Thread Tools
Oct 02, 2017, 10:13 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
webbsolution's Avatar
ive been out 4 or 5 times with my Vortex 3 and NXT - zero range issues or warnings. If we get the group together and re create that scenario we will certainly have to see if we can find the radio in question...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2017, 10:33 PM
Registered User
Provotech's Avatar
Stay away from the Snipe! In
Oct 03, 2017, 07:11 AM
ThomasLee's Avatar
Dear overlords of the SASS empire, is there any possibility to have the monthly in April/May to be the weekend before Poway?
Loyal underling
Thomas
Oct 03, 2017, 09:03 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
webbsolution's Avatar
While I cant speak to the schedule I think the more unpredictable thing is weather during that period...we can plan all we want but its a really risky time concerning weather.
Oct 03, 2017, 09:19 AM
Registered User
mgallian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution
ive been out 4 or 5 times with my Vortex 3 and NXT - zero range issues or warnings. If we get the group together and re create that scenario we will certainly have to see if we can find the radio in question...
You could narrow your search to folks there on Friday. Less people. John and myself will be at the upcoming PASS. If the problem happens there , or doesn't, that may eliminate two radios. Personally, I wonder about the electric fence in close proximity to the field. Northern Lights? Sasquatch? (Sorry I digressed on the last two)
Mario
Last edited by mgallian; Oct 03, 2017 at 09:25 AM.
Oct 03, 2017, 09:21 AM
Blind Hawk
rdjay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
Dear overlords of the SASS empire, is there any possibility to have the monthly in April/May to be the weekend before Poway?
Loyal underling
Thomas
What's in it for us?

Seriously we might just be able to accommodate. The schedule starts getting put together around the first of the year, will see what we can do.

Rj
Oct 03, 2017, 09:22 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
webbsolution's Avatar
But its possible that we could have been effected by someone on the sidelines in any effected round just tuning his model...
Oct 03, 2017, 09:43 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
webbsolution's Avatar
Which brings me to another question in my mind...

Through the consistent contest direction of the Ricks, consistent attendance of pilots from all over the US and a location that while currently has some tenuous moments is awesome this club has created a contest scene that must rival most clubs in the US. While the Bruce was flying - we had more pilots for our two day event...that means a well advertised event with some bling could easily gain 50 pilots potentially and we are not even considering making it an FAI event which might attract some top pilots from Europe, Nz etc.

Is there an appetite for such an undertaking?





Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjay
What's in it for us?

Seriously we might just be able to accommodate. The schedule starts getting put together around the first of the year, will see what we can do.

Rj
Oct 03, 2017, 09:51 AM
ThomasLee's Avatar
Nick and fam are going to be in Vancouver checking out the city for a few days, if there's a contest at SASS the weekend before Poway we'll hit that before we take a roadtrip down to sunny Socal. Obviously if it doesn't work out that's no problem too, we can stop by SASS for a fun fly and would be just as happy.
Oct 03, 2017, 01:02 PM
Matt Haugh
hoffboy's Avatar
Owen and I are planning to make the drive up. Wish the weekend forecast was a little rosier, but there's still time for the high pressure to shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjay
Bunch of over achievers you all are

Ok, roll call, whos a comin out to play?

Rick J
Burton A
Barry D
Hedge 1
Hedge 2
Dave W
Dave B
Chris B
Tom P
Lawrence D
Heath P
Michael F (pencil)
Tim J
Chris S
Roy N

Rj
Oct 03, 2017, 01:30 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
webbsolution's Avatar
lol @ road trip - thats 2300 KM dude. Depending on the vehicle you use for that trip you might spend as much on gas as you would a cheap plane ticket...for example my truck gets 30 MPG and it would take about $600 in fuel to drive to Poway and back home ...return airfare 450 C after car rental its about the same price but you dont arrive at the field like a zombie from the drive.
Oct 03, 2017, 01:48 PM
Blind Hawk
rdjay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution
Which brings me to another question in my mind...

Is there an appetite for such an undertaking?
Appetite? Yes. Energy alone? No. In my opinion something at this level takes 4 - 6 people committed to putting it together/pulling it off. Line up sponsors, make trophies, tee shirts, hats, dedicated score person(s), field set up, housing (hotels), etc, etc. More effort than I and Burton are willing to put forth.

That said, if a "committee" comes together of people willing to step up, I think it would be awesome and I'd be all in.

Let's chat about it Saturday.

Rj
Oct 03, 2017, 02:58 PM
Registered User
Roy_N's Avatar
The rumor according to facebook is this Saturday is RJ's birthday. Who's bringing the cake?
Oct 03, 2017, 04:41 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
webbsolution's Avatar
Totally agree. I am interested in helping with sponsors - field set up etc - I am generally interested in helping pull this off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjay
Appetite? Yes. Energy alone? No. In my opinion something at this level takes 4 - 6 people committed to putting it together/pulling it off. Line up sponsors, make trophies, tee shirts, hats, dedicated score person(s), field set up, housing (hotels), etc, etc. More effort than I and Burton are willing to put forth.

That said, if a "committee" comes together of people willing to step up, I think it would be awesome and I'd be all in.

Let's chat about it Saturday.

Rj
Oct 04, 2017, 10:22 AM
Registered User

Sat


I plan to attend, and will bring Mark, yippee. Will lunch be available?

Jonathan


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools