BAT-SAFE - The Lipo Charging Solution

The lipo charging solution - Worth MORE than any insurance.

Splash

BAT-SAFE has a new solution for safe and confident lipo charging.

As batteries and chargers are getting more and more powerful and more and more people are getting into the hobby, the odds of battery accidents are increasing by the second. Tom Mast who is an aviation engineer, innovator and drone enthusiast teamed up with manufacturer Mike Binder (Roban) to create a solution to help with safely charging and storing Lipo batteries. The BAT-SAFE is a 12x9x7 inch insulated box designed to house the batteries during vulnerable times. This isolated double walled steel box can hold up to 12S 5000 mAh batteries. The charger stays outside the box, as your batteries are separated and placed inside away from danger of a lipo fire if something bad were to happen.

For more information on the new BAT-SAFE click here.

Info

• Charge and store up to 12S 5Ah (222Wh)
  • 12x9x7 inches storage area

BAT-SAFE (3 min 5 sec)

Last edited by ndfly700; Jan 09, 2017 at 05:41 PM..
Old Jan 10, 2017, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by Frank Hurd
Lipoly Killer
I have one and it is great!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Looks like a well design product. Is it steel lined inside?.. if so that might be a bit of an oversight as causing shorts while connecting and disconnecting might be an issue.

Personally i'd need a bigger version, suitcase size to suit my parallel charging requirements!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by Freeskiken
I have one and it works great.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 01:10 PM
Find More Posts by killickb
killickb
Having approx 60 "large, high density" packs of which 15 are 6 x 5000, 12 are 4 x 4000 and 6 are 5 x 5000 , I need safe storage not safe charge capability as I do that, usually in parallel, in my driveway or at the field. With an internal size of 9.5 x 6.5 x 4, I estimate I could safely store 6 packs per Bat-Safe. At $49 a pop not an inexpensive investment required.

My other thought is what happens with six packs stored in this box and one goes off ? Will it contain the fire/smoke ?

As it turns out a friend had a Lipo fire in his garage just last week ---was on a charge cycle but don't know the details yet -- major house damage was water damage from the Fire Dep't. Estimate three months before he can move back in.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:45 PM
Find More Posts by Zoomer-Ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb View Post
Having approx 60 "large, high density" packs of which 15 are 6 x 5000, 12 are 4 x 4000 and 6 are 5 x 5000 , I need safe storage not safe charge capability as I do that, usually in parallel, in my driveway or at the field. With an internal size of 9.5 x 6.5 x 4, I estimate I could safely store 6 packs per Bat-Safe. At $49 a pop not an inexpensive investment required.

My other thought is what happens with six packs stored in this box and one goes off ? Will it contain the fire/smoke ?

As it turns out a friend had a Lipo fire in his garage just last week ---was on a charge cycle but don't know the details yet -- major house damage was water damage from the Fire Dep't. Estimate three months before he can move back in.
Barry,

I am using 30mm steel ammo cans for storage, with up to 6 big packs in a can. Theory is that a fire would be extinguished due to lack of air.
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM
MK
Find More Posts by MK
MK
I think lipo fires can burn without air.
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM
Find More Posts by RaisedByWolves
Super BRO Bro..........Bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer-Ron View Post
Barry,

I am using 30mm steel ammo cans for storage, with up to 6 big packs in a can. Theory is that a fire would be extinguished due to lack of air.
Not only do lipos supply their own oxygen, if you have the seals in those cans you have made a pretty powerful bomb.
Old Today, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by Hossinarizona
More Speed Indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer-Ron View Post
Barry,

You need to drill a few holes in the bottom of your cans, otherwise they are a bomb waiting to explode, and Lipos do NOT need air to continue to burn.
Old Today, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by HGhost
Eye in the Sky
well truth is Lipo fires have decreased...not increased over the years....even with larger batts from what i have read

I saw a video of someone who used simple plasterboard and it did an excellent job when a battery was intentionally set ablaze inside it .

they made their own battery storage unit to house all their batteries in, even when charging.

Mine are all stored in Lipo safe bags and in metal containers and no they are not sealed...