Mar 19, 2017, 10:07 AM
Bush Pilot --- GOAT
Cruising around on a windy day. Couldn't do much but at least I got to fly.
Valiant cruising around on a windy day (3 min 5 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2017, 12:35 PM
Yvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absaroka
Cruising around on a windy day. Couldn't do much but at least I got to fly. https://youtu.be/Tm7MmBsokO8
Good flight my friend and good landing.
I really like the Valiant. I will often fly with the Valiant.
Yvan

SeeMeDo
Good flight. I like it.
Mar 19, 2017, 12:38 PM
Bush Pilot --- GOAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysTiC27
Good flight my friend and good landing.
I really like the Valiant. I will often fly with the Valiant.
Yvan
Thanks Yvan. The Valiant is a dream to fly my friend. Gary
Mar 19, 2017, 12:50 PM
Yvan

E-flite Valiant Sport VS ♡⊙♡

Absaroka

On March 18, I have a test for the Valiant for the Safe Select Switch.
Everything works very well. It flies wonderfully well the Valiant.
I found it easier to land without the Safe. He does not really need it.
Happy man. Yvan

E-flite Valiant Sport VS ♡⊙♡ (4 min 17 sec)
Last edited by MysTiC27; Mar 19, 2017 at 02:52 PM.
Mar 19, 2017, 01:17 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
HAHHHAHHAHHAHA Like i said earlier U Funny guy.....Not enough as3x in the world to help your sketchy flying.....
Damnit I am getting better. How about a wager for $10 that I make it through the end of the month without totalling another plane?

Anyway, had a great float flight this morning at the beach. Windy again but she flew well. I glued the submerged rudder from the Tundra to the rudder for some extra "authority" and learned almost the hard way not to go in reverse too fast.

A little wingstrike on my otherwise-perfect landing.
Latest blog entry: Funcub Heavy
Mar 19, 2017, 03:16 PM
LOL how about one dollar........I give u about ...the next flight..
Mar 19, 2017, 05:36 PM
Bush Pilot --- GOAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysTiC27
Absaroka

On March 18, I have a test for the Valiant for the Safe Select Switch.
Everything works very well. It flies wonderfully well the Valiant.
I found it easier to land without the Safe. He does not really need it.
Happy man. Yvan

https://youtu.be/Uq0CT5d1uB0
+1 Yvan.
Mar 20, 2017, 08:59 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dalecheek: I owe you $10... :(

I was having such a beautiful flight this morning. Took her up high to do some inverted circling, rolled back upright, flipped to low rates for conservative flying. Later I was in the mood to dive down fast for some slow-and-low, but forgot I was still on super-low rates.

To my credit, I hit the water, which is the responsible, safe and polite way to fail to pull out of a nosedive.

Sadly the wind chose to blow out to sea and it was definitely too cold to swim that distance. I'll give it an hour, but I see the odds of my contact info remaining intact combined with the chance of someone picking it up and giving me a ring as being below fifty, so ... back to hobbyzone, maybe they have a buy-four-get-one-free deal.

Me and the Valiant? This is addiction-tier. Hopefully my wife isn't checking the bank account.

Doug
Mar 20, 2017, 09:04 AM
All aboard Flight 666
DUDE! You need to figure something out. Do u have a kayak u can bring with you for retrievals?
Mar 20, 2017, 10:26 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22
DUDE! You need to figure something out. Do u have a kayak u can bring with you for retrievals?
Hmm, that's actually a great idea.

I have one of those little plastic kiddy pools, with a few "mods" I might get that seaworthy, just need a paddle.

This one would do, especially if I could power the pump from my car or my lipos.
Mar 20, 2017, 10:46 AM
All aboard Flight 666
That would be good, and a lot cheaper than a new plane (or 4 new planes )
Mar 20, 2017, 11:13 AM
I think that kayaks are a bit of a fad, and there should be lots of the blow molded ones for sale cheap, especially before the weather warms up. The trick is to get a small one that is reasonably light and reasonably stable. For the RC retrieval task you do not need speed, which generally requires more length, and that often comes with more weight. Although, given Doug's proven approach to problem solving, I can quite see him blowing out to sea in a kiddie wading pool.
Mar 20, 2017, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMeDo
I think the UMX Waco looks and by all the videos seams to be a great flyer too.
Yesterday we had a 90 degree cross wind in the teens, but we still had a great day.
My landing looks like a puppy finding the perfect spot to pee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5ifpXqKHI0
Jeff.....
Nice but please "Timer STOP"!!!!
Mar 21, 2017, 07:26 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
After sending my man Dave of HZ yet another wad of cash for a new Valiant and floats I fixed up my Tundra real nice (except for a missing magnet, argh), but decided not to fly it until today as losing two planes in the same day would ... well, it would call my redoubtable reputation as the best RC pilot in my zip code into question.

To make sure she was shipshape I performed extensive extreme driveway taxiing. Especially if I remember to perform a proper range check, I think the odds of a incident-free flight are in my favor, but I don't always think clearly. Though the left aileron servo is jittery when I move it, but I figure if it dies mid-flight there's a good chance it will not be fully at an angle, moreso if I'm not flying at high rates, and I can compensate enough with rudder and right aileron. You're talking to the man who managed to land a Timber beautifully after discovering upon takeoff its ailerons were reversed:

E-flite Timber: Reversed Ailerons? NO PROBLEM. (0 min 58 sec)

I bet none of you have pulled that off. You would have panicked like girly-men.

Time to pack the car. Hey dalecheek, double or nothing?

Doug
Mar 21, 2017, 08:50 AM
LOL OK........u got it........next bet......pink slip to your car or your first born

Quick Reply