Jun 13, 2017, 02:50 PM
What a great day for a contest. We ran the gamut of conditions, except for the dreaded wind. And the turn out just keeps getting better. I like to see the youth coming out. Hopefully they will want to be regulars. Thanks to Rick J and Burton for the CD duties and Bret for the chuck wagon fare. John L., nice job on the field. Thanks to my timers too and kudos to the guys who traveled from out of town.
My favorite of the day was watching DB tickle the upper tree leaves over by the horse barn, scratch and claw for minutes before “DB Skyout”!
It felt good to be back flying again after a few contest absences, but my back is still sore from throwing. See you next time.
TJ
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2017, 09:36 PM
Matt Haugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghedgehogs
Multiple Hedgehogs might be there, if we can find a hotel...
We're going to hit the air show on Sunday. http://olympicairshow.com/
Jun 13, 2017, 09:39 PM
Matt Haugh
I got three confirmed for Saturday , plus however many hedgehogs show. Who else is in?
Last edited by hoffboy; Jun 14, 2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Changed Sunday to Saturday.
Jun 13, 2017, 11:02 PM
iVoid Warranties
Should be three hedgehogs, we all have flying planes now..
Hope the blood pressure raising Flitzs come out okay..
Jun 14, 2017, 09:30 AM
Does anyone in the Seattle area have any used DLGs they would be willing to part with? I'm a beginner, still learning how to fly my Radian without crashing. I think that DLGs look like fun, but I need a starter that will likely get crashed a lot while learning, and I thought that maybe a used plane that folks have outgrown and has been repaired a few (or a lot of ) times might be the best way to go. I also saw suggestions for a whipit, so if nobody has anything better I am considering going that route to learn (at least it is cheap to replace). I started a thread on SASS, and Burton suggested that this thread might be a good place to ask. (Thanks, Burton!)
Jun 14, 2017, 03:13 PM
I was planning on coming Saturday.
Jun 14, 2017, 03:29 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Williamson
Does anyone in the Seattle area have any used DLGs they would be willing to part with? I'm a beginner, still learning how to fly my Radian without crashing. I think that DLGs look like fun, but I need a starter that will likely get crashed a lot while learning, and I thought that maybe a used plane that folks have outgrown and has been repaired a few (or a lot of ) times might be the best way to go. I also saw suggestions for a whipit, so if nobody has anything better I am considering going that route to learn (at least it is cheap to replace). I started a thread on SASS, and Burton suggested that this thread might be a good place to ask. (Thanks, Burton!)
Build a Mountain Models DL-50 - cheap & easy & sturdy. Once you get it & the Radian up & down safely all the time, it will be time for a more fragile regular DLG.
BP
Jun 14, 2017, 09:50 PM
Rick Rogahn
I have a model, but I don't think it's the right fit for a beginner. I would suggest you go with a Wright Brothers Gambler, but it doesn't sound like it is a thing anymore . DL50 is a good option as well.
Jun 15, 2017, 12:48 AM
Guys,

It's hard to get the right amount of food, without knowing if you are planning to attend.

Would it be better if we just put the contest on the F3K vault, and people could just sign up? (actually might be on there now, if Matt received the paperwork). But for now, please just post a reply. By the way, While we know some peoples user name, we don't know all, so please include name with your "yes or try to" post.

I believe this is going to be a "seeded" contest. When rounds are seeded, the junior and sportsmen contestants will have an opportunity to have the better fliers time and mentor them. That's what we like to focus on.

I've got one of my "loaner" models back, so it's available for a "loaner" to a beginner wanabee dlg flyer. So let folks know, or have them PM to me or Matt.
Last edited by GaryO; Jun 15, 2017 at 12:56 AM.
Jun 15, 2017, 01:09 AM
Well I'm planning to participate Saturday!

Eric E
Jun 15, 2017, 01:10 AM
Well, I'm planning to participate Saturday!

Eric E
Jun 15, 2017, 01:13 AM
oops.
Jun 15, 2017, 01:15 AM
We met ChrisG and Pete out at 60A today. I got both of them to try flying one of my DLGs, you know just enough to get them hooked.

Chris was there to meet up with Ken and ended up picking up a nice Storm and a new TX from him!
Jun 15, 2017, 01:53 AM
Rick Rogahn
I'm out of town this weekend, does that help Gary? .
Jun 15, 2017, 08:07 PM
rick,

thanks.

gg

Quick Reply