Horizon Hobby Announces 3 New Planes - RC Groups

Horizon Hobby Announces 3 New Planes

This week Horizon Hobby announced 3 new aircraft and they all look like winners to us...

Splash

New Releases from Horizon Hobby

This week Horizon Hobby announced 3 new aircraft and they all look like winners to us. These models take us back to the roots of rc aeromodeling minus the months of building. They look good and we're sure they will fly great once we get our hands on them. Check out the new planes below.

Ultra Stick 30cc ARF 81"

The new Ultra Stick is an 81" beast of a sport plane. It's really designed for a gas engine, but they do include an electric motor mount for an electric power setup. It features the same look as previous Ultra Sticks with a new color scheme. The huge control surfaces and barn door flaps will make it a blast to fly. This is an ARF so you need to provide and install your radio gear and power plant, but it comes with nice quality hardware.

Check out the new Ultra Stick 30cc here

Valiant 1.3m BNF Basic

The Valiant 1.3M is a scaled down model of the popular Hangar 9 30cc giant scale bird. This smaller brother comes in BNF and PNP versions. The BNF model has a SAFE receiver installed which makes it a solid choice to learn to fly with. It's a great looking plane that is more than just a trainer. Add floats for some lake flying fun and the flaps will make for some killer touch n go runs.

Check out the new Valiant 1.3M here

UMX Waco BL BNF Basic

Now that indoor flying season is here for a lot of the country, Horizon brings us a new UMX Waco. It has some nice scale details for its size like carbon fiber flying wires and it features a 180 sized brushless motor for some peppy flight. Of course it has AS3X built in to make it a smooth flying sweetheart of a plane. Just bind your radio to it and provide a 200-280mAH 2S lipo and you are ready to rock.

Check out the UMX Waco BL BNF Basic here

Jan 06, 2017, 11:42 AM
Where are the .60 sized warbirds Hangar 9????
Jan 06, 2017, 12:57 PM
where are more giant scale civilian? 1/4 piper tomahawk or something........1/4 chipmunk.... umx Grunau baby glider........
Jan 06, 2017, 01:19 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brand
where are more giant scale civilian? 1/4 piper tomahawk or something........1/4 chipmunk.... umx Grunau baby glider........
Or a Cherokee...

One of the most common GA aircraft in the world and it's rarely modeled, and even more rarely modeled accurately.

I'm putting one of the old EFlite Bonanzas together (with the V-tail!) and if there was a Cherokee in this same size that was generally this accurate, I'd be all over it.
Jan 06, 2017, 03:12 PM
RCGroups Editor
...and on that note, wheres the Vought V-173 "Flying Pancake"???

I mean srsly HH, get with the program!
Jan 06, 2017, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
...and on that note, wheres the Vought V-173 "Flying Pancake"???

I mean srsly HH, get with the program!
Haha! But seriously how about a nice .60 sized FW-190! Done right it would sell like hotcakes...
Jan 06, 2017, 03:37 PM
Cherokee is a good line, But still like the Cessnas.
Last edited by J3 guy; Jan 06, 2017 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Adjust
Jan 06, 2017, 03:43 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3 guy
Cherokee wins the most ugly reward, and the Tri Pacer is a close second.
blasphemy!!
Jan 06, 2017, 04:04 PM
The Waco looks like it may be my 2017 purchase. - I have enough full size planes already.
Jan 06, 2017, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3 guy
Cherokee wins the most ugly reward, and the Tri Pacer is a close second.
"Laddie, don't you think you should rephrase that?"
Jan 06, 2017, 04:29 PM
DFS#000178
Cherokees, especially the original 4-window 140s, are gorgeous.
Jan 06, 2017, 06:26 PM
Guess still partial to Cessna since I started flying both Cessnas and Pipers at age 16.
Age 60 now and on the Lear 45, and can get you spoiled in a hurry.
Last edited by J3 guy; Jan 06, 2017 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Spoiled
Jan 07, 2017, 09:19 AM
When I hear "indoor plane", I don't think of something as big and fast as that Waco. Lots of us indoor fliers only have access to high school gyms. We need models more like the Flyzone Tiger Moth, not ones that are too fast for the gym (i.e., the Stearman Horizon put out a year or so ago).

I grant you, the Stearman isn't bad (although I can't get it to spin -- what kind of an acrobatic model doesn't spin?), but it isn't an indoor model.

Sorry, Horizon, but you're 0 for 3 this year.

CD
Jan 07, 2017, 10:45 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Saw the Waco flying at AMA Expo West today and it was impressive! Ultra Stik 30cc looked very nice. Electric version sported a Power 160 12S power setup. Valiant 1.3M seemed much larger in person than in the pictures.

McD
Last edited by kingsflyer; Jan 07, 2017 at 10:58 PM.
Jan 08, 2017, 04:29 AM
Meh. None of those interest me. As others have said. Give me a 60 size warbird or GA plane.