Blade mSR S RTF with SAFE Technology

This model is designed to help newer pilots convert from the coaxial trainer helicopters to the single bladed helicopter. Horizon insures this progression with SAFE technology...

Splash

Horizon Hobby brings some new micro helicopters to the market with new technology

Horizon Hobby has been very successful in the micro heli market with great flying machines. Every year they implement the latest technology out there and this year is no different. The newest 2017 release comes in a very familiar form. The Blade mSR S is a derivative of the original model of the Blade SR. They started out larger and slowly released smaller models like the mSR, and now we have the mSR S. This model is designed to help newer pilots convert from the coaxial trainer helicopters to the single bladed helicopter. Horizon insures this progression with SAFE technology. Now you can start flying a single bladed helicopter with almost true hands free capabilities.

For more information on the new mSR S click here.

Features

• SAFE Technology
  • Advanced AS3X
  • Fixed-Pitch Rotor Head
  • Durable Construction
  • Easy to Repair and Maintain
  • Fully-Assembled with No Building Required

Included

• (1) mSR S RTF Heli
  • (1) 2.4GHz Transmitter
  • (1) 150mAh 3.7V 45C LiPo
  • (1) USB Charger
  • (1) User Manual

Last edited by ndfly700; Jan 05, 2017 at 05:23 PM..
Jan 07, 2017, 01:26 PM
HH sold a sh#t ton of nano cps helis obviously (price point & indoor friendly size) but I guess many typical customers (flying indoors probably) don't ever use the other two modes - just stabilised.... So.. They really benefit from the greater simplicity of FP and won't use or benefit from the fast response of cp.. Just my guess..!!!
I'm waiting for the new 130 sized cp due in March myself!
Jan 07, 2017, 01:27 PM
Posted twice..! Oops.
Jan 10, 2017, 06:16 PM
I wonder if this if closer to the original mSR which was fixed pitch, but had a fly bar, or closer to the mSR -X which was flybarless?

It appears to be just like the mSR-X, but maybe with a panic button? Not sure it will actually have "Stability" like the Nano CPS. The original mSR-X was MUCH harder to fly than the Nano CPS.
Jan 19, 2017, 12:40 PM
Terrain! Terrain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer1987Nate
I wonder if this if closer to the original mSR which was fixed pitch, but had a fly bar, or closer to the mSR -X which was flybarless?

It appears to be just like the mSR-X, but maybe with a panic button? Not sure it will actually have "Stability" like the Nano CPS. The original mSR-X was MUCH harder to fly than the Nano CPS.
HH's replacement parts page shows the tail boom w/motor for the CPS. ??
Jan 21, 2017, 11:11 PM
Quote:

I'm hoping the new mSR S is more like the original mSR. It was a great little helicopter. It flew extremely well, was very stable, and durable. The mSR X flew like crap by comparison.

I always regretted selling my original mSR. If this turns out to be like the original, I'm in!

Don
Jan 22, 2017, 01:41 PM
Terrain! Terrain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don
I'm hoping the new mSR S is more like the original mSR. It was a great little helicopter. It flew extremely well, was very stable, and durable. The mSR X flew like crap by comparison.

I always regretted selling my original mSR. If this turns out to be like the original, I'm in!

Don
My original is still an excellent performer and I plan on keeping it even after I pick up a Nano CP S. But I am worried about parts availability in the future, especially flybars, canopies and tail booms/motors. I hate it when Blade discontinues an excellent product and then substitutes it with something that's not really in its class.

Hope the new version is just as stable, fast, manuverable and fun to fly. My original rips around the yard like crazy.
Jan 23, 2017, 07:47 PM
I have the original mSR I bought used a few months ago. It really is awesome compared to the Nano CPS, but it is very un-reliable and sadly has been discontinued. When I first got it, it flew awesome. Now, though I can barely keep it in the air, as it goes almost anywhere, but where I point it. I bought a new tail boom and motor, and some other parts, but it just will not fly very well at all. It' s too bad, because that one night I flew the original mSR it was way cool. Super fast, and agile, and controllable, but not anymore, and I can't seem to fix it.

Hope this new one is closer to the original mSR and not so much like the mSR-x (even though I do like the mSR-x quite a bit too)
Jan 23, 2017, 07:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, I have the Nano CPS and I really like it too. It's just very "Soft" feeling to fly compared to the mSR. It is smooth, but soft.
Jan 24, 2017, 11:36 AM
Yes, the new S has very quick movement. Not what i wanted but picked up the rtf. Remote sucks. The first one i had ended up having tail motor problem, so took it back where i got it an was given the shop owners copter. Thing is zippy. To tame it down, i went from the short ball studs to the longer ones on the swash.
hope my terminalogy is correct as i just got into theee helis 3 weeks ago. I flew airplanes for a couple years an gave tthat up after an auto accident. So im familure with the controls. I startbwith the 3.5 channel syma and sky rover helis in the house with my 12yr old daught. So now im hooked with these small one i can sit on couch an fly. Allmost got a cp instead of a fp but didnt want to wait. I did a couple videos on youtube. Just type in blade mSR s and it should come up. Not so great in light wind either
Jan 30, 2017, 07:11 PM
Does it Self Level (mSR) or does it keep heading the same direction you last gave input, until you give the opposite input? (mSRX)

I'm trying to determine if it flies like the original mSR? Or if it's more like the mSRX?
Jan 31, 2017, 12:51 AM
as far as i can say from flying, say your going forward then go back to center or even sideways for that matter, the momentum will keep it traveling same way depending on speed of movement. using fast rudder or taking it up or down is the only time it stops it movement. hope you understand my reply...kinda new at terms still.
Jan 31, 2017, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Does it Self Level (mSR) or does it keep heading the same direction you last gave input, until you give the opposite input? (mSRX)

I'm trying to determine if it flies like the original mSR? Or if it's more like the mSRX?
I'm doing your own question, because if this new mSR S is more similar to the Blade MSRX then maybe it would be better to buy the nano cps.
I have seen several videos in which the nano cps fly docile like a coaxial (in stability mode).
Jan 31, 2017, 06:38 AM
most of the parts are the msrx. i mean the X meant it was flybarless, so then the new one is S witch is safe. so the dramatic change is only the board. how many people are really going to remember or really going to press down on the throttle stick for an emergency..... i originally wanted a cp copter but wasn't available so i got this.
Feb 07, 2017, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gassprint1
most of the parts are the msrx. i mean the X meant it was flybarless, so then the new one is S witch is safe. so the dramatic change is only the board. how many people are really going to remember or really going to press down on the throttle stick for an emergency..... i originally wanted a cp copter but wasn't available so i got this.
Well, if you can fly the mSRX or in this case the mSRS then you should easily be able to fly an original mSR or a Nano CPs in Normal mode (stability).
The Nano CPs in CP (aggression) mode feels basically just like flying the mSRX because it needs constant correction, and it moves much more quickly with very little input.