Jan 10, 2017, 01:48 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer
Just the physical mod, and there are a number of different ways to do that mod. Ahh, thinking about it... maybe it does need Deviation... it's been a LONG time... Deviation is easy though... just a software upgrade...

Just a thought... if you don't have one, Romeo from MassiveRC (no longer actively in business but still selling out his stock) has some modded Devo 7e(s) still in stock... http://www.massiverc.com/Shop/en/188...ll-output.html

I don't mind soldering, just the removing of the metal shield plate seems a bit tricky with a regular soldering iron.

Anyway, back to the battery testing, the charger put back about 750mAh after I set the Vbat warning 0.1 volt lower. So with that setting, the stock battery gets used fully, without stressing it. If you don't want to worry about putting the batteries back at storage level after flight, the default setting is better though,
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2017, 03:57 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Just adding some pics.

Zippy compact 850mah 35C battery ( hobbyking) battery weight is 50grams

And Versus the slightly bigger Youbi XV-130 , please excuse the graininess i had to increase the brightness and reduce contrast ( camera is now starting to annoy me )

Jan 10, 2017, 04:02 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
If you don't want to worry about putting the batteries back at storage level after flight, the default setting is better though,
Good point. I think for this reason I will leave it alone. I have a couple Nano-Tech batteries ordered, so I should be good to go, even with a little less flight time per pack.
Last edited by fastmax; Jan 10, 2017 at 04:08 PM.
Jan 10, 2017, 04:02 PM
Nice man. To be honest I have never rated Walkera stuff. I seen this on YT. The camera lets it down for sure.
Jan 10, 2017, 04:09 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Im not an avid Walkera fan either i was previously until they started messing with the tx protocols , i found the Runner 250 to be really poor in nearly all aspects , this is quite nice though , the camera is its weakpoint so far but i would like to test it outside in better lighting conditions as we know what the British sun is like at this time of the year.
Jan 10, 2017, 04:41 PM
Only nerd in the village
You have sun? Lucky sod! On the positive side, we can fly at midnight in the summer time.

I look forward to becoming acquainted with the Rodeo 110. I'm just a bit concerned that props aren't available from BG yet. Buying spares from non-Chinese vendors comes with a hefty shipping charge.
Jan 10, 2017, 04:49 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Nice to see a familiar name

Yeah , props are next on the to do list , the stock ones are fine but only having 2 sets and them being a strange size for a quad ( not 2 or 3 inch but 72mm+- ) is a bit of a stalling point so its something i need to source , sods law my micro plane props are too small and my 3 inch props just a touch too big lol.

Oh and the hubs press on with 2 retaining screws.
Jan 10, 2017, 04:51 PM
Only nerd in the village
The Gemfan 3025 props cut down to fit might be worth a try? They are pretty good props.

http://www.banggood.com/2-Pairs-Gemf...p-1059763.html
Jan 10, 2017, 05:01 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Yeah i think for the time being outside of Kingkong/Eachine/?? producing a set specifically for this 110 the best option is to cut some 3 inchers down to size , providing the hub can be matched, i didnt like the Youbi props so i cut some 4 inch ones down and they work quite well ( dremel zip tied down and a 5mm standoff to keep the hub centred. )

Hub is 1.45mm diameter
Jan 10, 2017, 08:34 PM
Can i not use my spektrum radio with this?
Jan 10, 2017, 08:58 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
There is an external RX port on the bottom of the quad for those that want to use a different radio.
Latest blog entry: Brushless Micros Sure AR FUN!!
Jan 10, 2017, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Just adding some pics.

Zippy compact 850mah 35C battery ( hobbyking) battery weight is 50grams

And Versus the slightly bigger Youbi XV-130 , please excuse the graininess i had to increase the brightness and reduce contrast ( camera is now starting to annoy me )

That's a old batch of zippys by the size of it you can take the plastic shell of it that's under the yellow cover,keep us updated on flight times i will also test them as i have the 35-25c ones.
Jan 12, 2017, 09:32 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
( not 2 or 3 inch but 72mm+-)
You mean 62mm+-? I'm guessing the 7 was a typo? They're basically 2.5" props, and I'm really hoping spares start showing up in more places soon.
Jan 12, 2017, 12:42 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
No , Hub centre to outer blade tip is 35.25mm so blade span is 70.5mm give or take 0.5mm on my digital calipers ,which makes them 2.8 something inch props
Jan 12, 2017, 01:01 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Right you are. Not sure what I was looking at when I measured them the first time but my calipers are showing 35.2 as well.