Sep 12, 2019, 09:00 AM

Replacement props

does anyone know how I can find replacement propellers for the Propel Star Wars drones? OEM is not a necessity. I know they 65mm/66mm with a 1mm hole but I'm not sure about the pitch of the blade.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 09:57 AM
Always Fly Two Mistakes High!
I found the X-Wing and Advanced Tie Fighter on Amazon last Christmas and my son and I have been having a great time battling with them. We have done several exhibitions at local air museum and other indoor flight venues and they are always a big hit. They are a perfect blend of easy flyability and serious drone flying WITH LASERS & IR

So last time we went, this last weekend, to an indoor flying event my wife went also (this NEVER happens!) and she saw how much fun we were having and how other people reacted to them so we had to buy the Speeder Bike for her, it's on order now.

I have been looking for extra batteries for the X-wing and Tie Fighter and have just gone ahead and ordered 2 more total units since they are so cheap. Now I have extra batteries, motors, propellers and chargers.

Has anyone done a mod they can share about adding an fpv camera? ...or modding a battery?

Star Wars Battling Drones - CAF Museum - Houston (1 min 36 sec)
Last edited by RGS2010; Sep 16, 2019 at 01:13 PM.
Dec 14, 2019, 12:45 PM
That's great! I'm in a similar situation. I fly mode 3- throttle rudder on right, elevator aileron on left. It's good to know that the sticks are connected to the board with connectors. Can I ask you how your conversion affects the use of the barometer switch on the left stick? I believe the switch not only controls whether or not the stick is spring loaded, but also changes the flight mode of the drone - some kind of beginner mode I think. Thank you for posting your modifications. I've been wondering if it was possible.

Cheers,
Rob
Feb 17, 2020, 08:19 PM

Propel Display case won't shut down once charged

Hello, all I found a partial solution to this issue. There is a small ADF sensor just to the left 1/4in and below 1/2in to the charge port if you scotch tape a small magnet to the display box in that spot the display case lights will turn on and play music when you lift the plastic display top. The music will stop when you place the top back on if you have got the right spot. I suggest you fully charge the display case first. You will know when charged when the lights go on. Now unplug and place the plastic top back on. Take your magnet and place in the spot I wrote about above and the force will be with you. Magnetic force LOL

May the force be with you.....
Mar 08, 2020, 02:23 AM
******_Surfer FPV
Anyone still doing laser battles with these awesome drones! Starting to get some good flying weather so looking to get the Speeder Bike flying again and doing some more battles...

Propel Star Wars 74Z Speeder Bike FPV Laser Jousting (3 min 20 sec)
Mar 10, 2020, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010
Has anyone done a mod they can share about adding an fpv camera? ...or modding a battery?

https://youtu.be/DtoZgqKxCJg
Without doing any research, I'm going to guess there's a standard 3.7v lipo battery inside the plastic case. Probably 400-500mah capacity. It will be wired to a metal connector with one red wire and one black wire. You can then snip those two wires and solder splice them to the connector of your choosing.

You can power a $20 AIO FPV camera with a little 150-200 mah 3.7v battery or solder the positive and negative wires to wherever the battery connects to the flight controller. The latter option means taking the quad apart so that might be more trouble than it's worth to you.

I will say though that the laser dogfighting feature could make FPV alot of fun even with a quad that's factory-locked in stability mode. You could really put on a show with several quads pilots flying in FPV.
Mar 10, 2020, 08:51 PM
******_Surfer FPV
Here's what I did to my battery so the bike and camera share the same battery, no extra weight. Remove three screws, make a small hole on the sidewall so the lead comes out and solder the lead inside. Mate the AIO camera to the battery and use double sticky tape to attache the camera to the bike. Minimal impact to fly time. Other flyers just use another 1s batt to power the camera.
Oct 05, 2020, 05:03 PM
perfectly cromulent flyer
Does anyone know a good supplier for motors for these? I ordered some from Micro Motor Warehouse in January, but last I heard they were still backordered.
Feb 09, 2021, 05:44 PM

Star Wars Drone

I have a tie-advanced Star Wars Drone that I can not get pair
Feb 19, 2021, 09:37 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd13
I have a tie-advanced Star Wars Drone that I can not get pair
Off Amazon: We consulted the manufactures website for support and the site noted that if the FCC ID on the controller was NOT the same as the drone FCC ID then the controller & Drone would not synch. Sure enough the FCC IDs were different. I returned to Amazon and they refunded.

Sounds like they are junk from this thread, motors burn out...I would get your money back if possible or keep them for a display piece.
Feb 19, 2021, 10:17 PM
perfectly cromulent flyer
I wouldn't consider them junk. They're some of the most detailed drones I've ever owned. Sure you get motors burning out, but that's because they're brushed and tiny. At work, collectively, we own about 15. Probably 3 motors have gone bad with those. We were having daily battles with them and having a heck of a lot of fun with them. I myself have all 3 and I have one, the Advanced Tie that has one bad motor. Unfortunately, I haven't found a reliable source for them. The one place that I ordered from last time took my money, but over a year later, has not sent me my motors.
Feb 19, 2021, 10:22 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer
I wouldn't consider them junk. They're some of the most detailed drones I've ever owned. Sure you get motors burning out, but that's because they're brushed and tiny. At work, collectively, we own about 15. Probably 3 motors have gone bad with those. We were having daily battles with them and having a heck of a lot of fun with them. I myself have all 3 and I have one, the Advanced Tie that has one bad motor. Unfortunately, I haven't found a reliable source for them. The one place that I ordered from last time took my money, but over a year later, has not sent me my motors.
Yeah my statement was a bit much...but at $40, they are toy grade...I owned about 8 toy grade quads/hex's...all with spare parts available and bought...but seems service after the sale and customer support isn't worth the effort in this case...I retract "junk" IF you got three down with motor issues sounds like you got spare parts already though, why not strip and repair yours from others?
Aug 19, 2022, 02:09 PM
Always Fly Two Mistakes High!
My son and I fly at the Lone Star Flight Museum here in Houston when they have events where lots of kids/parents attend. The fighting drones are always a hit. I have 2 Tie Fighters, 2 X-Wings, and a Speeder Bike and only one Tie Fighter has consistent trouble (always throwing a prop) but other than that they fly great and they are several years old now. Entertainment per dollar spent...priceless!

Quick Reply