Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Eagle Tree Systems Micro Vector is Here

Eagle Tree Systems has been working on the Micro Vector for some time now. We got our first hint that it was coming last April at the Toledo Show and we knew the team was putting in lots of work to make it awesome...

Splash

Miniature Vector Retains Great Feature Set

Eagle Tree Systems has been working on the Micro Vector for some time now. We got our first hint that it was coming last April at the Toledo Show and we knew the team was putting in lots of work to make it awesome. The time has finally come and the Micro Vector is now available. If you are unfamiliar with the standard Vector, it's a killer flight control system that offers features no other board does. You can program it from your computer, an attachable display unit, or even through your video goggles with your radio. It works with drones and planes and has amazing sensor options like GPS, airspeed, current, alerts, and the unit comes with a built in color OSD. There really is no other flight controller like the Vector.

The Micro Vector is in stock right now. You can find it and learn more at Eagle Tree Systems.

The Micro Vector has nearly the same feature set as the standard. You can see the main differences in the graphics below:

Jan 11, 2017, 10:37 AM
I bought one. Hopefully it will be a good replacement for my damaged Vector.
Jan 11, 2017, 04:44 PM
fly by night
I was never keen on Vector ... until they came out with Air SkyGates for it! I am ordering up a micro vector just for the air gates for my racing wing. hope I can chose to not have all that telemetry clutter on the screen though

OK I dunno if this is all that practical, but just the idea is incredibly impressive. No hauling and setting up gates for practice .. count lazyassed me in

EagleTree Vector SkyGates (beta) (0 min 55 sec)
Jan 11, 2017, 05:09 PM
Im a huge fan of the Vector for sure. Yep you can get rid of all the info on the screen and just have the airgates in your OSD. I agree, the Airgates is quite possibley the most original idea for the OSD in quite some time. Some guys complain that the gates drift a little on their screen. I have not noticed that to much. But remember that the gates are used by the gps and all gps will drift a little. Since ET has upgraded the gps unit to the V2, it uses gnass and gloss sats, so its much more accurate. I did RTH about 10 times when I first got mine and it landed approx 1-3 feet from the take off spot. Thats very good. My buddies mocked me for putting my micro Vector and gps on my home built ZMR250 racing quad. Now they all want one because of the air gates and speedometer. Now you can practice racing and you can put the gates anywhere you want. 50 feet off the ground, on top of houses and police stations, etc. Its like an FPV real life video game.
Jan 15, 2017, 01:03 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Is there a new gps module or is it using the v2 from the full-sized vector?
Jan 15, 2017, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoggyFPV
Is there a new gps module or is it using the v2 from the full-sized vector?
Mine came made to connect direct to the V2 GPS. My GPS V2 weighed in at 17.3 grams which is quite heavy as GPS units go. Maybe they will make a lightweight GPS unit.
Jan 15, 2017, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
I was never keen on Vector ... until they came out with Air SkyGates for it! I am ordering up a micro vector just for the air gates for my racing wing. hope I can chose to not have all that telemetry clutter on the screen though

OK I dunno if this is all that practical, but just the idea is incredibly impressive. No hauling and setting up gates for practice .. count lazyassed me in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOzBKuauGak
My suspicion is that the steady G forces that fixed wings experience while turning (most quad pilots just don't turn the same way), will result in
the airgates appearing significantly out of place, and if you try to place them near the ground, some will end up well above it, and some well
below (they will be aligned with the artificial horizon, which drifts quite a bit during turns).
Jan 16, 2017, 12:40 PM
fly by night
I notice the drifting in the videos yes. no idea how bad it is till I try it, I think. should be here in a couple days for me to try. Otherwise I just bought a very expensive ground speed indicator, LOL

(OK I could use it on a hex I have which I was thinking of putting a gimbal on)
Jan 28, 2017, 07:05 AM
I'm new to flight controllers (fixed wing), and have a very basic question about this controller.
I don't see a recommended OSD telemetry video transmitter/receiver listed for this anywhere. Do I need one for this specific controller, or are they generic, and be used from other systems (assuming compatible connectors)? I have a transmitter/receiver pair from a CC3D Revolution already. Could that be used if connectors match or are changed?
Thank you for your time, and help

Ed
Jan 30, 2017, 08:04 PM
Despite dire warnings from the instruction manual I put the micro Vector in a large plane (Xuav Talon) and was pleased with the results. With a little bit of fiddling with the gain knob I was able to get the micro vector flying what felt to me as the same as full-sized Vector.
Jan 30, 2017, 08:34 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed4353
I'm new to flight controllers (fixed wing), and have a very basic question about this controller.
I don't see a recommended OSD telemetry video transmitter/receiver listed for this anywhere. Do I need one for this specific controller, or are they generic, and be used from other systems (assuming compatible connectors)? I have a transmitter/receiver pair from a CC3D Revolution already. Could that be used if connectors match or are changed?
Thank you for your time, and help

Ed
you just need any vTx/vRx combo that is NTSC or PAL analog video transmission. Almost any common vtx/vrx. As far as connectors go - you need to be prepared to solder up your own connectivity (like most things in the FPV hobby)
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Jan 31, 2017 at 11:41 AM.
Jan 31, 2017, 07:40 AM
aka Zeal Aspen
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOzBKuauGak
I don't know about the music selection, but air gates without the physical equipment... count me in!
Perhaps racing events could provide a data link to a users FPV Heads-Up-Display (HUD) gear, and make the processing of the gates more streamlined. Video gaming is now making an impact on real life FPV racing... I really like this idea; a lot!
Jan 31, 2017, 06:20 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Can i use APM/PX4 GPS module and current sensor on Eagle Tree micro vector? I saw the sell it at HK but without GPS. I would love to have skygate feature on my quad and planes.
Last edited by ican3d; Jan 31, 2017 at 08:40 PM.
Jan 31, 2017, 06:38 PM
fly by night
got it all up and working will try to make a custom Skygates course and fly laps fly some laps

Feb 12, 2017, 01:18 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Quote:
got it all up and working will try to make a custom Skygates course and fly laps fly some laps

Nice. Had a chance to test the gates or get any flights in yet?