Jan 05, 2017, 05:45 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Hangar 9 30cc Ultra Stick!

Yep, next month they should be arriving....

http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...cc-arf-han2365

'Bout time I would say......

Jerry
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2017, 07:05 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
YES! Saw this earlier !
All I can say is....... what took so long?
I have the original 120 Ultra and this one's a bit larger but the same weight. Nice colors too.

Hope this one's as good as the old ones!
Jan 05, 2017, 07:36 PM
Same Day Delivery
I'm surprised it's not priced at 500 bucks!

The manual is up on the Horizon link, browsing it reminds me why I always prefer Hanger-9 ARF's
Last edited by mike3976; Jan 05, 2017 at 07:44 PM.
Jan 05, 2017, 07:56 PM
Thread OP
I noticed the recommended engine (Evolution gasser) doesn't sit very far from the firewall....I wonder how my DLE 30 stand offs will effect the CG!
Jan 05, 2017, 08:43 PM
I was thinking the same, as I'm planning to go with a Dle 35. The manual shows the option to mount the elevator servos in the fuse or outside near the rear. Couldn't really tell if servo bays are included from the pic
Jan 06, 2017, 10:03 AM
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailskid2
I noticed the recommended engine (Evolution gasser) doesn't sit very far from the firewall....I wonder how my DLE 30 stand offs will effect the CG!
There are two locations withing the fuselage where the batteries can be located. Either in the fuel tank/ battery bay ( In front of the C of G ) Or behind the servos ( Aft of the C of G ) This should help adjust the center of gravity to suit different power plant choices.
The UStick is also extremely tolerant and has a huge balance range where the plane remains happily flyable. For testing. I added weight to the tail and nose. 14ozs to the tail to be exact. I flew the model with balance points as far forward as 85mm back from the leading edge. All the way to 165mm. That's over 3" and it flew fine. So dont worry about deviating a little.

Also. As a great example. One of my test planes currently has a Saito 60cc 3 cylinder radial bolted on the front. That's 5lbs worth of engine!!! Admittedly. I had to put the batteries in the tail ( 2 x 2 cell lipo) and its still nose heavy, but flies fine !

Regards Ali
Jan 06, 2017, 10:07 AM
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar9
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1313
I was thinking the same, as I'm planning to go with a Dle 35. The manual shows the option to mount the elevator servos in the fuse or outside near the rear. Couldn't really tell if servo bays are included from the pic
The plane is set up so that both sets of servo mount positions are supplied straight out of the box. The only thing you need to do if you want to rear mount the servos is cut out the film that covers the holes.

Hope this helps? Regards Ali
Jan 06, 2017, 03:07 PM
I'd be tempted to go with a Rimfire 1.20, 450kv, 5-6s, 16x8-18x8, 9#-3D, 14.5#-sport, 1480/2360w, 50/80amps.

I don't fly 3d anyway, and this would then use the same 6s 4000 - 5000 batteries I use in a bunch of other planes already.
Jan 06, 2017, 05:50 PM
Thread OP
Ali, thanks for your input as that puts my concerns to bed....now by any chance are you here at the AMA Convention?
Jan 06, 2017, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Mach
The plane is set up so that both sets of servo mount positions are supplied straight out of the box. The only thing you need to do if you want to rear mount the servos is cut out the film that covers the holes.

Hope this helps? Regards Ali
Thanks for the quick response, I pre-ordered my Stick last night. Now I know how the kids felt leading up to Christmas.

Are you guys going to have a downloadable set-up for the stick that includes "crow" flaps?
Jan 07, 2017, 10:12 AM
Looks like from just seeing firewall images on the H9 site, the DLE35RA won't fit unless its side mounted like the EVO 33... the EVO standoffs are in the narrow profile sidemounted (only 54mm wide, and there doesn't look like alot of room on either side to mount the DLE) the DLE35RA mounts are 80 mm across the top and 70mm across the bottom.. can the mounts be turned on the 35RA so they are narrow profile?? Or does someone make a muffler for the RA so if its sidemounted the exhaust goes down?
Jan 07, 2017, 11:29 AM
Thread OP
Good point Chris
Jan 07, 2017, 11:43 AM
I'm thinking DA-50.
Jan 07, 2017, 06:34 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman
I'm thinking DA-50.

Put some 1/4 scale servos in the tail and the some!
Jan 07, 2017, 07:53 PM
WCB
WCB
I think I'll wait until it has been out a while and see which engines are working out the best on it.

Quick Reply