Spedix Black Knight 210 FPV Racing Quadcopter - Page 15 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 18, 2017, 06:02 AM
Helplessly addicted to FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyforfood
Has anyone had any range issues with the stock DSMX satellite? I haven't flown very far away from me, maybe 100 yards but behind a few trees without trouble.
I have not flown too far (maybe 150yd once), but no drop-outs or anything. Has been working wel for me. The only issue I have, is that sometimes when I unplug the battery and put on a fresh one , the satellite blinks because it thinks there was an unintended power outage. Other than that, no problems.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2017, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyforfood
Has anyone had any range issues with the stock DSMX satellite? I haven't flown very far away from me, maybe 100 yards but behind a few trees without trouble.
I believe you will run out of video range well before tx/rx range, at least in my experience.
Mar 18, 2017, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levelOne
I believe you will run out of video range well before tx/rx range, at least in my experience.
Unless you are in a "high RF" zone....
Metal structure s like storage sheds..... Drop out!!!!
Municipal antennas, they are small & hidden everywhere in parks/ outdoor shelters......Drop out!

But if your FPV flying, Your video goes 1st...Hit the throttle! Get up in the air for better video.....

I only use 25mw VTX now because of racing requirement & only race band freq.- better channel seperation for groups?
I've had 600mw VTX s , to tell the truth not a whole lot better for range, if your getting interference, mw rating does nothing.
Mar 18, 2017, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys. I will leave well enough alone for now. I'm pretty pleased with the quad. The video quality is much better than my Eachine X220, and is tuned a little more to my liking so coordinated turns around trees and such feel more natural.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Mar 19, 2017, 05:33 PM
Plane on the Brain
I got new matching antennas and diversity and can't get crap for a signal with either of my goggles. I buying another Vtx since I'm out of ideas. They are all rhcp. The fatsharks show 90+ % signal and snow or blue screen, occasional images seen in snow. The quantum goggles just read no signal.

This Flys good though, LOS
Mar 19, 2017, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboarder
I got new matching antennas and diversity and can't get crap for a signal with either of my goggles. I buying another Vtx since I'm out of ideas. They are all rhcp. The fatsharks show 90+ % signal and snow or blue screen, occasional images seen in snow. The quantum goggles just read no signal.

Does sound like a VTx problem. I have been playing with rates and would still like a little more rotation speed, but its decent now (much better than I had it before). Was doing a little gentle LOS in the back yard to cycle some new batteries I got last week (My ISDT SC-608 only discharges at .3A, which takes 2 hours or more, which sucks).

Here's a little sample of how my roll/flip rates look: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...W40ZmVpUThXYm8
It got a little hairy at 1:11, but saved it...
Mar 19, 2017, 06:57 PM
Hey guys. Wackd my new BK250 on the pavement today. Bent one bell housing and motor shaft, and maybe just a little on another. It still flies great and my question is... any harm in still flying it till the new motors get here? It only sounds a little different. I know it will mess up the bearings in the long term.....but.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:59 AM
By the way. I have the Quanum V2 goggles and the 832 rx. Videos looks great and the range seems good. I do get occasional static. Does cell phones and wifi mess with signals? The static I get definitely seems to have a pattern to it. Are there certain channels that are better to use? Also. I looked at the frequency charts to match up the channels between the stock tx on the BK 250 and the 832 rx. They don't match. I had to search around a bit till I saw the signal. Is this common? I'm brand new to fvp. Thanks
Mar 20, 2017, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naterade77
By the way. I have the Quanum V2 goggles and the 832 rx. Videos looks great and the range seems good. I do get occasional static. Does cell phones and wifi mess with signals? The static I get definitely seems to have a pattern to it. Are there certain channels that are better to use? Also. I looked at the frequency charts to match up the channels between the stock tx on the BK 250 and the 832 rx. They don't match. I had to search around a bit till I saw the signal. Is this common? I'm brand new to fvp. Thanks
Yup, wifi drones, ect will goof up video.
I knock out my Dish Network hopper (Joey) when Tiny Whoop the basement.
I know, these frequency charts.....Geeze
I have 5 fpv quads & use race band . Once I have the correct frequency on one, basically cycle thu the others to find the channel.
Mar 20, 2017, 11:50 AM
Treejohnny
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky111
Thanks for the feedback and actually very solid advice...leave things alone. Know of any threads discussing the use of the frSky XSR RX?
Shocky111
I am in same boat wanting to control this drone with a frsky Radio!
Did you find any information on this yet?
Mar 20, 2017, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingolfer
Does sound like a VTx problem. I have been playing with rates and would still like a little more rotation speed, but its decent now (much better than I had it before). Was doing a little gentle LOS in the back yard to cycle some new batteries I got last week (My ISDT SC-608 only discharges at .3A, which takes 2 hours or more, which sucks).

Here's a little sample of how my roll/flip rates look: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...W40ZmVpUThXYm8
It got a little hairy at 1:11, but saved it...
Question. Is that rate mode in the video? Is it possible to get those kind of flips in level mode with rates higher?
Mar 20, 2017, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboarder

Something just occurred to me. If you are using the stock camera, there is a small switch in the back for NTSC/PAL selection. Try flipping it to see if that is the culprit behind the video issue. Sounds too simple, which usually ends up being the case. If there are flickers of image coming through the static, it may be switched to the wrong mode...

Quote:
Question. Is that rate mode in the video? Is it possible to get those kind of flips in level mode with rates higher?
Yes. Its rate/acro mode. As far as the leveling mode, I haven't messed with it much at all, so I do not know if that mode will allow for flips like that....
Mar 20, 2017, 05:18 PM
Yes. Its rate/acro mode. As far as the leveling mode, I haven't messed with it much at all, so I do not know if that mode will allow for flips like that....[/QUOTE]

Thanks.. I have a crap load of leaning to do. Been spoiled flying dji stuff on gyros. Lots of bad habits!
Mar 20, 2017, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Thanks.. I have a crap load of leaning to do. Been spoiled flying dji stuff on gyros. Lots of bad habits!
I'm in the same learning-boat with ya. My learning pertains to all the technical aspects of the quads though. Been studying up on PID-theory (which milgil, wisely, told me not to worry about in the beginning) and re-learning everything to do with electronics and soldering. Flying I'm good at, because I used to fly 3D helicopters for a few years. After I saw DRL on TV and my neighbors DJI Phantom 2, I was hooked. Now, it's all I think about. It's bad. I'm hooked.
Got an Alien RR5 and all the Kiss electronics in the mail (basically the Mr Steele setup). I'll still keep the BK210, as it flies fantastic (although, it is only my first quad). Just want more power and smoothness. These things are WAY more fun than the helicopters (more time in air, less constant wrenching).
Mar 20, 2017, 08:15 PM
Plane on the Brain
I agree the frequency jive is confusing. I lived through it with 72mhz, was glad its gone and now im here again with even less channels - doh.

Whats the odds of this VTX being RP-SMA and the included TX was not Reverse Polarity? The instructions mention RP-SMA connector in an image i just looked at today