This thread is privately moderated by fastmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 07, 2017, 07:42 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Mini-Review

Walkera Rodeo 110 Brushless Micro FPV Racer

Let's take an up close look at the new Walkera Rodeo 110 brushless micro FPV racing drone. This little thing is amazing!

Main Features:
- Combines powerful brushless motors and high-strength carbon fiber frame kit
- 600TVL HD camera and 5.8GHz real-time transmission, allowing you to be barrier-free view in the darkness
- Space-saving and lightweight, it has a high thrust-to-weight ratio, which makes it accelerate swiftly and allows you to indulge in the fun of flying indoors
- 33 x 68mm PCB circuit board integrates PDB, flight controller, video transmitter, receiver and other modules
- Modular design - easy to install, disassemble, maintain; plug-in power transfer and map chip unit

Specifications:
Walkera Rodeo 110
Size: 101 x 117 x 55mm
Weight: 101g ( not including battery )
Receiver: Rodeo 110
Flight controller: Rodeo 110 F3
Brushless motor: WK-WS-13-002A
Brushless ESC: Rodeo 110
LiPo battery: 7.4V 850mAh 25C 2S
Fight time: 6 minutes
Working temperature: -10 to 40 Deg.C

First LOS outdoor flight video added below. All I can say so far is WOW! This little thing is a pocket rocket! Incredibly stable, and incredibly quick! The factory tune is very good. The fact that they put angle, horizon, and acro modes all on the mix switch from the factory is a very welcome feature. It means that beginners that are ready to step up to a brushless racer can get a feel for the quad in angle mode, before jumping to more advanced flight modes, and then can switch to more advanced modes without having to mess with any settings in BetaFlight or CleanFlight.

This has quickly become my favorite quad in my collection. I love the fact that I can take it out to my backyard, and let her rip. Something I'm just not able to do with my larger racers. If you're looking for something fast, and agile that you can fly at home, and not have to pack up and take to the flying field, then this may be the perfect quadcopter for you.

Quick first flight video. Was a bit windy, but it handled it very well.

Walker Rodeo 110 Micro Brushless FPV Racing Drone First Flight (2 min 58 sec)

Flight test of the Nano-Tech battery. This battery definitely has more punch than the stock battery.

Walkera Rodeo 110 Brushless Micro FPV Racing Drone Flight With Nano-Tech Battery (2 min 45 sec)

A quick sample of the FPV camera feed.

Walkera Rodeo 110 FPV Camera Demo (2 min 27 sec)

For extra batteries here are a couple inexpensive options.

Nano-Tech From HobbyKing

GoolRC on eBay

Stock battery weighs 46.8g and the Turnigy Nano-Tech 850's weigh 47.2g but are punchier than the stock battery.

Spare parts are now available from walkeraheliusa

And for international buyers helipal has a full compliment of spares available.

I'll continue to update as more options become available

Another quick LOS fun flight out in the back yard.

Walkera Rodeo 110 Micro FPV Racer LOS Flight Nano-Tech 850mah 2s (3 min 37 sec)
Last edited by fastmax; Apr 05, 2017 at 09:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2017, 11:55 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Flight video, and some initial thoughts added to first post.
Latest blog entry: Brushless Micros Sure ARFUN!!
Jan 13, 2017, 10:41 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
New Nano-Tech batteries are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Weather permitting (forecast looks good) I will have a flight time and performance report, as well as some new video.
Jan 14, 2017, 08:46 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Join the Rodeo 110 Owners Group on Facebook to get in on more 110 related conversations. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1318...homepage_panel
Jan 15, 2017, 09:52 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Spares and battery options update added to bottom of first post. Flight video, and performance report with Nano-Tech battery coming later today.
Jan 15, 2017, 12:41 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
New video added to first post. First flight with the new Nano-Tech battery.
Jan 27, 2017, 07:05 PM
Has anyone figured out a way to flash a proper Betaflight onto this thing? Can airmode be enabled somehow?
Jan 28, 2017, 07:32 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
I have been happy with the stock settings, so I haven't even plugged mine into the computer yet.
Feb 05, 2017, 08:26 PM
I belong in the sky......
I've had this for 3 days now. It is the best out of the box racer that I've ever purchased. It felt good to use the Devo 7, after months of neglect.
Feb 05, 2017, 09:41 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yepstilian
I've had this for 3 days now. It is the best out of the box racer that I've ever purchased. It felt good to use the Devo 7, after months of neglect.
It is definitely a great little quad right out of the box. It's currently my favorite in my collection, and has become my go to for backyard flying.
Feb 16, 2017, 06:56 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Looks like we have some half decent weather in our forecast for this coming weekend. More flight video coming soon!
Feb 27, 2017, 06:28 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
New LOS video added to first post.
Mar 09, 2017, 08:51 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Right now during the Gearbest Anniversary Sales Event use coupon code TOY20 during checkout and get the RTF Rodeo 110 for $169
Last edited by fastmax; Apr 05, 2017 at 09:29 AM.
Mar 16, 2017, 09:01 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Still available for a little while longer for only $169 RTF. If you've been thinking about getting one of these now is the time. These are awesome flying little quads, with lots of zip.