Jan 09, 2017, 12:17 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123r
Ok,about the big tx, it is not just walkera problem. Even the taranis look ridiculous when flying a tinywhoop.
The Taranis is lighter though, at least with stock battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
No i did not check the voltage and i doubt i will be able to do any outside flying for a while to test the batteries even more because there is an arctic blast heading our way,bring on the snow and out with the RC truck
I've lowered the Vbat settings, using the CLI, just one step, so 34 and 36 instead of 35 and 37, to see if that gives better flight times without stressing the battery.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2017, 10:20 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
The battery level is set quite high considering new lipos can be discharged a little deeper, but the batts are cheap enough to purchase an extra 2 or 3..................i just want a yellow cowl and yellow props now The Devo is a big radio compared to my Flysky but it is a reasonable radio and has good range , until Walkera produce a more "lightweight" version like the Turnigy Evolution i think its going to be a case of just accepting it for now.
Jan 10, 2017, 10:25 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
I don't really mind the size of the Devo 7. For me the annoying part is that it uses 8 AA batteries. I haven't had a radio that used 8 AA's since getting rid of my old Futaba heli, and airplane radios. I think I will definitely order a lipo to use in it instead.
Jan 10, 2017, 10:26 AM
Thread OP
I've set the vbat to 3.4/3.6 (critical/warning) and got 6:30 till the beeper goes. Landed at 6:45, battery was just 3.70 volts per cell resting voltage. With default settings it came at about 3.82 or more per cell.
Jan 10, 2017, 10:30 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
I don't really mind the size of the Devo 7. For me the annoying part is that it uses 8 AA batteries. I haven't had a radio that used 8 AA's since getting rid of my old Futaba heli, and airplane radios. I think I will definitely order a lipo to use in it instead.
Get a Devo 7e and do the range mod. Can't beat it! (Also don't forget to load it up with Deviation. Finally, adding a 4in1 module is icing on the cake).
Jan 10, 2017, 10:33 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer
Get a Devo 7e and do the range mod. Can't beat it! (Also don't forget to load it up with Deviation. Finally, adding a 4in1 module is icing on the cake).
I guess that all needs to be on my to do list in the near future
Jan 10, 2017, 10:35 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
I guess that all needs to be on my to do list in the near future
Haha, I bought and modded mine two plus years ago (of course I update Deviation as needed when features are added that I feel I need). I fly just about everything with it.
Jan 10, 2017, 10:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer

Does it need Deviation to use the increased output power, or is the physical mod already enough for that?
Jan 10, 2017, 10:39 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Does it need Deviation to use the increased output power, or is the physical mod already enough for that?
Just the physical mod, and there are a number of different ways to do that mod. Ahh, thinking about it... maybe it does need Deviation... it's been a LONG time... Deviation is easy though... just a software upgrade...

Just a thought... if you don't have one, Romeo from MassiveRC (no longer actively in business but still selling out his stock) has some modded Devo 7e(s) still in stock... http://www.massiverc.com/Shop/en/188...ll-output.html
Last edited by Ssayer; Jan 10, 2017 at 10:58 AM. Reason: added a link...
Jan 10, 2017, 11:19 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Isn't the 7e shorter range vs the 7? The benefit of deviation is adding that range plus the multiprotocol?
Jan 10, 2017, 11:30 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
$65 already flashed, and with range mod is a pretty good deal.
Jan 10, 2017, 11:35 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Definitely is a good deal m8.
Jan 10, 2017, 11:38 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Isn't the 7e shorter range vs the 7? The benefit of deviation is adding that range plus the multiprotocol?
Yep, range is why you do the range mod. Here's a pic (don't mind the dust on the 7, I haven't used it in years... ). The 7e remembers 30 quad configs. Also the 7e has better sticks/gimbals and an LCD screen.

Lot of good things get added with deviation. The modules make it so you can fly most quads.

Just remember, his were flashed a while back. You'll still need to update Deviation to fly the newer stuff (like my E0101 and H36 quads)...
Last edited by Ssayer; Jan 14, 2017 at 08:28 AM. Reason: keep adding thoughts...
Jan 10, 2017, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
If you fit the new 4in1 module then there is no range mod to do as you replace the original module.

The 7 is full range but of course not that versatile as you cannot run Deviation on it.
Jan 10, 2017, 11:46 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
If the Rodeo came with the E it would have been upgraded already lol �� it is.however the.standard 7 ( And all my other gear is flysky) good to have the additional info though, at some point I might delve into deviation but atm I like the lightweight I6 and it is long range, just one of those things for now.

There is of course the ppm sbus port on the bottom of the Rodeo **

Quick Reply