear to be interchangeable or very close indeed. And probably more importantly the Freestyler wing ballast fits the drops wing ballast chamber.

Here are couple photos from Ron.

Quick Reply