FrSky New Arrival - XSRF3E - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 28, 2017, 11:07 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
Look at the manual.

Named 5V power supply
V_IN
GND
supply +5V and ground

Thats it.
Thank you Datos,
I was confused because the manual looks like it says SV power supply and I wasn't sure what SV meant. I have fried an Evo board by bringing power into a 5v port that was meant to feed power out and not in.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2017, 12:11 PM
Registered User
the manual has the connections on the bottom of the board labeled incorrectly on either the front view or the rear view, I'm not sure which view is correct.
Feb 28, 2017, 08:11 PM
Registered User
mpjf01's Avatar
If you are referring to UART 1 the TOP diagram is the correct version. +5V closest to USB port, check with a meter if concerned.
Mar 05, 2017, 08:30 PM
Registered User
Anyone know how to hook up and configure a minimOSD to xsrf3e?
Mar 06, 2017, 06:11 AM
Registered User
I wish frsky had copied the revo instead of the mediocre evo.

Can confirm that usb powers all 5v components and escs, including vtx (or trys to)

Makes calibrating analog escs entertaining (temporarily disconnect the fc 5v input power).

Esc signal 4 doesnt work with dshot, you will need to connect esc signal 4 to the pwm signal 5 instead and type in the cli:

resource motor 5 none
resource motor 4 a06
save

The integrated xsr is so convienent that I am willing to overlook the rubbish bits
Mar 06, 2017, 07:09 AM
Registered User
mpjf01's Avatar
The target audience for this FC seems to be expected to already know how to connect and configure the device, based (presumably) on prior experience with the "mediocre Evo".

It would be really helpful if one of the experts with this FC could explain either how to connect and configure it with Cleanflight, with an example, or give a reference to a place where that information may be found.
Mar 06, 2017, 09:37 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
the target audience for this fc seems to be expected to already know how to connect and configure the device, based (presumably) on prior experience with the "mediocre evo".

It would be really helpful if one of the experts with this fc could explain either how to connect and configure it with cleanflight, with an example, or give a reference to a place where that information may be found.
not just helpful, required. I've sent a PM to AndreaHuang letting her know the information is needed in order for me to provide a favorable review of the xsrf3e. let's see if frsky wants to help support their product.
Mar 06, 2017, 01:21 PM
Alex
Datos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
The target audience for this FC seems to be expected to already know how to connect and configure the device, based (presumably) on prior experience with the "mediocre Evo".

It would be really helpful if one of the experts with this FC could explain either how to connect and configure it with Cleanflight, with an example, or give a reference to a place where that information may be found.
What is the problem? I am flying this FC for quite a time and have no troubles with it. Moreover, reading SpRacing F3Evo manual is even worse than sonnecting evertyhing to XSRF3E because the piniout here is much more obvious.

I am using betaflight and was on OneShot. Now I have moved to DShot. Everything works fine

Ask questions your questions.
I would give you the answers.
Last edited by Datos; Mar 06, 2017 at 01:28 PM.
Mar 06, 2017, 01:23 PM
Alex
Datos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyponimo
I wish frsky had copied the revo instead of the mediocre evo.

Can confirm that usb powers all 5v components and escs, including vtx (or trys to)

Makes calibrating analog escs entertaining (temporarily disconnect the fc 5v input power).

Esc signal 4 doesnt work with dshot, you will need to connect esc signal 4 to the pwm signal 5 instead and type in the cli:

resource motor 5 none
resource motor 4 a06
save

The integrated xsr is so convienent that I am willing to overlook the rubbish bits
Check your PCB. I had the noname PCB that passed USB 5V through it from XSRF3E and it was bad as you described. Than I've moved to Matek - everything is ok now. No problems and XSRF3E would not try to power all the devices. I would say it lack a reverse diode on 5V USB line but when used with a good PCB - the problem does not exist
Mar 06, 2017, 01:27 PM
Alex
Datos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
not just helpful, required. I've sent a PM to AndreaHuang letting her know the information is needed in order for me to provide a favorable review of the xsrf3e. let's see if frsky wants to help support their product.
It doesn't differ much from SpRacing F3Evo in terms of connections. Read their manual.
It doesn't differ from any other board using CleanFlight|Betaflight in terms of FW tuning. This is a matter of reading their documentation.

What is not clear from my review?
Mar 06, 2017, 01:50 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
It doesn't differ much from SpRacing F3Evo in terms of connections. Read their manual.
It doesn't differ from any other board using CleanFlight|Betaflight in terms of FW tuning. This is a matter of reading their documentation.

What is not clear from my review?
Awesome. i'd just like frsky to answer since it's their thread. the last time i hooked up a device without a complete datasheet from the manufacturer, i fried part of it. that with the fact that there are errors in the instruction manual (if you can even call it a manual) leads me to the conclusion that frsky (andreahuang) needs to provide more information to ensure that users can actually use the hardware as it was intended. wouldn't you agree with that, datos?
Last edited by raleighcopter; Mar 06, 2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: ...
Mar 06, 2017, 01:59 PM
Alex
Datos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
Awesome. i'd just like frsky to answer since it's their thread. the last time i hooked up a device without a complete datasheet from the manufacturer, i fried part of it. that with the fact that there are errors in the instruction manual (if you can even call it a manual) leads me to the conclusion that frsky (andreahuang) needs to provide more information to ensure that users can actually use the hardware as it was intended. wouldn't you agree with that, datos?
I would not really agree because I've used a manual and had no problems to connect everything in a right order. I didn't frie the board and the manual was enough to accomplish that.

Second - I am FrSKY tester. And I can give you the answers (an I am deligated to do that) as well if you need the help. But noone asks the answers.

Don't get me wrong. I am willing to help whenever anyone needs that for those products that I know.
Mar 06, 2017, 02:24 PM
Registered User
thanks, i appreciate that.
Mar 06, 2017, 03:24 PM
Registered User
Ive flown a couple of flights today, enlarged holes and nylon/rubber mounted MPU9250 jitters like mad on a frame that is silky smooth on a hard mounted MPU6000.

The board is a great idea, its just a mediocre implementation, frsky need to cut and paste someone elses flight controller design.

Back to revo F4 + xsr for me.
Mar 06, 2017, 03:30 PM
Alex
Datos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyponimo
Ive flown a couple of flights today, enlarged holes and nylon/rubber mounted MPU9250 jitters like mad on a frame that is silky smooth on a hard mounted MPU6000.

The board is a great idea, its just a mediocre implementation, frsky need to cut and paste someone elses flight controller design.

Back to revo F4 + xsr for me.
I have silicone rings under and on top of the board (nylon screw squizes that instead of the board itself). Haven't noticed any issues with that.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools