FrSky New Arrival - XSRF3E - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 30, 2017, 06:37 PM
Does xsrf3e have an osd built in or will I need a separate one.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2017, 11:18 PM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
Does xsrf3e have an osd built in or will I need a separate one.
it does not. And you don't need it because it has full telemetry
Jan 31, 2017, 03:05 AM
FPV addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datos
My setup photos:

Frame: KDS Kylin 210
Cam: Foxeer 700TVL
VideoTX: 5.8Ghz DalRC 600mW
Antenna: clover, Aomway
Flight board: FrSky XSRF3E (F3Evo with built-in XSR)
Power DB: FlyMod.net BEC/ZMR
Motors: KDS Kylin 2204 2300kv
ESC: KDS Kylin 20A OneShot125
LiPO: FlyMod.net 1,300mAh, 4S, 45-90C
Props: 5x4x3
Total weight (everything except LiPO): 300g
Nice, looks great and almost sub 300g
Jan 31, 2017, 03:20 AM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlilasic
Nice, looks great and almost sub 300g
It is sub 300g if to use some other antenna than Aomway. This antenna is heavy.
Jan 31, 2017, 09:56 AM
Quote:
so does the xmpf3e have one since it does not have telemetry?

i was hoping to get an artificial horizon on my quad even though I get telemetry on my radio. goggles and being busy flying make it hard to look at the radio.
Jan 31, 2017, 11:54 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
so does the xmpf3e have one since it does not have telemetry?

i was hoping to get an artificial horizon on my quad even though I get telemetry on my radio. goggles and being busy flying make it hard to look at the radio.
No, the XMPF3E does not have an inbuilt OSD.
Feb 06, 2017, 02:27 AM
FPV addict
Quote:
Hi, does integrated XSR in XSRF3E combo uses some special XSR FW or standalone XSRs FW can be used?

There is nothing on frsky web in FW tab
Just got info emailed to me from Frsky: "the technician said you can flash the integrated XSR same as standard xsr through Sbus port. The firmware you can download from our websites."
Feb 06, 2017, 11:31 PM
Alex
Quote:
Just got info emailed to me from Frsky: "the technician said you can flash the integrated XSR same as standard xsr through Sbus port. The firmware you can download from our websites."
Be careful. I have rechecked with FrSKY - no, they say XSRF3E intergrated XSR RX CANNOT be flashed with the regular standalone XSR FW.
I've checked this with XMPF3E board - tried to flash intergrated XM+ receiver with regular FW - it didn't work afterwards.
Here we have the same...

I think that the answer you've got just telling you that you can flash integrated XSR with SPort pins just as in regular XSR
Feb 07, 2017, 05:11 PM
FPV addict
Ok. Thanks for warning & clarification.
Feb 08, 2017, 05:14 PM
When will other premier dealers such as aloft be getting these. I like their service and don't want to deal with horusrc.
Feb 13, 2017, 11:54 AM

Header and connector sizes on XSRF3e...

As you might be able to see in some of the photos, there are two seemingly nonstandard sizes for the headers, and subsequently the wire-connectors. There is only one 3-pin area that takes a standard 2.54 pitch header, one pair for 5 volt and gnd is 2mm, and all the others are either 1mm or 1.27mm (I cannot tell which).

I only noticed these nonstandard sizes when I started to assemble last night. If anybody here has successfully done a build using these headers(without just soldering wires directly to this module, can you respond with the actual header sizes and a vendor/source for their connectors? It is very easy to find 2,54 pitch ones, but the smaller ones seem to be rare.

Thanks,
Adam
Feb 13, 2017, 09:52 PM
Quote:
The FC related sensors that my Taranis finds with the firmware it was delivered with and the FC just connected to power through USB are

A4 currently shows as 0.00V
VFAS 0.00V
Curr 10.2A
Alt varies 0 to 2.1m with FC static
Fuel continually increasing by about 3% per second to (infinity maybe)
VSpd 0.0m/s Moving the FC gives values that seem reasonable
Hdg Range seems to be 0-360 degrees. Value seems to take ages to stabilise when the FC is moved
AccX Values seem reasonable when FC moved
AccY
AccZ
TmP1 Continually cycles between 10000, 20000 and 30000 degrees C

Presumably there is a .lua script that helps turn this data into an OSD equivalent for the Taranis or Horus screen, do you have a link to that please?

The diagrams of the FC here and in the manual show pins for external connection to UARTS. The configurator and the manual show the UARTS connected internally to USB, MSP and the Rx and the Smartport. As the FC contains a compass and a barometer it is logical to assume that it is intended for use with a GPS. Is it possible to connect a GPS to one of the UART external pins sets as well as using the same UART for the USB, MSP, Rx or SPORT or can only one thing be connected to any UART at a time? Or does the GPS connect to the sets of pins marked FC SWD and SWD? If not, what are these sets of pins used for? Is there a I2C connection available anywhere?

I have looked on line for documentation and read the CF and INAV Wiki and watched several Painless 360 videos. This FC is different to those I can find to read about so I was wondering if anyone has a link to something that will tell me how to physically connect this FC to the peripherals that the array of pins around the board seem to be intended for? Thanks for any help.
Feb 27, 2017, 03:13 PM
Where is the proper pad to bring power into this board? I'm used to using the power and ground on an unused esc port which doesn't exist on this board.
Feb 27, 2017, 03:33 PM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porp
Where is the proper pad to bring power into this board? I'm used to using the power and ground on an unused esc port which doesn't exist on this board.
Look at the manual.

Named 5V power supply
V_IN
GND
supply +5V and ground

Thats it.
Feb 27, 2017, 08:14 PM
Can someone recommend a current sensor to connect to the flight controller for up to 50A?

Quick Reply