Apr 12, 2021, 07:17 PM
This is from the AR631 manual

The Spektrum™ AR631 Receiver is full range with fly-by telemetry, and is
compatible with all Spektrum™ DSM2® and DSMX® technology transmitters.

If you're not going to use the AR636 in your crashed Valiant, I'll take it if the price is right.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2021, 07:50 PM
"Sport 3Der For Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
This is from the AR631 manual

The Spektrum™ AR631 Receiver is full range with fly-by telemetry, and is
compatible with all Spektrum™ DSM2® and DSMX® technology transmitters.

If you're not going to use the AR636 in your crashed Valiant, I'll take it if the price is right.
Hi Clive, Thank you for the offer.I think I will make sure that the new recv'r works because I have seen and tried a few DSM2 compatible things that were NOT 100% compatible! Also I have got the cable to play around with settings in the 636 and see how that goes.Thanks again,Mike.
Apr 14, 2021, 02:34 PM
Flyin' Ryan
I've been thinking of adding a plane, but can't decide between the Valiant or Air Tractor. I had the Sport Cub previously, and still have the floats for it, which I think are the same as the Valiant. I have several batteries for either model. I'm comfortable flying any plane, so that's not am issue. What I want is a little bigger model than most "parkflyers" to be flown at a club field. I want something that can do touch and goes for an entire battery, yet still do basic aerobatics, without any weird characteristics. Being visable in a variety of sky conditions is also a good thing.

Any input from anyone that has flown both is welcome. Thanks, Ryan
Apr 14, 2021, 03:02 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
I have both right now. Both are great flying airplanes. But the valiant is my go to plane.

It will shoot touch and goes all days. Put floats on it and splash and goes are a blast. Good manners on the water. Still aerobatic.
Both are good airplanes. But for me the Valiant wins. It goes with me every time I fly.
Apr 14, 2021, 03:07 PM
I have both.
Air Tractor has cool looks & flies good, but the landing gear is weak & harder to land smooth.
Valiant is a lot more aerobatic & overall, a lot more fun to fly.

I haven't been flying the Air Tractor much lately, but still flying the Valiant a lot.
If I had flown the Air Tractor before buying, I probably wouldn't have one.
Apr 14, 2021, 06:21 PM
Hi,

I have both as well and agree with Clive. The Air Tractor is quirky/cool looking and is a good flyer. It is bigger than the Valiant and the yellow/blue color scheme is easy to see in the air. However; the Valiant is simply outstanding. I have a Valiant on floats and another with regular gear.

If I could only have one RC airplane it would be the Valiant.
Apr 14, 2021, 07:06 PM
Have Fun..Fly Safe
I have both and I agree with all the sentiments voiced above. The Valiant is the most fantastic flying airplane that Horizon sells. A few of us pilots fly them on floats off the snow in the winter.
Apr 14, 2021, 07:27 PM
The 1.5 Turbo Timber is very good plane to.
Apr 14, 2021, 10:03 PM
Flyin' Ryan
I have a umx turbo timber, but I prefer flying the umx J3 more. Can't really explain why though. I'm sure the larger one is different. I think I prefer the looks of the Valiant, so one may soon be in my collection.
Last edited by rycomm; Apr 15, 2021 at 07:58 AM.
Apr 15, 2021, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rycomm
I have a umx turbo timber, but I prefer flying the umx J3 more. Can't really explain why though. I'm sure the larger one is different. I think I prefer the looks of the Valiant, so one may soon be in my collection.
Love this quote from Dave Platt :

Big models fly, small models flit.
Apr 15, 2021, 04:26 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
As others have said before. And I have told people many times. If for some reason I was only able to have just one airplane from now on. The Valiant would be it
I have been flying forever
I can fly pretty much anything I want. The Valiant 1.3m is just such a good.over all airplane. It would be my choice
Apr 17, 2021, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPEOS RC
Yes it flies so much more fun. Took it to the sky a few days ago. Truly and excellent RC plane.
Cannot wait for the review on your YT channel.

How can you compare it to the T28 1.1m that you reviewed recently on your channel. Which one you prefer ?
They are on the same price range, they are designed toward improving pilots, ...
Apr 17, 2021, 02:14 AM
Keep an eye on the channel because I have a video coming soon.

A fair comparison between the Valiant and T28 1.1 is to run the T28 on 4s as they are more equal then. Both are great flying planes but the flight envelop is greater on the Valiant.
Apr 17, 2021, 08:03 AM
Comparing Apples to Oranges
Apr 17, 2021, 11:49 AM
Comparing plane vs plane in the same weight class at least. Well both are very good nevertheless.

Quick Reply