Jan 11, 2017, 03:18 PM
Gravity sucks.
Right. Remember though, those old Fox engines 4 stroked in level flight, and 2 stroked in aero.
So, you may actually have a quicker lap time on E power....
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2017, 03:49 PM
Thread OP
The guys flying nitro still set up for a 2/4 break. In electrics the governor function handles the load changes to provide consistent speed. I helped Bob Hunt with this when he went to the Worlds using electric the first time. The timer he used was actually a prototype for a product for Horizon that was never produced due to low interest. I still have a prototype on my desk at work. I did that before coming here full time.

Andy
Jan 11, 2017, 04:32 PM
Thread OP
TE and bellcrank mounting plate added.

Andy
Jan 13, 2017, 09:39 AM
Gravity sucks.
Right, the idea was consistent speeds throughout the pattern.
Are you gonna run a LH prop too?

Lhs has an esc timer w speed adjustment, not sure the brand. I think its from Brodak but not sure.
Jan 13, 2017, 10:39 AM
Thread OP
No need for reverse prop.

I ordered two Hubin FM-9s from Stunt Hangar.

Gary Wright is getting sucked in now too.

Andy
Jan 13, 2017, 11:48 AM
Kimbers Keeper.
1960 Sterling Flying Fool.

Electrified.

Just noticed it wasn't done in the picture, There was no interest in the build so I didn't do any pictures when
I finished it.

Last edited by BHOFM; Jan 13, 2017 at 11:54 AM.
Jan 14, 2017, 09:19 AM
Gravity sucks.
I understand the lh prop helps keep lines tight compared to rh..torque. Bob runs lh on his stuff now.
Jan 14, 2017, 06:52 PM
I plan to build a sig twister but with some of the fancher mods and a couple of my own. Have a Hubin FM-9 timer on the way, along with a handle and a 4" bellcrank. It's been well over 20+ years since I've went around in circles, so I don't know where my old hot rock red handles are

We go to florida next weekend, for a week, so it may be a while before I get started. Andy has prodded me to get some pictures for a thread when I do.
Still gotta figure out the power system. been researching, and I remember I liked 5.2~5.4 lap times for the right speed so I gotta figure out which motor to use out of the huge pile in my workshop. A bit of math tells me I need to spin the 11X5.5 apc"E" somewhere in the low to mid 10K range, so considering the governer I'll need something that'll spin it 11K-ish at full throttle,......... oh the head is hurting allready

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
No need for reverse prop.

I ordered two Hubin FM-9s from Stunt Hangar.

Gary Wright is getting sucked in now too.

Andy
Latest blog entry: blog
Jan 14, 2017, 07:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHOFM
1960 Sterling Flying Fool.

Electrified.

Just noticed it wasn't done in the picture, There was no interest in the build so I didn't do any pictures when I finished it.
Sorry to hear you lost interest. I wondered why we hadn't seen more updates.

Andy
Jan 14, 2017, 07:19 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Sorry to hear you lost interest. I wondered why we hadn't seen more updates.

Andy
I didn't loose interest, the thread just died.
Jan 14, 2017, 07:47 PM
Thread OP
Never mistake a lack of posts by others as a lack of interest by readers.

I only ever comment in a handful of the threads I follow every day. And I know for sure that that is the normal habit of most members.

Andy
Jan 15, 2017, 02:17 AM
Kimbers Keeper.
Andy, There is a post on the audio volume of video adds for RC products. It has more posts than
any of my build threads. I spend hours designing, building, testing a plane. Do a bunch of pictures,
a flight video, and the thread goes to page 9 with no comments.

I am ranting on your thread, sorry, I may miss spell a few words, that gets lots of comments, or
drag out a 16 year old thread about something that you can't find or buy now.
Jan 27, 2017, 05:22 PM
RoyalAustralianEasyMoneyE arner
G'day Andy, thanks so much for "logging" this build, several of these were built by a group of us flying control line ~1993 when I lived in Townsville Queensland Australia, it was built using the plan from a magazine that was only 1/2 scale (from memory) so we doubled all of the dimensions, I powered mine using a OS 20.
Fortunately I've been able to keep all of the info that I had on this model (the old plan and build instructions) I've recently searched high and low for the full size plan and up till now I've come up empty handed, I've even sent the info that had on it to Steve and Mary at OZ believing that it may have been lost for ever.
I'm probably not telling you anything that you don't already know when I say that it leaps off the ground, flies beautifully and loops in nice circular "loops"
Please keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to some pics of the finished model.

Cheers for now and all the best
RZ
Jan 27, 2017, 05:34 PM
Thread OP
Thanks. I'm getting back strength in my arm and hope to be able to continue construction this coming week. I don't think I'm quite ready yet. I have operated a manual can opener, so it won't be long until I can bend the legs and pushrod again.

I'd love to see some of your work.

Andy
Jan 27, 2017, 05:44 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHOFM
Andy, There is a post on the audio volume of video adds for RC products. It has more posts than
any of my build threads. I spend hours designing, building, testing a plane. Do a bunch of pictures,
a flight video, and the thread goes to page 9 with no comments.

I am ranting on your thread, sorry, I may miss spell a few words, that gets lots of comments, or
drag out a 16 year old thread about something that you can't find or buy now.
Don't stop building due to lack of interest in the community. If you love what you do, do it because of that... not because of lack of posts in a build thread. There's one guy in question that constantly posts videos of him flying off a beach. Almost no one ever comments on his videos but that doesn't stop him from recording, uploading, and posting the videos. Don't let that stop you.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Andy. I'll shut up now.

Quick Reply