Spedix Black Knight 210 FPV Racing Quadcopter - RC Groups
Jan 07, 2017, 09:13 AM
Discussion

Spedix Black Knight 210 FPV Racing Quadcopter

Starter thread for the Spedix Black Knight 210 FPV Racing Quadcopter.

Like relatives that hang around too long, we 210 owners were asked to leave by the 250 guys (with good reason.) Since the 210 and 250's are significantly different, we were mucking up things and confusing people.

Originally, a number of owners posted and asked questions on this thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...o-BNF-FPV-Quad
Last edited by Zoomie517; Jan 07, 2017 at 09:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2017, 09:13 AM
Spedix - Black Knight 210 Carbon Fiber - BNF FPV Quad

Retail Price: $199.99

The Spedix Black Knight might just be the easiest and most economical way to get started in multirotor racing! Configure your Black Knight's controls in CleanFlight, attach your propellers, and you are ready for flight. With mild PID settings out of the box, use your transmitter's mode switch to select between self correcting flight and eventually graduate to rate mode to fly like the pros!

Features:

Fully Assembled from the factory!
Built in DSMX compatible Satellite Receiver
700TVL CMOS camera with adjustable angle
40 Channel 200mw Video Transmitter with Race Band (US Legal Only)
Durable Transmitter Antenna
Ultra Smooth BlHeli S ESCs
​Durable 2205 2300kv Motors
Minim OSD and PDB with LC Filter (avoids video lines) 
Naze rev6 Flight Controller 
Programmable LED Tail Lights
Last edited by Zoomie517; Jan 07, 2017 at 09:24 AM.
Jan 07, 2017, 09:14 AM

Spedix Black Knight 210 Set Up

BuddyRC (I have absolutely no affiliation) did an excellent series of 3 set up videos for the Spedix 250. They are invaluable for those new to quads in getting your 210 up and flying. All info on these vids is applicable to the 210 EXCEPT........

WARNING: Its mentioned in the video that the Flight Controller is oriented at 180 degrees and that it is dealt with in Cleanflight. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE 210! Originally, some of the 250's had the flight controller installed backwards. Again, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE 210 !

Unboxing and set up video # 1 can be found here:

Spedix S250 Pro Setup Part 1 Open Box (3 min 10 sec)
Last edited by Zoomie517; Jan 07, 2017 at 09:39 AM.
Jan 07, 2017, 09:14 AM
Reserved 3
Jan 07, 2017, 03:10 PM
Helplessly addicted to FPV
Great, that you got this thread going Zoomie! I used to fly 3D on an Align T-Rex 450 SE v2 helicopter, but have been out of flying RC for a few years. I just purchased a BK210 and after three hours of fidgeting with my old DX7 and the computer I finally was able to give her a test hover. Works great! I cant wait to get info from everyone on this thread about settings, props, and so forth! Once the weather clears up over where I am, I will be testing and posting questions on here like maniac!
Jan 07, 2017, 04:13 PM
Welcome Fingholfer!

I initially had some major issues, both real and imagined. Much of it tied to my lack of experience. That said, Milgil is our resident guru has he now has 2 210's and actually just started racing them.

I will circle back around and write a review as well as giving new folks a heads up of how to solve common problems. But right this second I am dead in the middle of my first scratch build and trying not to make magic smoke. Once I've accumulated enough solder burns tonight, I'll circle back around and add some more info.

In spite of a few minor problems, it's a great quad!
Jan 07, 2017, 04:45 PM
Would you have any suggestions about a standalone 5.8ghz receiver? I have an older set of video goggles that I need a solid receiver for.
Jan 07, 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingolfer
Would you have any suggestions about a standalone 5.8ghz receiver? I have an older set of video goggles that I need a solid receiver for.
Unfortunately I don't.

I originally bought a set of Fat shark Teleporters because I wasn't sure if I was going to like FPV. They come with built in receiver which was good.

But I've upgraded to Dominator V3's. I'm awaiting my RealACC true diversity receiver to arrive. If it's poop, I'm going straight for a LaForge.

Receiver's seem to be highly personal, like motors.

I would highly recommend watching Joshua Bardwell's videos where he tests a ton of receivers.
Jan 09, 2017, 10:51 AM
Is the stock video transmitter antenna LCHP or RCHP?
Jan 09, 2017, 11:16 AM
Wow. No idea. I can't even tell you if it's rp-sma or sma. If you give me a few, I'll pull it and see.
Jan 09, 2017, 12:35 PM
Fingolfer, looks like the antenna is SMA. Can't take the cap off to see if it's RH or LH.

Here's a pic of connector on the antenna as well as all cap markings.
Jan 09, 2017, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie517
Welcome Fingholfer!

I initially had some major issues, both real and imagined. Much of it tied to my lack of experience. That said, Milgil is our resident guru has he now has 2 210's and actually just started racing them.

I will circle back around and write a review as well as giving new folks a heads up of how to solve common problems. But right this second I am dead in the middle of my first scratch build and trying not to make magic smoke. Once I've accumulated enough solder burns tonight, I'll circle back around and add some more info.

In spite of a few minor problems, it's a great quad!
Ah , no expert here... just experimenting.
Racing... well fun fly with the real racer's - no scoring, just make it thru the course,, as many gates as you can w/o crashing.....
as of now my 1st 210 is down with a broken frame.... :-( grrr-- Tying PID tuning & got to that high roll P point & down she goes - the frozen ground is just slightly softer than concrete.
new frame coming from my BuddyRC!
Jan 09, 2017, 01:19 PM
Sorry Milgil, but that makes you the expert!

Ouchie. Sorry about the sudden stop.
Jan 09, 2017, 08:45 PM
Ooh. Our own thread. yay!

So I got the Black Knight 210 over Christmas, and I really like it. It's quite fast. Thanks for all the insight provided on this forum which helped with my decision to get one.

Does anyone know what mode of RX modules comes with this? I am curious of the failsafe modes available, so I can set it up correctly with cleanflight. What's the default mode of the RX module?
Jan 09, 2017, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignoEleven
Ooh. Our own thread. yay!

So I got the Black Knight 210 over Christmas, and I really like it. It's quite fast. Thanks for all the insight provided on this forum which helped with my decision to get one.

Does anyone know what mode of RX modules comes with this? I am curious of the failsafe modes available, so I can set it up correctly with cleanflight. What's the default mode of the RX module?
Welcome! I'm not sure that I understand the questions.

Failsafe can be set up in Cleanflight. Mine is set for drop.

I moved arm/disarm to an aux switch. Right now, I have another switch set for angle/rate as I'm flying acro on the sim but not the quad.

Milgil sent me an email with a more thorough set up.

Also, I need to go back in and get air mode going. I chopped the throttle a couple of times on blistering straights and it doesn't float for long before you have to get back in it.

Was I close?