Jan 17, 2017, 09:54 AM
The OSD comes from the spedix flight control board, not the camera imho.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2017, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
The OSD comes from the spedix flight control board, not the camera imho.
Thank you, brother!
Jan 17, 2017, 10:24 AM
Zoomie,

When you changed to new motors, did you have to do any PID reprogramming in cleanflight? I am considering changing motors in the future if these ones go out.

Also, what does going to Betaflight provide you over Cleanflight?
Jan 17, 2017, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignoEleven View Post
Zoomie,

When you changed to new motors, did you have to do any PID reprogramming in cleanflight? I am considering changing motors in the future if these ones go out.

Also, what does going to Betaflight provide you over Cleanflight?
Disclaimer. I am new to quads so remember that most of my yapping is based on opinion.

I swapped out stock motors for the inexpensive Racerstar 2205's. The ones with the collar built on to the bell. I'll pull my spares and get exact model.

I am running original PIDs right now and have no shaking, oscillations or jello. As of this moment I leaving it alone to get 10 or so packs through it before getting serious about tweaking PIDs. Im focused on Rate flying skills for now.

Betaflight seems to have better stock PIDs. Or better to me. My scratch build feels great. Extremely
Predictable. Very surgical in flight. It just feels better.

While some of this is likely component related, some of it is clearly PIDs and Rates.

One of the bonuses is that you can experiment with rates and Expo and then control an on screen quad to see how it responds to your stick commands. It's like an electronic test drive.

Lots of people still swear by CL. That said, I think Betaflight may help.
Jan 17, 2017, 10:59 AM
Did you keep the stock ESCs and just replaced the motor?

I too am trying to learn to fly in Rate/Acro mode. It's challenging but fun.
Jan 17, 2017, 11:09 AM
Yes, stock ESC's. I'm trying to avoid changing out stuff. If a bunch of upgrades are really needed, it defeats the purpose of a value bnf.

Grab the free version of FPV Freerider. Depending on which transmitter you can buy an inexpensive dongle to use your transmitter.

I've been using it on Acro and High rates. If you learn to fly the sim, a real quad is easy for normal cruising around.

I have killed thousands of dollars in quads on that sim. It's helped tremendously.
Jan 17, 2017, 03:52 PM
Helplessly addicted to FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie517 View Post
What we don't or I don't know is if the cam is driving OSD or it's coming from somewhere else.
I was wondering this myself. I'll shoot an e-mail over to HeliDirect, where I bought my BK210 from and ask them that. I was in contact with them about my camera problems and they seem to think, that it truly is a busted camera that I received with my quad and they are sending me a new one. Good stuff.
Jan 17, 2017, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingolfer View Post
I was wondering this myself. I'll shoot an e-mail over to HeliDirect, where I bought my BK210 from and ask them that. I was in contact with them about my camera problems and they seem to think, that it truly is a busted camera that I received with my quad and they are sending me a new one. Good stuff.
Good to hear. In my case, it's just crappy.
Jan 18, 2017, 02:17 PM
Helplessly addicted to FPV
Yea, that sucks. They're sending me an HS1177 camera, so I'm hoping that the OSD truly comes from the control board. I'm so new to this quad, that I don't even know the original camera's specs (ie. voltage input range etc.). I don't know if the HS1177 comes with the same harness/plug that the stock cam uses or if I am going to have to do some soldering...we'll see.
Jan 18, 2017, 02:42 PM
You're way ahead of the game with an hs1177.
Jan 18, 2017, 04:44 PM
mdv
mdv
I read at readymaderc there is a minimosd. It may be integrated into the fc.
Jan 19, 2017, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv View Post
I read at readymaderc there is a minimosd. It may be integrated into the fc.
Thanks ! I'm going to swap out a cam this morning. I guess we'll find out shortly. I don't want to be forced to do any rewiring.
Jan 19, 2017, 08:55 AM
Well this interesting. Swapping cams on the 210. Have a four pin coming out of the FC. Hot, God, yellow for vid. Is the white OSD?

The Swift RR only has a 3 pin connector with black red yellow. OSD is a separate connector with an additional ground.

So cam may be driving OSD.

I'm splicing in a 3 pin. We shall know shortly.
Jan 19, 2017, 09:45 AM
Ok, as someone stated previously, OSD appears to be coming from the board. I hooked up hot ground and vid. OSD was there. I'll verify today after running a couple of packs.

The swift RR is amazing compared to the stock cam, for anyone that cares.
Jan 20, 2017, 04:27 AM
Well, after running 8 packs yesterday and having the time of my life, I have a problem. The cam picture is phenomenal of the Swift RR. That said, I'm getting wavy line interference. Power to the cam coming directly off of the board. Clearly unfiltered. I did read that Swifts are sensitive to e noise and require filtered power. SO I either have to add a pololu, or maybe pull the cam and switch it to an HS 1177 as others have used them and had no interference.

Ill simmer on it a bit.