Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 13, 2017, 11:18 PM
If it's R/C, I'm in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingolfer View Post
Thanks.

Cool. Someone was saying, that the 210 does not seem to like bullnosed props, so I got some HQ 5045 2-blades to replace the stock ones when they break and also got some DAL 5040 Triblades for some more aggressive flying. Can't wait.

Good to hear that the FR632 works well, as I ordered one and should have it tomorrow! BTW: what type of battery do you run in the receiver? I got an 800mah 3s to power it for now...

For sure. I got a 3s 1550 and a 4s 1300 to test out. I just realized though, that my 10-year-old hobbico charger does not even charge 4s! Crap. New Charger time. Luckily I can use the old power supply when I get the new charger....
You're very welcome. Glad I could help... even if just a little.

Yeah, sounds like the motors on the BK might not be quite as robust as the old S250's SunnySkys. So, I probably won't be running BN props on mine either.

I have my FR632 integrated into a Quanum V2 Goggle, and power the whole thing from just a 2S 500 most of the time. This gives me at least 30 minutes, and keeps the goggles light/comfortable on my head. Unless you're also powering a display with it, your runtime should be much longer. I also think the lower voltage may allow the FR632 to run a tad cooler, since it's internal regulator shouldn't have to work as hard. But that's just a theory. I could be wrong.

As for chargers... A new series from iSDT has been getting a lot of attention lately. I don't have one myself, since I don't need another charger right now, but their features are impressive for for money. So, they are tempting me anyway! Just something to consider, since you already have a PSU to power it. The (new) mid-sized model appears to be on sale for $60 right now, at the cheapest place I've seen it advertised...
http://www.banggood.com/ISDT-Q6-Plus...p-1103946.html
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2017, 05:16 AM
Helplessly addicted to FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Owl View Post
As for chargers... A new series from iSDT has been getting a lot of attention lately. I don't have one myself, since I don't need another charger right now, but their features are impressive for for money. So, they are tempting me anyway! Just something to consider, since you already have a PSU to power it. The (new) mid-sized model appears to be on sale for $60 right now, at the cheapest place I've seen it advertised...
http://www.banggood.com/ISDT-Q6-Plus...p-1103946.html
Yea. I'm probably going to get an iSDT charger. They seem nice for the price. Can you suggest a power supply to go with that Q6? I need a new power supply too, because my old one will only put out 2.5A to the charger.
Last edited by fingolfer; Jan 14, 2017 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Additional info
Jan 14, 2017, 03:49 PM
If it's R/C, I'm in!
Quote:
Yea. I'm probably going to get an iSDT charger. They seem nice for the price. Can you suggest a power supply to go with that Q6? I need a new power supply too, because my old one will only put out 2.5A to the charger.
Since high current power supplies tend to be quite expensive, I converted a couple retired computer PSUs for my chargers. The mod is really simple and requires only basic soldering skill and a few connectors of your choice (usually 4mm banana jacks). Since old/recycled computers are easy to come by, this option is almost free! Not only do they provide sufficient power for the small-scale hobbyists (typically 200+ Watts), but they can also provide other voltages to power other devices/chargers. Most have internal power rails for 3.3V, 5V, & 12V, and you can actually use a combination of those to get intermediate voltages. There are MANY tutorials on the net, but I'd be happy to answer any questions if you decide to go this route. Just PM me, so we don't keep this thread off topic.
Jan 15, 2017, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Owl View Post
Just PM me, so we don't keep this thread off topic.
Good point. Thanks.
Jan 15, 2017, 10:12 AM

VTx problems

So, my FR632 receiver and goggles seem to be working great, but I'm assuming I have a problem with my VTx on the BK210. I'm on the exact channels, but I'm getting a distorted image. The distortions depend on the channel I'm on. Some channels come back as a negative image (colors inverted) or on some it seems like perfect color in the corner, but the image is distorted and stretched diagonally. Sometimes I can see a corner of the image perfectly while the rest of the screen looks distorted. When I touched the camera and moved it around, I noticed that when I would place my finger over the entire camera lense, the image would focus and I could see the osd almost perfectly (distorted to one side a little). I wonder if I'm getting distortion from electrical equipment or something? KnightOwl did mention some people having problems with an audio pin that would cause distortion. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I am impatient and am itching to try some FPV!

Edit:
The more I mess with it, the more I think that there is something up with the camera itself. The only variations in picture quality occur when I move the camera around...

Edit2: does it matter which the camera is set to NTSC or PAL? (Little white swith in back of camera)
Last edited by fingolfer; Jan 15, 2017 at 03:04 PM.
Jan 15, 2017, 03:26 PM
If it's R/C, I'm in!
Quote:
So, my FR632 receiver and goggles seem to be working great, but I'm assuming I have a problem with my VTx on the BK210. I'm on the exact channels, but I'm getting a distorted image. The distortions depend on the channel I'm on. Some channels come back as a negative image (colors inverted) or on some it seems like perfect color in the corner, but the image is distorted and stretched diagonally. Sometimes I can see a corner of the image perfectly while the rest of the screen looks distorted. When I touched the camera and moved it around, I noticed that when I would place my finger over the entire camera lense, the image would focus and I could see the osd almost perfectly (distorted to one side a little). I wonder if I'm getting distortion from electrical equipment or something? KnightOwl did mention some people having problems with an audio pin that would cause distortion. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I am impatient and am itching to try some FPV!

Edit:
The more I mess with it, the more I think that there is something up with the camera itself. The only variations in picture quality occur when I move the camera around...

Edit2: does it matter which the camera is set to NTSC or PAL? (Little white swith in back of camera)
It sounds like a camera problem to me too. I don't know exactly what distortion you'd get by mixing NTSC/PAL signals, but suspect it's even worse than what you're seeing. However, it is imperative you match this setting between your camera and display. Since NTSC is the standard in the USA, I suggest trying that intially.
Jan 15, 2017, 04:22 PM
I have tried every setting imagineable. Next I will get a new camera and plug it in to see if it is the camera itself that is the culprit. Any suggestions on a better camera that's plug-and-play and uses the same mount as the stock camera?
Jan 15, 2017, 04:28 PM
This is the view I see:
-more distorted image-> camera sitting by itself
- osd in view-> covering the lense with my finger
Jan 16, 2017, 04:04 PM
well I use bullnosed props on my 210 , DYS Bull Nose T5045
the strange vibration went away when I put them on.
I have 20 or so flight with them , I use a 4 cell and a 3 cell .
Jan 17, 2017, 05:22 AM
Hello everyone. Just catching up.

Spent some time on the BK210 yesterday. Beautiful 66 degree day here in East Tennessee. And I forced myself to fly Rate mode. My Simulator time seems to be helping tremendously. I find it far easier to fly the 210 in Rate/Acro versus the simulator.

I can say that I do not care for the camera in this. I'm either having an issue with the cam or the Vtx although I suspect the cam to be the culprit. I was flying a wide cut hay field just working on smooth turns. I had lots of snow in the googles at times as well as the camera having a very difficult time with the overcast day. It took forever for it to adjust from bright haze to normal light levels. Ive got a number of cams that I purchased for future builds. Even have a few Vtx lying around. I'll do a swap prior to the end of the week. I'll even swap the antenna.

Also, I can say that my oscillation issue is completely gone after swapping the stock motors out for some Racerstars I had.

Finally, I'm seriously considering moving the 210 to BF. But its flying really well right now and I hate to risk messing it up by having a difficult time flashing. This said, BF stock PiDs are crazy good. My scratch build is simply amazing right off the build table.

To be clear, I am finally bonding with this quad and really enjoying it. I was able to focus on my craptacular flying skills yester and not be constantly paying attention to quad behavior.

Even with the trouble shooting, I think this is a really fun quad.
Jan 17, 2017, 09:14 AM
I really do not understand why Spedix and others continue to supply these with crappy cmos cameras. They are fpv-flyable, even with the jello, but a better quality ccd camera would be a much better alternative imho.
Jan 17, 2017, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I really do not understand why Spedix and others continue to supply these with crappy cmos cameras. They are fpv-flyable, even with the jello, but a better quality ccd camera would be a much better alternative imho.
I wholeheartedly agree. Plenty of cheap cams out that could be sourced and have far superior viewing.
Jan 17, 2017, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie517 View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. Plenty of cheap cams out that could be sourced and have far superior viewing.
Any suggestions on a Plug-and-Play upgrade camera? I'm looking to try one out to see if I can get my FPV feed working.
Jan 17, 2017, 09:45 AM
Fin, I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to sacrifice one of my really good cams, or source something that I don't mind potentially tearing up.

Currently I'm sitting on a couple of Swift RR Specials, a Runcam Eagle in 16x9, and an XAT600/1177. Ill summer in it today since I can't wrench until tomorrow.
Jan 17, 2017, 09:49 AM
What we don't or I don't know is if the cam is driving OSD or it's coming from somewhere else.

I'm running Omnibus F3 AIO's in my scratch builds. I just leave the OSD from cam off as I prefer the FC OSD. It's fully configable drag and drop in BF versus transmitter config.

TomC, do you know origination source of OSD on Spedix?