Jan 09, 2017, 07:38 PM
Contest

2017 Polecat ALES

Announcing the 2017 Polecat ALES Contest sponsored by the Lancaster Area Soaring Society.

Come and test your skills! Beginner ALES pilots are very welcome. We expect to see everything from foam aircraft to the latest and greatest molded ships. We hope to have our loyal friends from all over the US and Canada return to make more memories.

The event will be held June 16, 17, and 18, 2017 at the LASS field in Manheim, PA. The new venue is a large sports turf farm set in the beautiful farm country of Lancaster County. Acres and acres of beautiful grass!

The street address is 534 Graystone Road, Manheim, PA 17545. Visit our site at http://www.lassrc.org.
Local attractions and accomodations can be found at http://www.discoverlancaster.com or http://www.lancasterpa.com.

CDs will be Stew Swanson and Tim Kirkessner.

Cost is $55.00, payable at the field. Register here: https://goo.gl/forms/HyzJmoMD7xggrKKf2

60 pilot limit

There will be an F5J contest on Friday from 10am-5pm. There will be plenty of room for the contest and practice/fun flying.

The main event will be Saturday and Sunday. Awards to 3rd place each day and to 10th place overall. There will be 3 flyoff rounds for the top 10 overall contestants.

There will be coffee and donuts Saturday and Sunday. There will be 2 food vendors on site for lunch on Saturday and Sunday. We will have different varieties of pizzas, chips, and drinks for dinner.

Pilots meeting will be 8:30 am on Saturday and 8:00 on Sunday.

Camping will be permitted but no open fires. RVs and campers permitted but no hookups. Someone will be onsite starting Thursday morning to spot your rig.

Please post any questions on this thread.

Hope to see you there!
Last edited by dreisinger; Mar 15, 2017 at 07:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2017, 08:20 PM
Registered Pilot Roster

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
Jan 09, 2017, 08:36 PM
AMA7224 LSF1832
On board
Jan 09, 2017, 08:36 PM
powered by caffine
Dave
Is the F5J going to be registered as part of the tour or just F5J lite?
Jan 09, 2017, 08:42 PM
Glider Guider
Will be there flying
Jan 09, 2017, 08:43 PM
Thermal Hunter
Ready to ROCK

Jim
Jan 09, 2017, 10:21 PM
Sounds good . Let's fly !!!
Jan 09, 2017, 10:41 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
Huh. Missed last year see if I can work out a schedule. What about shipping models. To someone local. Is that possible ?
Jan 10, 2017, 06:41 AM
Rick Roberts
I'll be there, I've always had fun at the past polecats.

Is this an ESL event? If yes, just curious why registration isn't through the ESL website.

Rick
Jan 10, 2017, 07:02 AM
Dave, In view of the AMA/ALES rule changes this year could you give us an overview of the rules/options that you plan to use for this contest?
Jan 10, 2017, 09:58 AM
Hi Kerry,

I will defer to the CDs for that info. I will ask Stew to respond. Are there any particular rules you like him to address such as skegs and field boundaries? I know what the J rules will be on Friday.

Dave R.
Jan 10, 2017, 11:04 AM
We will be there! Can't wait!

Isabel & Ray
Jan 10, 2017, 11:05 AM
Tailspin

Rules Changes

If it is a sanctioned contest the new rule book will have to be followed other than exceptions spelled out on the sanction.

As Chair of the Soaring Board I can tell you that a couple of things have been published in error, mostly formatting so who cares but the one that is of importance is the 10 second rule is still shown but should not be. I still do not know how AMA will handle this as the powers to be are still in CA at the show.

Will know in a couple of weeks but until then it is still in there.

BTW, I did sign up. See you there.

Jack
Jan 10, 2017, 11:17 AM
Rick Roberts
Now it's an international event!

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabeld View Post
We will be there! Can't wait!

Isabel & Ray
Jan 10, 2017, 11:19 AM
Red Merle ALES
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiafret View Post
but the one that is of importance is the 10 second rule is still shown but should not be.

Jack
As in everyone launches at the exact same time or that the 10 second launch time can be extended by the CD?
Thanks for the insight.

Curtis