AMA Expo West 2017 - RCGroups Photo Flood!

RCGroups reviewer Mike McDougall was on the ground in Ontario California for the 2017 AMA Expo. Let's take a look at all the photos from this three day showing of R/C force!

Splash

Greetings From the Ontario Convention Center

AMA Expo West 2017 is in the books! There was a great showing this year of rc manufacturers and retailers, with plenty of new model eye-candy to feast the eyes upon. RCGroups reviewer Mike McDougall (kingsflyer) was in attendance with his family, and took time away to provide us with plenty of photos from booths, the judging tables, general floor shots, and the demo flying sessions.

Take a look at the products on display from these highlighted vendors below, and the rest of the photos as well!

Extreme Flight

Flex Innovations

HiTEC

Horizon Hobby

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jan 09, 2017 at 11:08 AM..
Jan 09, 2017, 10:45 AM
AMA 372805
Looks like NorthWest RC (hidden in the Extreme Flight section) put together a nice display.
Jan 09, 2017, 09:42 PM
Can anyone tell me what plane this is and what company makes it? DSC_0986.jpg
8 rows down 3 to the right on the post from Matt Gunn
Thanks
Jan 09, 2017, 10:23 PM
Ninja Master
That's a Luscombe 10 in DSC_0986. Only one prototype was ever built, never went into production. As for the model, I can only imagine it's a scratch built model, can't imagine anyone ever kitting that. If I'm not mistaken, he's been displaying that model at the show for years.
Jan 09, 2017, 11:36 PM
DFS#000178
I almost bought one of the little Turbo Dusters.

I was sold on the 50% off Maxford Swift with the retracts pre-installed, though. A buddy of mine picked up an 81" Dauntless from JB-Hobby. Got it for $100 off the retail price. Not shabby!

It was a great show!

What day were these taken? I was there Saturday morning and it was a lot more packed. I didn't see the Flex Innovations booth.
Jan 10, 2017, 07:38 AM
ARFs Are Me
The Luscombe caught my eye, too. If anybody has the specifics on this model, it would be interesting to know them.
Jan 14, 2017, 02:52 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Most of the pictures were shot early Saturday morning before the doors opened to the public. Some of the vendors had their displays covered up so I could not get shots of their products. When the Expo opened up, there were a lot of folks on the floor and in the Swap Shop areas. I took some general crowd shots to try and give the feel of the event. It was difficult to capture the action in the flying area as the lighting was so poor, but I got a couple of decent pictures.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Jan 14, 2017, 09:45 PM
characters welcome!
Nice surprise running into you, Mike! Glad you could be there!

mw
Jan 14, 2017, 10:31 PM
I may go to the AMA show in the east. How much stuff is for sale by the vendors?
Jan 16, 2017, 01:47 PM
Electrons n' I Don't Get Along
The luscombe model 10 is what really grabbed my attention. I'd love to see some footage of it flying if anybody knows where to dig. Got to see the full scale one flying around this summer.
Jan 16, 2017, 03:48 PM
A man with too many toys
AMA Air Episode 17 - AMA Expo West! (14 min 32 sec)
Jan 17, 2017, 08:47 AM
MK
MK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathursharad View Post
I may go to the AMA show in the east. How much stuff is for sale by the vendors?
This will show you the vendors.

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/ama.../vendors-east/

As you can see, not as many as Expo West.
Jan 19, 2017, 07:01 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood View Post
Nice surprise running into you, Mike! Glad you could be there!

mw
I got to meet several of my favorite folks at the EXPO. You did a great job herding the cats at the flying area. I was also impress with your takedown post on FB.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Jan 19, 2017, 08:24 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Nice meeting you and great pics!
Andy

I snuck out to Chino and got to climb all over this bad boy.....