Skybench Osprey 900 - Page 2 - RC Groups
Feb 08, 2017, 12:01 AM
Excellent build!

Glad to hear that your maiden and subsequent flights turned out very well.
Last edited by HIR/Cer; Feb 12, 2017 at 02:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2017, 10:18 AM
Tom

This thread will be very helpful to others, your photos and text are excellent. Congratulations.

Flaps are very benifical, but it takes a learning curve to reap the full benefits. I competed with this design very successfully, learned when and how much to drop or reflex the flaps . Takes practice. Enjoy

Ray
Woodys Forever
Sky Bench
Feb 12, 2017, 10:07 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Excelent build Tom... another masterpiece to your collection... congratulations mate
Best regards.
Manolo.
Feb 13, 2017, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetwo
Excelent build Tom... another masterpiece to your collection... congratulations mate
Best regards.
Manolo.
Thank you, Manolo. It was a fun project!
Apr 16, 2017, 09:34 PM
I got several hours of flight time in today. The controls were a little sluggish. I added half an ounce of lead in the nose and that helped a lot. Either that or it was the placebo effect. Originally I had it balanced on the center of the spar.
I got to the field EARLY. 7:30am. So many short flights, but I got my landings dialed in. After things warmed flight times improved.
May 03, 2017, 08:56 AM
Beautifull job Tom, Congratulations.
I have a questions about report #1 pic n IMG_5184, when stabilicer is ready how do you attach it to piano wire? In other words you install both stabilicer through piano wirw and then...?
Thanks
Carlos
May 03, 2017, 09:37 AM
Carlos, I smear a little glue from a glue stick onto the front piece of piano wire. It will hold the wire in the tubes, but allow you to remove the wire without too much trouble. You could also wet the wire, let it rust, and allow the rust to hold the wire into the tubes.
Make sense?
May 03, 2017, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TScott1118
Carlos, I smear a little glue from a glue stick onto the front piece of piano wire. It will hold the wire in the tubes, but allow you to remove the wire without too much trouble. You could also wet the wire, let it rust, and allow the rust to hold the wire into the tubes.
Make sense?
Thanks Tom, the second options do not like me (wet+rust) but the glue stick looks better.
May 04, 2017, 01:22 AM
Gentlmen,
The glue stick usually works well if the wire is a close fit. I've had some over the years that the glus stick came loose on a hot day. On steel wire I would give it a very small bend about half way down the tube. A little harder to push on and off, but never came loose.

Ross
May 05, 2017, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborflyer
Gentlmen,
The glue stick usually works well if the wire is a close fit. I've had some over the years that the glus stick came loose on a hot day. On steel wire I would give it a very small bend about half way down the tube. A little harder to push on and off, but never came loose.

Ross
Excellent suggestion, Ross. Btw, I'm enjoying my 3m Gnome.