The 4" FPV Racer Revolution is Coming! Are you ready? - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 09, 2017, 09:22 AM
Enjoying every minute of it...
Cool, thanks...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2017, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enurian
It won't be 30-40g lighter with a proper camera... And I think we all agree that tri-props "feel" just better, call it grip or whatever.
I don't agree that tri feels better on this frame at all. From my experience on that particular type of frame, regular non BN blades are better.
Jan 13, 2017, 07:02 PM
Rebuilt my Proto SuperLight 4R for 5s duty. Sporting the new FPV model Quadrant 25A 4-in-1 ESC's. HS1177 with GoPro lens. BH 1407-3600kv. I'll be using a 800mah 60C 5S lipo.

AUW (No lipo or arm braces) = 189g
Jan 14, 2017, 07:58 AM
Enjoying every minute of it...
check your PMs...
Jan 14, 2017, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd flyr
check your PMs...
Replied
Jan 14, 2017, 08:20 PM
SuperLight 4R Testing (2 min 20 sec)
Jan 14, 2017, 09:30 PM
why doesn't it ever just work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalystmachine
Got any dvr feed? You guys have me really excited to build mine. I think it's going to be around the same weight. Its 3" little bro ended up 170g
Last edited by WickedWingman; Jan 15, 2017 at 03:43 PM.
Jan 15, 2017, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Rebuilt my Proto SuperLight 4R for 5s duty. Sporting the new FPV model Quadrant 25A 4-in-1 ESC's. HS1177 with GoPro lens. BH 1407-3600kv. I'll be using a 800mah 60C 5S lipo.

AUW (No lipo or arm braces) = 189g
man, that looks really mean. love it!
Jan 15, 2017, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWingman
Got any dvr feed? You guys have me really excited to build mine. I think it's going to be around the same weight. Its 3" little bro ended up 170g
DVR coming
Jan 16, 2017, 02:49 PM
We finally got some proper "professional" pics done in our handy dandy light box.
Jan 17, 2017, 11:02 AM
Quote:
We finally got some proper "professional" pics done in our handy dandy light box.
I'm intrigued as i've been looking for a smaller 4" frame that is made for the 1407 motors AND a HS1177 style cam. I (like someone else mentioned) HATE the micro cams. They are horrible for racing.

I'm trying to decide if I want an AIO type setup for FC or a PDB and something like a revolt and ESC's on the arms. 20amp ESCs should be fine i would think.

Have you tried this with triblades?
Jan 17, 2017, 11:08 AM
why doesn't it ever just work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysman
boom
Jan 17, 2017, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysman
I'm intrigued as i've been looking for a smaller 4" frame that is made for the 1407 motors AND a HS1177 style cam. I (like someone else mentioned) HATE the micro cams. They are horrible for racing.

I'm trying to decide if I want an AIO type setup for FC or a PDB and something like a revolt and ESC's on the arms. 20amp ESCs should be fine i would think.

Well I have not, yet. I want to though. I really need a prop that is good for racing and crashing. The props I am using are amazing in the air, light, and let the motor spin up to high RPM (fast top speed) but they are a bit too fragile. I am thinking of trying a 4040 tri BN prop.
Jan 17, 2017, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Well I have not, yet. I want to though. I really need a prop that is good for racing and crashing. The props I am using are amazing in the air, light, and let the motor spin up to high RPM (fast top speed) but they are a bit too fragile. I am thinking of trying a 4040 tri BN prop.
Should spin them just fine i would think. i've got a bunch of 850 4s LiHV packs I bought for my atom but they are just too heavy IMO. May have to build one of these.
Jan 17, 2017, 05:44 PM
Due to a large amount of interest in this machine we decided to open up pre-order. GO GO GO!

http://www.catalystmachineworks.com/.../superlight-4r