Blade 130 S BNF Basic with SAFE Technology

The 130 S is based on the previous model, the 130 X. You can expect nice features like the panic switch that levels the helicopter from any orientation...

Splash

Horizon Hobby releases the 130 S micro 3D helicopter for the pilot wanting to do more with their helicopter skills.

Horizon is starting the new year off with a bang with the release of yet another helicopter. It's the Blade 130 S and it provides an excellent way to put your 3D skills to the test right out of the box. The 130 S is based on the previous model, the 130 X. You can expect nice features like the panic switch that levels the helicopter from any orientation. All the electronic components are updated and matches today's technology. Expect to purchase a battery and already have a Spektrum transmitter when buying the BNF version.

For more information on the 130 S click here.

Key Features

• SAFE Technology: 3 flight modes, Self-leveling and Panic switch
  • Durable: Molded, lightweight plastics
  • Collective Pitch: with SAFE
  • Direct drive tail motor-powerful brushless motor

Needed To Complete

• 6+ Channel DSM2/DSMX Transmitter
  • Lipo Battery
  • LiPo Charger

What's In The Box?

• (1) Blade 130 S BNF
  • (1) User Manual

Last edited by ndfly700; Jan 05, 2017 at 06:36 PM..
Jan 06, 2017, 05:35 PM
Already two threads on here for this. Good times coming. The price though.
Jan 06, 2017, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
Already two threads on here for this. Good times coming. The price though.
Agree....expensive heli, expensive parts...add a few USD and get a 450.....
Jan 07, 2017, 12:23 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChespiIker
Agree....expensive heli, expensive parts...add a few USD and get a 450.....
Good luck flying a 450 in a small gym or large basement.
Jan 07, 2017, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Good luck flying a 450 in a small gym or large basement.
No, we get it. It's just so insane the prices on this little thing.
Jan 07, 2017, 11:18 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
No, we get it. It's just so insane the prices on this little thing.
I never understood why people think smaller = cheaper. It's often the opposite. Complexity drives cost, and smaller often means more complex.

Sure the highly-integrated micro's are cheaper, but for the larger stuff, there's really little in the way of difference in parts count or complexity between a 130S and a 230S. Unsurprisingly there's also little cost difference.

There's never going to be a huge price spread between a 130 and a 450, and most of the difference is going to be in the tail. The bigger stuff gets wildly more expensive largely because of tiny production runs, not size.
Jan 07, 2017, 12:20 PM
Quote:
I never understood why people think smaller = cheaper. It's often the opposite. Complexity drives cost, and smaller often means more complex.

Sure the highly-integrated micro's are cheaper, but for the larger stuff, there's really little in the way of difference in parts count or complexity between a 130S and a 230S. Unsurprisingly there's also little cost difference.

There's never going to be a huge price spread between a 130 and a 450, and most of the difference is going to be in the tail. The bigger stuff gets wildly more expensive largely because of tiny production runs, not size.
Roflcopter 101

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH3450

Though to be fair I've had to replace the tail servo, $36, and the motor, $50. The tail still wags a little, and I get 3:30 of flight time with crazy power. This might be worth it if it doesn't rely on "end user fixes" like the majority of blade products.
Last edited by davidfoosh; Jan 07, 2017 at 12:32 PM.
Jan 07, 2017, 12:44 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfoosh
Roflcopter 101

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH3450

Though to be fair I've had to replace the tail servo, $36, and the motor, $50. The tail still wags a little, and I get 3:30 of flight time with crazy power. This might be worth it if it doesn't rely on "end user fixes" like the majority of blade products.
Same size category (the 180 is just a 130 stretch), same price (MSRP on the 180CFX is $10 higher, but they're both getting a street price of $199). That for an aircraft 2 years old vs one just being introduced.

Give the 130S 6 months and it will be selling cheaper than the 180 (and always will be cheaper in stores that sell at MSRP)
Jan 07, 2017, 03:05 PM
Quote:

Not really. This is just in the helicopter world. In the quadcopter world i can get brushless motors and esc for 6 bucks. Good ones. Flight control boards for 15 bucks. Amazing ones. Good carbon frames for 20 bucks.

But in the heli world that esc costs 50 bucks, the tiny brushless motor 30 and the flight controller 100 to 400! The carbonated frame half is 20 to 50. Half!

From a mechanical side, fhe heli is more complex and expensive to manufacture. Molds must be made, machining of exacting parts etc.

But they are screwing us on electronics costs. It's a joke and the manufacturers wonder why heli sales have died and quads are taking over.

Don't keep believing the small is not any cheaper. It already is in the quad world. Just brainwashing us in the heli world.

Also if tiny is so expensive, why can I get a hcp60 for 30 bucks and an awesome k100 for 35 and a k110 for 45?

Answer: Blade is a rip off. Plain and simple.
Last edited by Thickfog; Jan 07, 2017 at 03:55 PM.
Jan 07, 2017, 07:31 PM
So it doesn't even come with a battery.
Jan 07, 2017, 09:02 PM
Yes. Rtf does and usually their bnf always do, but not this one. Odd.
Sounds insane but if this guy flies like their 230s and is as reliable, I'll get one. I need bnf only as it will save me 8 bucks. Lol.
Last edited by Thickfog; Jan 09, 2017 at 03:08 PM.
Jan 08, 2017, 12:42 PM
FL, Sanford
Quote:
a k110 for 45?
Can you share the link please? I bought my k110 for $65
Jan 08, 2017, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Ball
Can you share the link please? I bought my k110 for $65
You just have to keep looking. This was back in November. The prices go up and down constantly. They are hovering (lol) around 80 now. I bought two at the cheap price-- couldn't resist.

I got a rtf xk x251 for 70 shipped back in August. They go for for 110 to 130 now.

Just the other night I grabbed a Trex 470Lp for 337 plus 25 off shipped from amain. Now they have it at 375!

I also found it for 327 now at Lower! RC shipped.
Pain in the butt.

I grabbed a gew bnf hcp60s back in fall for around 30.
Jan 08, 2017, 03:44 PM
Foam Rules, Gravity Sucks
Well, I expect to buy the 130S. I'm not put off by the motor driven tail as I have a 230S, which has been fine for all the 3D I'm capable of.

I also have two 130X's (one with almost everything upgraded with metal and carbon, only the linear servos left, bought at a steal price, and a 180CFX.

The 230S is bog Std and no faults. The 130X gained metal gears early on and has not been touched other than the occasional wash out of the servo tracks with contact cleaner when it gets jittery, and the 180 has not had to be touched.

The 180 is a bit aggressive and high head speed to fly around others in UK sized halls, the 230S a little large though a lot less aggressive sounding.

The 130X is the mark that I and others tend to use, so as long as they hold their promise of not making it overly limited (like the replacement Nano!) it'll be good.
Jan 08, 2017, 04:09 PM
Motor driven tails are now proven such as on the rock stable k110 and k120 platforms. And as you say the 230s.

Quick Reply