Vector V-Tail / NWS Configuration - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 11, 2017, 05:35 PM
Discussion

Vector V-Tail / NWS Configuration

I am making progress on setting up the Vector after EagleTree graciously replaced the Vector unit as it would not power up.

I have the video working now and am working to configure the flight controls and have stumbled across an issue with the nose wheel steering....

The plane is an Anaconda from ReadymadeRC and it has an inverted V-tail. Selecting the v-tail aircraft operation and running through the transmitter setup wizard, I have all the flight controls working correctly, but because the NWS is connected via a y-connector to the rudder, any elevator input causes the NWS to turn. Not a good thing since when trying to take off and input up elev, the NWS will cause the aircraft to veer off in one direction and when landing flaring the NWS will turn causing other unwanted landing effects.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this issue?

I thought about using the 'other' rudder input on the wizard but not sure of the effects or implications.

I HAVE READ THE MANUAL and didn't find any suggestions there....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2017, 11:29 AM
I suggest connecting the nose wheel servo directly to your RX and map it directly to the rudder channel.

Regards, John
Jan 13, 2017, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET
I suggest connecting the nose wheel servo directly to your RX and map it directly to the rudder channel.

Regards, John
John,

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking as well but was not quite positive there wasn't another solution.

I did the same for my flaps. Which brings up another Vector question...

When you run the the tx wizard, it asks you to cycle through your flap switch. But no where can I find a means to connect the flaps servo to the Vector and get it to work. I searched through various threads and found that the predominate solution was to not cycle the flap switch during the tx wizard and connect the flaps servo directly to the rx. Is there something missing from analysis.

Its the engineer in me that makes me want to know the reason behind the process...

Paul
Jan 13, 2017, 03:53 PM
That is only if you are using flaperons.

Per the manual;

If you have dedicated flaps, they do not connect to the Vector. Connect the flaps directly to your receiver channel that is controlled by the desired flap switch.

Regards, John
Apr 09, 2018, 04:58 AM
John, I have the same setup as well. I guess my question is with the TBS diversity RX and crossfire TX how am I able to use channels on the vector along with the receiver? On the TX do I map the channel as something outside the vectors 1-7 channels? This has been kicking my butt all weekend.
Apr 09, 2018, 08:58 AM
Hello,

You should just be able to connect whatever you need directly to the receiver. For example, for dedicated flaps, connect the flaps to channel 8 on yoru RX and use 1-7 for the main channels for the Vector. Do not move anything when it asks for flaps in the wizard. That is for flapperons only.

If you are not able to get it working, please open a support ticket on our website.

Regards, John

Quick Reply