New GyrOne - RC Groups
Jan 08, 2017, 04:42 AM
Question

New GyrOne

Hi Guys

I've recently got a the new style GyrOne, but didn't get a manual or setup details with it, I've sorta worked out what power requirements it needs from the Ladbrokes hobbies specs data, the one important question is what's the Hang angle?
and using a pusher (normal prop In reverse turning clockwise looking from behind) will it need a few mm of offset?
I believe experimental models doesn't seem to exist now so cant seem to find any setup information movements on head etc.
I've been flying gyros for couple of years especially the LA500 from la heli which flies fantastic, So I Kind of know the ropes on flying them.

if anyone got one of these flying would it be possible to help me out?

Cheers.

Sy
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2017, 05:43 AM
G'Day Sy
Yes you are going to need a little offset on the motor.I don't know if you are aware of the set up procedure? but if you look at Jockens video...you will see that the model is suspended from the rotor and secured from the undersidel.
It is a matter of moving the motor from the center position to the right untill you can get the model to pull straight ahead on full throttle.
Happy landings
Chris...<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o2czz2XHPNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Feb 07, 2017, 02:24 AM
Hi Sy,

I have an original gyrone with a full set of instructions, but they don't help a lot.
I'm happy to send a pic of the relevant details you require, but I have mine set up so that when it is sat on it's wheels the head angle is 6 degrees up with a max deviation of 0 degrees down and 10 degrees up. Left and right are both 6 degrees. Those are max deflections and you definitely do not need more than that. Luckily the Gyrone isn't too sensitive to c of g position, but I fly with the recommended battery as far back as I can get it.

I have just fitted an eagle tree guardian 3 axis, self levelling gyro to see how it works on an autogyro. I'll let you know how it goes!
Feb 07, 2017, 05:58 AM
Sy the Gyrone Mk3 is a lot easier to fly than the LA 500.
I haven't flow the new Mk 3 with the pilot only the first ones MK1
The only problem I have is the cost of rotor blades when I have any tip overs
Need to try the single bolt conversion
I still have three Mk1 models one unflown and two I have flown regularly up to a year ago when I moved house and don't have access to a runway
Joe
May 06, 2017, 05:06 AM
Thanks Guy's sorry for a very late reply, I think i will go with the one bolt shear pin mod, as blades seem to be rare to find for this at least i will have a chance in case of a tipover. fettler thanks for the info its a starting point :-D and britinoz will look at the video of the motor setup cheers.
Sy